Douchebag Addon

General Discussion
1 2 3 7 Next
Not a while ago I was in tanaan and that special elite mob from the arakkoas spawned.. I was questing in south of hellfire citadel raid and took flight immediately after the announcement on the chat. My travel time was less then 1 minute I believe. When I arrived there, the mob was already dead.

I know this happens to lots of people. What I don't understand is why some people come in and drop all their dps cooldown in order to kill it as fast as possible, while there are 30 people already killing it. The mob will go down. Nobody will die. There's no need to drop all your artillery and your cooldowns. You're just being a douchebag.

I reminded the badpet addon, while some people consider it offensive I find it highly useful and helpful. I think the community need to create the: Douchebag addon.

This addon would track:
- the number of people that tagged the mob
- the time it took to die
and specially:
- the dps of each person. It would auto detect douchebagging and announce on the general chat something like this:

"Douchebag alert: Ipwnnubs did 45% dmg to (mob). Total damage: 405k. Number of people tags: 30. (Mob) lifespan: 20 seconds."

Isn't this a great idea?
Not really. It sounds kind of like you think you're entitled.
Maybe "douchebag" had been waiting there, while you were off doing whatever you wanted?
Just for 100 oil?
No, quit crying. My gear does not allow me to do low dps, but maybe yours does.
Edit: 687.. Oh yeah
That would just inspire me to push buttons harder so someone automatically says how much damage I did.
Lol plenty of douchebags above

I don't think Im entitled. I just think there's no need to pop all your cooldowns while theres a 100% obvious fact that the mob will go down regardless.

Allow more people to come and tag it.

Waiting 1 more minute shouldn't be so bad if people were previously camping it for 30 minutes.

Don't be a douchebag.
Maybe 100 people auto-attacking (most of whom were probably sitting there camping the spawn point, by the way!) is going to drop a mob just as fast as a couple of folk blowing their cooldowns.

If you are specifically hunting those mobs which each spawn once an hour, by the way, you can hang out in the area they're expected to spawn and be there to be guaranteed a tag.

Expecting a hundred people to slow DPS to wait for you is unfortunately a rather selfish request, and if someone called me out and said "Hey Synth how dare you Death Strike that mob that I was half a zone away when it spawned" I'd be unamused.
11/25/2015 08:54 AMPosted by Lito
Don't be a douchebag.

You're doing it...right now.
I don't think Im entitled.

Entitled:
believing oneself to be inherently deserving of privileges or special treatment.
Waiting 1 more minute shouldn't be so bad if people were previously camping it for 30 minutes.

You literally don't know if they have better things to do, and would rather get that done to see if they got the loot they wanted, but you come to the General Forums and demand everyone make sure their whole server can mosey over? Just wow.

This is the textbook definition of entitled.
And just who do you think is willing to waste time out of their life to make such a terrible addon, hmmm?
Apparently killing something is being a douchebag. clearly everyone should just single tag it then /afk for 10 minutes to share the 100 oil and 2 apexis crystals right

All I read in the OP's post is "ME ME ME ME ME ME ME ME ME ME ME do it for ME and if you dont do everything for ME the way I want it you're a douche"
Take a step back and look at the big picture.

You simply want to guarantee you're able to tag a rare mob when it spawns. What steps can you personally take to ensure this happens?

You can only control yourself. Take inventory.
11/25/2015 08:48 AMPosted by Lito
What I don't understand is why some people come in and drop all their dps cooldown in order to kill it as fast as possible

These particular rares spawn every ~30minutes I believe. If you want to kill the rare than it's suggested to be at the location of the spawn prior. There are still times where people wait for more noteworthy rares, but Tanaan ones are nothing special so waiting serves no real purpose, sorry
Maybe 100 people auto-attacking is going to drop a mob just as fast as a couple of folk blowing their cooldowns.

If you are specifically hunting those mobs which each spawn once an hour, by the way, you can hang out in the area they're expected to spawn and be there to be guaranteed a tag.

Expecting a hundred people to slow DPS to wait for you is unfortunately a rather selfish request, and if someone called me out and said "Hey Synth how dare you Death Strike that mob that I was half a zone away when it spawned" I'd be unamused.

I don't believe 100 people would come for the kill, but even if that's true, Isn't this way better? 100 people got their tag, compared to 15 people blowing their cooldowns. The mob lifespawn would go from 20 seconds to 1 minute.

I don't camp things. I can say camping the mob to make it go down as fast as possible in order to deny other people their tag is way more selfish then my request.
It is an annoyance when people use everything, however a callout system would be abused on both sides. If you really want the rare, wait for it or server hop at its spawn point.
11/25/2015 08:56 AMPosted by Zepp
Don't be a douchebag.

You're doing it...right now.

No I'm not. I'm the nice person who dont mind waiting 1 more minute and allow more people get their tag.
11/25/2015 08:58 AMPosted by Lito
I don't camp things. I can say camping the mob to make it go down as fast as possible in order to deny other people their tag is way more selfish then my request.

I disagree. Unfortunately, if you're unable to budge here, then you will not see any different results.
A tattling program would be ironically douchey.
11/25/2015 08:57 AMPosted by Sykorax
All I read in the OP's post is "ME ME ME ME ME ME ME ME ME ME ME do it for ME and if you dont do everything for ME the way I want it you're a douche"

Lol just like that thread a few months ago suggesting a 5 minute immunity for the champion rares, what a joke. Well I'm a lazy !@#$ and can't get to the mob summon me so I can kill it etc crap like that...
11/25/2015 08:58 AMPosted by Lito
Maybe 100 people auto-attacking is going to drop a mob just as fast as a couple of folk blowing their cooldowns.

I don't believe 100 people would come for the kill, but even if that's true, Isn't this way better? 100 people got their tag, compared to 15 people blowing their cooldowns. The mob lifespawn would go from 20 seconds to 1 minute.

But wait! you're such a douchebag for killing it in 1 minute! I arrived there in 1 minute and 5 seconds! Should have waited even longer for ME to come get it!! DOUCHE!