Douchebag Addon

General Discussion
Prev 1 2 3 4 7 Next
11/25/2015 08:48 AMPosted by Lito
Not a while ago I was in tanaan and that special elite mob from the arakkoas spawned.. I was questing in south of hellfire citadel raid and took flight immediately after the announcement on the chat. My travel time was less then 1 minute I believe. When I arrived there, the mob was already dead.

I know this happens to lots of people. What I don't understand is why some people come in and drop all their dps cooldown in order to kill it as fast as possible, while there are 30 people already killing it. The mob will go down. Nobody will die. There's no need to drop all your artillery and your cooldowns. You're just being a douchebag.

I reminded the badpet addon, while some people consider it offensive I find it highly useful and helpful. I think the community need to create the: Douchebag addon.

This addon would track:
- the number of people that tagged the mob
- the time it took to die
and specially:
- the dps of each person. It would auto detect douchebagging and announce on the general chat something like this:

"Douchebag alert: Ipwnnubs did 45% dmg to (mob). Total damage: 405k. Number of people tags: 30. (Mob) lifespan: 20 seconds."

Isn't this a great idea?

So who is to decide how long the 'douchebags' should wait? Serious question. You said you were a minute away.. I can get from the Alliance base all the way to the other side of Tanaan jungle in under a minute. So if you were only a 'minute' away, you probably weren't as close as you say...

But back to the original question, if we wait a minute, why shouldn't we wait two.. or three.. or wait for the whole zone to get there. What is the 'allowable' amount of time.. and who should decide what amount of time is just?

I think.. I know this is a radical idea and all.. That if you don't get there you're just out of luck. There has been more than my fair share of rares that I've missed out on, and I haven't run to the forums scream some kind of social justice needs to be implemented.

Time for you to learn how to deal with disappointment in a healthy fashion.
11/25/2015 09:12 AMPosted by Lito

Maybe the "douchebag addon" needs improvements, yes, but I do believe my idea behind it is good and the general backslash just shows how no one gives a damn about no one in this game.

I disagree. Check my previous comment about people listing these rares in the group finder. I do this all the time in order to help other people out. I tag the mob with one spell and stand there with my group listed so that as many people as possible can kill the tag.

It is simple and easy, and the people who are actually waiting in the mob's area for this very reason get to tag the mob. What you are suggesting is that people are called out for playing the game in the way that the game has literally trained us to do from the very start. You call it a "dbag" addon, but the only dbag would be the person using it to call out their fellow players for things they may not even realize they are doing "wrong" (I use that word very loosely).

The best thing you can do if you think that WoW's community is suffering from jerks is to not be one, and to actively try to make it better. Calling people out for such a menial offense is not the way to achieve that goal.
Yes, people who blow CDs and use Artillery Strike to burn bosses down in 30 seconds are douche bags of the lowest order. There have been numerous times I was sitting at the spawn point and joined a raid group within 10 seconds of it being listed, only to see the boss lying there dead by the time I phased in.
It's unreasonable to ask someone to "wait for other people" when killing a mob when you don't even know who's coming. If I have a friend on their way? Absolutely, I'll wait. But there's no way for anyone to know who wants to kill that mob. It's not unfair, it's just unfortunate that you were too far away to get a tag.
Ya guess what? One time I got to a rare spawn and didn't use cooldowns but no one came and I died. Moral of the story: always use CDs.
sorry i dont have time to wait for the whole server to mosey on over and tag the damn rare
So what you are now saying is that you are against flying?
I wonder how many elite spawns the OP missed in the course of authoring this thread. Perhaps we should create an addon for that.

"Moron alert: Lito did 0% dmg to (mob) because he was too busy whining on the forums. Total damage: 0k. Number of people tags: 30. (Mob) lifespan: 20 seconds."
11/25/2015 09:12 AMPosted by Lito

I just made a joke out of a genuine idea.

I do believe, however, that there's no need to pop cooldowns if there's dozens of people killing the mob. Chill out and watch it die, let more people get their tag.

Maybe the "douchebag addon" needs improvements, yes, but I do believe my idea behind it is good and the general backslash just shows how no one gives a damn about no one in this game.

Actually no. It is a stupid idea and it says a lot about you as a person who needs something like this. What do you plan on doing with the info? Sending whisper to them crying and telling them off? Telling them how they need to play? You needing this info to find out who is doing what on a rare mob is just.... I simply don't have the words to describe it except as a little sad and pathetic. (Not calling you that but needing to have this is)

I don't plan to do nothing with the info. The idea is just a general chat auto annoucement. I came with the addon as a joke btw. Nobody is telling nobody how to play, just like badpet doesn't tell hunters how to play.
I prefer to have a "whiner addon". It would keep track of all those people who whine about missing the kill on a rare mob that isn't even rare because it spawns so often.

They always think that no matter how long you have waited to kill a mob that you could have solo'd, you need to wait 5 more min for the folks who just logged on and didn't know it was up.

No, in all seriousness, what would anyone do with this list of "douchbags"? Who really cares?
[quote]

I don't camp things.

Then you don't deserve the kill. And me, and people like me will continue to blow Lust and all cooldowns to make sure people like you do NOT get the kill.
<span class="truncated">...</span>
Actually no. It is a stupid idea and it says a lot about you as a person who needs something like this. What do you plan on doing with the info? Sending whisper to them crying and telling them off? Telling them how they need to play? You needing this info to find out who is doing what on a rare mob is just.... I simply don't have the words to describe it except as a little sad and pathetic. (Not calling you that but needing to have this is)

I don't plan to do nothing with the info. The idea is just a general chat auto annoucement. I came with the addon as a joke btw. Nobody is telling nobody how to play, just like badpet doesn't tell hunters how to play.

I'm against any form of shaming someone about their playstyle in a video game. That is purely what this is.
I just wish people would wait at least 10-15 minutes for everyone to get there.
11/25/2015 09:00 AMPosted by Lito
11/25/2015 08:56 AMPosted by Zepp
You're doing it...right now.

No I'm not. I'm the nice person who dont mind waiting 1 more minute and allow more people get their tag.

You most definitely are. Being willing to do something "nice" doesn't cancel out the entitlement and the policing of others' behavior.
11/25/2015 09:24 AMPosted by Minuette
I just wish people would wait at least 10-15 minutes for everyone to get there.

Why? If I spent 15 minutes camping out the spot, why am I then obliged to wait another 15 for you to come and get your !@# there? If you cared as much as I did, you would have been camping it with me instead of doing something else and then trying to fly halfway across the map.
11/25/2015 09:32 AMPosted by Nessfalco
If I spent 15 minutes camping out the spot, why am I then obliged to wait another 15 for you to come and get your !@# there?

Would it kill you to wait one minute to give people time to phase in?
Okay seems this the thread is going down, I had no idea it would generate such backslash. Just wanted to end the thread reminding all you offended people: don't be a douche, the addon may be real, who knows! /rolleyes You know that undead autoattacking besides you, watching you blow all your cds? He thinks you're a bad, bad person. Be gentle, be nice, let more people tag the mob, it won't make a difference for you. Good bye folks