Douchebag Addon

General Discussion
Prev 1 3 4 5 7 Next
Nah, it honestly sounds like you're an entitled twit.
Hopefully this thread has highlighted a few ways you personally can be more likely to get that rare kill you're after.

Good luck.

11/25/2015 09:45 AMPosted by Lito
Okay seems this the thread is going down, I had no idea it would generate such backslash.

\
As people get better gear, of course this was always going to get worse. And yes, there are always, often vocally, those special people who want to blow it up asap to make sure some miss out on it.

This is why I've always suggested having a immunity period for at least the the four rares in TJ. Even a minute, now that we have flying, would make a nice improvement.
So what you are saying OP is that we ALL must wait until YOU arrive to get a tag? That everyone in the zone must wait for people who say in chat that are on their way to arrive? Who are you to tell someone how to kill a mob or how fast to kill a mob? Are you new to MMOs or even WoW? That's not how it works bro. You were just too slow, being a douchebag yourself, and just butthurt. You are not entitled to anything you millennial.
Move on dude. Long gone are the days where people would throw you a heal if they saw you struggling or the mage/paladin buffing everyone in their immediate area before moving on to their quests. It's a "me me me me me" game now.
11/25/2015 09:54 AMPosted by Wrain
Move on dude. Long gone are the days where people would throw you a heal if they saw you struggling or the mage/paladin buffing everyone in their immediate area before moving on to their quests. It's a "me me me me me" game now.

Oh, get out of here with this nonsense. The OP's a poster child for entitlement.

It is amusing though how these types of posts bring out the 'omg back in my day we HELPED each other, now it's all messed up' types like yourself.
de ja vu to Timeless Isle and those "rares"

Get a grip man, they have hardly any health and they aren't so rare.
11/25/2015 09:43 AMPosted by Lyceus
11/25/2015 09:32 AMPosted by Nessfalco
If I spent 15 minutes camping out the spot, why am I then obliged to wait another 15 for you to come and get your !@# there?

Would it kill you to wait one minute to give people time to phase in?

Where do you draw the line with that? Someone will always be just out of reach. One poster in this thread wanted players to wait 15 minutes.
11/25/2015 09:24 AMPosted by Minuette
I just wish people would wait at least 10-15 minutes for everyone to get there.

Sure, camp a spot for 45 minutes, put a stop watch up and set an alarm for 10 minutes and HOPE someone doesn't attack a rare mob that many others will know and see there. That's almost as idiotic as the OP's cry baby idea.

Do people use any common sense before they post? It's like... the sheer stupidity that pours out of some of these posts almost makes ME feel unintelligent at times.
11/25/2015 10:01 AMPosted by Nessfalco
11/25/2015 09:43 AMPosted by Lyceus

Would it kill you to wait one minute to give people time to phase in?

Where do you draw the line with that? Someone will always be just out of reach. One poster in this thread wanted players to wait 15 minutes.

That's far too short. 30 minutes, minimum. Don't want anyone to miss out.
11/25/2015 09:59 AMPosted by Frostberrie

It's "Death Grip."

Get a Death Grip, y'know, since he's a DK...
11/25/2015 09:32 AMPosted by Nessfalco

Why? If I spent 15 minutes camping out the spot, why am I then obliged to wait another 15 for you to come and get your !@# there? If you cared as much as I did, you would have been camping it with me instead of doing something else and then trying to fly halfway across the map.

I don't use flight. Either way people should announce it on the zone when something has spawned and wait a bit for people to get there, and yes you should wait out of kindness for others.
11/25/2015 09:56 AMPosted by Trystero
11/25/2015 09:54 AMPosted by Wrain

Oh, get out of here with this nonsense. The OP's a poster child for entitlement.

It is amusing though how these types of posts bring out the 'omg back in my day we HELPED each other, now it's all messed up' types like yourself.

What the OP is asking for isn't entitlement in the slightest. How is this such a difficult concept for all of you to grasp? It's just plain polite to wait a few minutes before nuking a HFC rare, nothing more, nothing less. Why? Because EVERYONE knows that people want the tag, so how is waiting even 4 measly minutes for more people to congregate too much to ask? Oh let me guess, they have "better" things to do, right? Well if 4 min is too much for you, then you should probably look at your schedule again.

Granted, OP is wrong in calling people a douchebag for it.

Also, that isn't a "back in the day" nostalgia post, it's the truth. Sorry it offends you for some reason
So you actually expect people to slow down their DPS to accommodate you? Then think they're DBs for not doing so. Wow. Just... wow.
Unless I'm crunched for time, I will often white damage rares down. As long as I tag it, I'm happy.

However, the reality is that no matter how slowly you down a rare, there will always be that one person who shows up right after it died. :( Often enough, that person will still be me. :( :(

The bright side is that every time I do tanaan dailies, I seem to manage to tag *at least* one rare, and most of the time, I get in on one of the rare rares, too. Most of my toons don't even have max flight speed.
11/25/2015 10:02 AMPosted by Supersonic

Sure, camp a spot for 45 minutes, put a stop watch up and set an alarm for 10 minutes and HOPE someone doesn't attack a rare mob that many others will know and see there. That's almost as idiotic as the OP's cry baby idea.

Do people use any common sense before they post? It's like... the sheer stupidity that pours out of some of these posts almost makes ME feel unintelligent at times.

Well if people would work together, maybe someone just logged on and needs to get to the spot. This would be especially important if you were discussing the strategy you were going to use and what achievments people needed or wanted to do for the fight. Plus if there were any precursors that people needed the fight to be done a certain way.
11/25/2015 10:02 AMPosted by Veranolth
11/25/2015 09:59 AMPosted by Frostberrie

It's "Death Grip."

Get a Death Grip, y'know, since he's a DK...
Me thinks you're Gorefiend's Grasping there :P
11/25/2015 10:02 AMPosted by Trystero
That's far too short. 30 minutes, minimum. Don't want anyone to miss out.

I get to Teq at least 30 minutes before if not longer.

edit: I have learned a lot from GW2 about how a community should work together for events and spawns. Those things are announced on the map and people do give other player's a generous amount of time to get there. WoW has degraded into a selfish go, go, go community to a degree and that is not a good thing. That is what the OP is getting at I believe.
Like my goblin friends say, "time is money". I refuse to hold back on a rare mob.
Like my goblin friends say, "time is money". I refuse to hold back on a rare mob.