Douchebag Addon

General Discussion
Prev 1 4 5 6 7 Next
11/25/2015 10:06 AMPosted by Wrain
11/25/2015 09:56 AMPosted by Trystero

Oh, get out of here with this nonsense. The OP's a poster child for entitlement.

It is amusing though how these types of posts bring out the 'omg back in my day we HELPED each other, now it's all messed up' types like yourself.

What the OP is asking for isn't entitlement in the slightest. How is this such a difficult concept for all of you to grasp? It's just plain polite to wait a few minutes before nuking a HFC rare, nothing more, nothing less. Why? Because EVERYONE knows that people want the tag, so how is waiting even 4 measly minutes for more people to congregate too much to ask? Oh let me guess, they have "better" things to do, right? Well if 4 min is too much for you, then you should probably look at your schedule again.

Granted, OP is wrong in calling people a douchebag for it.

Also, that isn't a "back in the day" nostalgia post, it's the truth. Sorry it offends you for some reason

Expecting 20+ individuals to waste '4 measly minutes' sitting around staring at a rare is the height of entitlement. The amount of time 'wasted' is not at all relevant. The people that are already at the rare have done the work to get there. The OP hasn't, and is expecting people to have to wait because he personally had whatever other priority to attend to that didn't involve getting to the spawn point.

Your inability to see past your fanciful notions of what you think the game used to be like doesn't offend me. It's amusing in its silliness.
11/25/2015 10:01 AMPosted by Nessfalco
Where do you draw the line with that? Someone will always be just out of reach. One poster in this thread wanted players to wait 15 minutes.

I draw the line exactly where I said. One minute. Do I need to repeat yet again how many times I've missed the mini bosses by mere seconds even though I was sitting at their spawn point and joined a raid group within ten seconds of it being listed?
If you want a rare, you gotta camp it. That's just how it is. No one's gonna wait, and if you're not around it simply means you didn't want it badly enough.

I learned this lesson in Timeless Isle.

11/25/2015 10:17 AMPosted by Lyceus
Do I need to repeat yet again how many times I've missed the mini bosses by mere seconds even though I was sitting at their spawn point and joined a raid group within ten seconds of it being listed?

It's happened to me before too. Move on and try again. There will be more rares/groups, sometimes within mere minutes of each other.
11/25/2015 10:18 AMPosted by Tadkins
If you want a rare, you gotta camp it. That's just how it is. No one's gonna wait, and if you're not around it simply means you didn't want it badly enough.

That's still no guarantee.

11/25/2015 10:18 AMPosted by Tadkins
It's happened to me before too. Move on and try again. There will be more rares/groups, sometimes within mere minutes of each other.

Then you should support the idea of players being courteous and NOT nuking bosses down in 30 seconds.
11/25/2015 08:48 AMPosted by Lito
Isn't this a great idea?

The neg post feature is dumb and abusive.

Except here.

Your post deserved it.
11/25/2015 10:20 AMPosted by Lyceus
Then you should support the idea of players being courteous and NOT nuking bosses down in 30 seconds.

Would it be nice if this happened? Sure. Is it at all a realistic notion that 20+ unorganized, unaffiliated individuals will do this? Not in the slightest. Is it entitlement to EXPECT people to do this? Absolutely.
11/25/2015 10:20 AMPosted by Lyceus

Personally? Sometimes I am. I tend to play around in the outdoor world in blood spec and can afford just autoattacking a rare waiting to see if bystanders catch on to get a tag.

Other times I might be in a hurry and blow everything. I might have something coming up, a queue might have just popped, I might be in a bad mood that day and don't give a damn...

It's silly to expect everyone to behave a certain way for your convenience.
IF that rare spawn is THAT important to you. You will be there before hand.

The epitome of selfishness to expect others, whom have already spent the time to get there and are ready now, to wait for YOU.

As for not using global CD, etc...

Screw that. If I have the means to down that Boss as quick as possible with little fuss or muss, I will. I expect others to be doing the same. That would be considered using your abilities in the best possible manner and not wasting the time of others.

You want a guaranteed tag on that rare spawn? Camp it, and stop expecting others to hinder themselves on account of your lack of preparation.
11/25/2015 10:09 AMPosted by Minuette
11/25/2015 10:02 AMPosted by Trystero
That's far too short. 30 minutes, minimum. Don't want anyone to miss out.

I get to Teq at least 30 minutes before if not longer.

edit: I have learned a lot from GW2 about how a community should work together for events and spawns. Those things are announced on the map and people do give other player's a generous amount of time to get there. WoW has degraded into a selfish go, go, go community to a degree and that is not a good thing. That is what the OP is getting at I believe.

Which GW2 were you playing? Certainly a different one than Live. There was teamwork but that teamwork involved elites popping up on a predictable timer while an absurdly large number of players circled the map in a loop killing said elites in order for hours. There was no waiting for other players. You joined the mob and kept up or got left behind.
11/25/2015 10:14 AMPosted by Trystero
11/25/2015 10:06 AMPosted by Wrain

What the OP is asking for isn't entitlement in the slightest. How is this such a difficult concept for all of you to grasp? It's just plain polite to wait a few minutes before nuking a HFC rare, nothing more, nothing less. Why? Because EVERYONE knows that people want the tag, so how is waiting even 4 measly minutes for more people to congregate too much to ask? Oh let me guess, they have "better" things to do, right? Well if 4 min is too much for you, then you should probably look at your schedule again.

Granted, OP is wrong in calling people a douchebag for it.

Also, that isn't a "back in the day" nostalgia post, it's the truth. Sorry it offends you for some reason

Expecting 20+ individuals to waste '4 measly minutes' sitting around staring at a rare is the height of entitlement. The amount of time 'wasted' is not at all relevant. The people that are already at the rare have done the work to get there. The OP hasn't, and is expecting people to have to wait because he personally had whatever other priority to attend to that didn't involve getting to the spawn point.

Your inability to see past your fanciful notions of what you think the game used to be like doesn't offend me. It's amusing in its silliness.

1) That is a specific circumstance. In my experience in Tannan, it is usually a small group of three geared people that come in and burn it.

2) Nobody is saying make 20+ people wait, that is obviously unreasonable as anyone would consider that a more than reasonable amount of people to kill the rare. I would even say 7-10 people is fine, but again, not the circumstance I'm referring to.

3) What "work" is there in getting to a rare that is MARKED on the map?

4) It clearly bothered you enough to start this pointless debate in the first place. And I don't find it silly at all, because they aren't fanciful in the slightest. I literally had someone tell me to kill myself last week because I told our team in IoC that we almost won and gave a few suggestions for the next battle. This is'nt a point on WoW specifically, but on the mentality that online gaming has morphed into as a whole.
11/25/2015 10:31 AMPosted by Yoshimo
Which GW2 were you playing? Certainly a different one than Live. There was teamwork but that teamwork involved elites popping up on a predictable timer while an absurdly large number of players circled the map in a loop killing said elites in order for hours. There was no waiting for other players. You joined the mob and kept up or got left behind.

There are plenty of events in GW2 that people call out on the map and link the WP, or say they are starting an event soon. Some world bosses to require strategy to get ready for, most dont. I was not really talking about them save the ones people need a boss done a specific way and it is announced before the boss. Yes I know those bosses are on timers and if you don't get there in time no big deal, you really cannot wait on those.

Like I said I was comparing it to events or a certain mob is up in GW2, and people do wait for a bit.
11/25/2015 09:54 AMPosted by Wrain
Move on dude. Long gone are the days where people would throw you a heal if they saw you struggling or the mage/paladin buffing everyone in their immediate area before moving on to their quests. It's a "me me me me me" game now.

Yeah you're wrong.. I've stopped and helped many a person.. Throw them a buff, heals.. To my own detriment at times in that I pulled aggro and in heal form end up dead. But you know, you go on with your bad self.
Some people do camp mobs so they are already there. Some of the rares (not talking about the big ones) don't have that many hp.

I've been at a minor rare and usually look around, wait a bit before I hit on it. When I do those, yeah, I'll pull out my big guns because it will most likely be just me. I'm sorry for people who get there just as it dies, but it isn't my responsibility. I've been cussed out before about it but I don't respond or get upset -- it happens and sometimes it happens that I am the one there too late.

I don't really understand the full out artillery blow out on (for example) doomroller when it first pops up. But again, when 3-5 of us have waited around a bit because mostly we all had to get there too, not our fault that we were close and you are far, we don't know if 100 other people are going to come thundering in at the last moment.
11/25/2015 09:45 AMPosted by Lito
it would generate such backslash

I am furiously pressing my \ key at you, sir!
11/25/2015 10:39 AMPosted by Wrain
1) That is a specific circumstance. In my experience in Tannan, it is usually a small group of three geared people that come in and burn it.

2) Nobody is saying make 20+ people wait, that is obviously unreasonable as anyone would consider that a more than reasonable amount of people to kill the rare. I would even say 7-10 people is fine, but again, not the circumstance I'm referring to.

The specific number of people there is beside the point. Expecting any number of other individuals to alter their behavior simply to accommodate you is entitlement. Would it be nice if those people waited? Sure. Is it reasonable to expect they will or, in particular, *should*? Absolutely not.

3) What "work" is there in getting to a rare that is MARKED on the map?

I'm not at all interested in debating the semantics of what constitutes 'work'. It's obvious via context what I am talking about.

4) It clearly bothered you enough to start this pointless debate in the first place. And I don't find it silly at all, because they aren't fanciful in the slightest. I literally had someone tell me to kill myself last week because I told our team in IoC that we almost won and gave a few suggestions for the next battle. This is'nt a point on WoW specifically, but on the mentality that online gaming has morphed into as a whole.

'Online gaming' has *always* had its fair share of perceived negativity The types like yourself that enjoy pontificating about how much better it was back in the day whenever you get the chance either haven't been around for that long or have an incredibly selective memory.

edit - typo
Actually no. It is a stupid idea and it says a lot about you as a person who needs something like this. What do you plan on doing with the info? Sending whisper to them crying and telling them off? Telling them how they need to play? You needing this info to find out who is doing what on a rare mob is just.... I simply don't have the words to describe it except as a little sad and pathetic. (Not calling you that but needing to have this is)

I don't plan to do nothing with the info. The idea is just a general chat auto annoucement. I came with the addon as a joke btw. Nobody is telling nobody how to play, just like badpet doesn't tell hunters how to play.

So you want it as an auto announcement in General Chat which will cause spam and really tick people off? So you are hoping then other people will send them whispers etc. telling them off. Gotcha. TBH people spamming stuff like that is very douchebaggish in itself.

You seriously should just let this go because every time you try to defend this and say why it is good, it makes you look like the douchebag if nothing else. Just let it go.
I have no nukes so... yeah.
11/25/2015 08:51 AMPosted by Emerníum
Not really. It sounds kind of like you think you're entitled.
Maybe "douchebag" had been waiting there, while you were off doing whatever you wanted?

While I think the OP's suggestion for the addon is overkill. This does point out a rampant issue in WoW that has gotten worse over the last couple of years. No one seems to care about anyone but themselves. Some people seem to take pride in being able to kill a rare before anyone else can get there.

It only takes a minute to announce in chat that "X" rare is up, and then just wait for a minute or two before attacking. Being selfish is not a good trait. Not in a game, not in ones life, and not in the world in general.

It's a sign of maturity and character when we think about others also, and it would for sure go a long way to help start making the community aspect of WoW fun again.
I usually just auto attack those mobs. As a moonkin
OP, don't tell me how to spend my time unless I get to tell you how to spend yours.

You're time wasted amounts to one minute. <smh> Look in the mirror.