Douchebag Addon

General Discussion
Prev 1 5 6 7 Next
Sometimes I run all of my level 100 toons (what is it now.9..10?) on the Tanaan rares, in a day.

You know what I do? I fly beforehand to the spot they spawn at, do a search in group finder, have it auto searching and then tab out and do some work while I wait. Within 5-10 minutes, often less, WoW flashes, I click back over, sign up for the group, phase into the new realm, tag it and boom, all is well.

I don't go all out on dps... hell, I often just queue up as heals ... but I also don't cry and complain about not making it in time for a kill. I simply straight up prevent any issues by being there, where it spawns.

Expecting others to wait and calling them names if they don't, is just being an entitled, self absorbed brat.

Just go and camp them ffs.
11/25/2015 08:54 AMPosted by Lito
I don't think Im entitled. I just think there's no need to pop all your cooldowns while theres a 100% obvious fact that the mob will go down regardless.
There's also an 100% obvious fact that the mob will respawn regardless.
11/25/2015 08:52 AMPosted by Altonas
No, quit crying. My gear does not allow me to do low dps, but maybe yours does.
Edit: 687.. Oh yeah

It sounds as if a Elitist Addon would be necessary to distinguish people like you, and real players.
What you're missing here OP is that those who raid wait around to kill bosses sometimes and frequently 10 to 30 minutes - for ONE boss. If you want the teamwork, courtesy and cooperation you suggest, you should raid or at least join some groups / start some groups.
11/25/2015 10:28 AMPosted by Vardenhammur
You want a guaranteed tag on that rare spawn? Camp it, and stop expecting others to hinder themselves on account of your lack of preparation.

As I've stated before, camping it is still no guarantee thanks to people blowing bosses up in 30 seconds.
11/25/2015 11:50 AMPosted by Evilmuffin
I fly beforehand to the spot they spawn at, do a search in group finder, have it auto searching

How do you make it auto search? That's a feature I've never heard of before. Usually I am stuck manually clicking refresh over and over and over and over.
It's not my problem if you're half way across the map when something you want spawns. If you cared that much, maybe you should have been there when it did.
Nobody's obliged to wait for you to get to a rare. It's like asking someone to wait for you to get to the TLPD before killing it so you can get it.
I play during the witching hours (5 hours behind realm time) so I see Deathtalon spawn and call out for help and nobody shows up. My hunter (lousy 8th alt) and some poor Alliance kid took like 20 minutes to kill it.

So where were you, OP? Could've used your leet deeps. In 20 minutes, this entire thread full of players could've RP-walked there to help us.
Gotta stay on the ball if you wanna stay on the wall, my friend. Be there when it pops, and you'll have your tag. It's unrealistic and quite selfish to expect other people to go out of their way for you because you demand it.

Besides which, all of the rares in Tanaan respawn after a while.
I miss my Sympathy Mod.

It would scan the chatlog for people that would do the "calls out for healing!" emote and it would immediately respond with a sarcastic emote back towards them. You could even add in your own custom responses!

...Don't know why, but this thread reminded me of it.
no? if i am killing a rare i want it down as fast as possible so theres no chance of anything going wrong. that way i can fly off and get to the next one.

i do not have to wait for someone who "might" be on the way.
Wow, not that I'm 100% agreeing with the OP, but I can't believe people are polar opposite inconsiderate either.

I've often wondered myself why people pop CDs and such to kill those mobs. I usually shoot it once and stop to allow other people to make it there. I don't think people should be required to do that, no, but I also thought maybe there were more people who did.

Sheesh.
Heh, compared with Hunt arguments over timing (FF14) this thread is reasonably tame and civilised :)
If anyone writes such an addon I ask you write another one that goes like this.....

Douchbag alert ~ "Ireportfornoreason" has reported this forum thread plus 154 others today for no reason.

To the morons making all these forum reports, I fart in your direction.

...Oozy...
Or instead of the addon, they just say, triple the "special" rares hp.

11/25/2015 01:46 PMPosted by Oozyadaddy
To the morons making all these forum reports, I fart in your direction

I sometimes feel for the CM who has to check all those reports.
11/25/2015 12:20 PMPosted by Lyceus
11/25/2015 11:50 AMPosted by Evilmuffin
I fly beforehand to the spot they spawn at, do a search in group finder, have it auto searching

How do you make it auto search? That's a feature I've never heard of before. Usually I am stuck manually clicking refresh over and over and over and over.

It's part of an addon that someone else clued me in on - Cross-Realm Assist... or something like that. I go afk all the time to do work, and the auto search is the only thing I even use that addon for.
11/25/2015 08:48 AMPosted by Lito
Not a while ago I was in tanaan and that special elite mob from the arakkoas spawned.. I was questing in south of hellfire citadel raid and took flight immediately after the announcement on the chat. My travel time was less then 1 minute I believe. When I arrived there, the mob was already dead.

I know this happens to lots of people. What I don't understand is why some people come in and drop all their dps cooldown in order to kill it as fast as possible, while there are 30 people already killing it. The mob will go down. Nobody will die. There's no need to drop all your artillery and your cooldowns. You're just being a douchebag.

I reminded the badpet addon, while some people consider it offensive I find it highly useful and helpful. I think the community need to create the: Douchebag addon.

This addon would track:
- the number of people that tagged the mob
- the time it took to die
and specially:
- the dps of each person. It would auto detect douchebagging and announce on the general chat something like this:

"Douchebag alert: Ipwnnubs did 45% dmg to (mob). Total damage: 405k. Number of people tags: 30. (Mob) lifespan: 20 seconds."

Isn't this a great idea?

Sounds like you need to grow up.
11/25/2015 02:01 PMPosted by Evilmuffin
11/25/2015 12:20 PMPosted by Lyceus

It's part of an addon that someone else clued me in on - Cross-Realm Assist... or something like that. I go afk all the time to do work, and the auto search is the only thing I even use that addon for.

Rarity also adds a checkmark to the group finder panel for "auto refresh"
It'll let you search hands-free every 5 seconds, and chimes at you once a group is found that matches your search string. It's what I use.
11/25/2015 09:05 AMPosted by Mongho
Easing off the DPS so others can tag isnt something people actively think about

Actually, I do. I used to do it back on Timeless Isle for the rares, and I do it now in Tanaan. And I agree with part of the OP's comments - I cannot see the purpose in using artillery on a rare - the only reason to use it is to kill it faster. When there are so many people attacking it, is it so terribly difficult to tag it, smack it a couple of times to make sure of your hit, then back off and...I dunno, buff your nails...to give others in the zone a chance to come in and hit it.

It's not hard, it doesn't take that much effort. To be, yknow, considerate.

This game does many great things, but it also allows people to become callous. And that's sad.