Beta Thread 4 - The Return

Story Forum
Prev 1 16 17 18 25 Next
People are saying the Hunter class hall looks like crap. I for one like it - it seems the ideal place for hunters of all races to hang out at - especially with the formation of the "Unseen Path" as the Hunter class order. High in the mountains, lots of nature all around, etc. Win-win situation.
12/08/2015 04:48 AMPosted by Quirnheim
People are saying the Hunter class hall looks like crap. I for one like it - it seems the ideal place for hunters of all races to hang out at - especially with the formation of the "Unseen Path" as the Hunter class order. High in the mountains, lots of nature all around, etc. Win-win situation.

I like it pretty well, to have just seen screenshots. Kinda reminds me of Grizzly Hills, which is where I had hoped the Hall would be.
I don't know why but my favorite thing about the Hunter hall is all the large meats on the dinner tables, makes me think they hunted some serious game.
R.I.P Peak of Serenity :'(

On the bright side, my class has is a giant turtle island. Yay!
So the Legion's setup in Tanaris is right outside the small bit of Uldum you go into for Tanaris questing. I wonder if there's a reason for that? Some eredar in Wetlands are cataloging relics at the dwarves' digsite, too.
Looks like they have some sort of corrupted mini-moonwells too.
Wonder if Arthas raised any lich babies in them
12/08/2015 03:28 AMPosted by Harmarth
Like I said, all I want is to be able to transmog 1h-swords into fist weapons. Then I'll be happy. Just peek at my current weapons, despite the armory's insistence on posing the offhand wrong.

My OCD is going off the rails.
I find the fact that there are some people complaining (Mainly on twitter) about the monk hall location being Pandaren heavy odd considering that the monk class has been themed around Pandaren and Pandaria since day one.

Even if you're playing a human monk for example you're still playing a Pandaren monk. The class itself is ingrained in the Pandaren culture, which is part of what makes the class so unique.
12/08/2015 04:48 AMPosted by Quirnheim

Well for Horde Hunters they are going from a snowy, rocky cliff base to a snowy, rocky mountain base...

Plus it's not tauren themed. Darn it Blizzard!

Aside from that I like it.

12/08/2015 07:50 AMPosted by Shiwu
I find the fact that there are some people complaining (Mainly on twitter) about the monk hall location being Pandaren heavy odd considering that the monk class has been themed around Pandaren and Pandaria since day one.

Even if you're playing a human monk for example you're still playing a Pandaren monk. The class itself is ingrained in the Pandaren culture, which is part of what makes the class so unique.

My issue with the whole thing is that to get the full pandaren lore, you pretty much have to play a monk.

Other pandaren classes don't get any real flavour.
12/08/2015 07:50 AMPosted by Shiwu

Also the main gripe of mine concerning the Pandaren, since the only real exposure they will get in the story from now is is mostly limited to the Monks. We had a whole expansion on monks, I want to see more of the other classes in Pandaren culture.

Edit: Not that I don't mind the Wandering Isle being the class hall, that is. I am pretty happy about that. I'd just prefer other Pandaren classes to step up to the spotlight of the race.
12/08/2015 07:54 AMPosted by Ximothy

My issue with the whole thing is that to get the full pandaren lore, you pretty much have to play a monk.

Other pandaren classes don't get any real flavour.
Meanwhile someone was raging at Blizz on twitter about monk stuff being panaeren again. He felt the monk hall should have been Human.
Meanwhile someone was raging at Blizz on twitter about monk stuff being panaeren again. He felt the monk hall should have been Human.

What?

Monk Hall had it be Pandaren theme, it's the identity of the entire class.

We're not playing as the same monks the Scarlet and Argent Crusade had back in Vanilla and Wrath.

Also, link?
Well Demon Invasion pictures are on MMOChamp.

Are the Dragonmaw joining the Legion?

http://media.mmo-champion.com/images/news/2015/december/invasionAlpha18.jpg

That or the player taking the photos is just messing with the orcs.

In other news:

http://media.mmo-champion.com/images/news/2015/december/invasionAlpha02.jpg

Wild Horses are in league with the Legion, striking out against their hated rival, the Vicious Black Bear.
They all look fel-corrupted to me, so maybe thats why. Especially considering there is a Dreadlord in their encampment.
"Hey, you orcs! You already joined the Legion once and almost got wiped out fighting in a bunch of wars - that's all water under the bridge, wanna join us again!"

"GROM KEK"

-How I imagine the Dragonmaw would join the Legion
Oh cool, the new bear model is a retroactive change. They need to do that more often.
12/08/2015 09:17 AMPosted by Reignac
Oh cool, the new bear model is a retroactive change. They need to do that more often.

I don't think they should, because some people like the old models more. I'm on the fence about the bear model, as I think it looks like its back is broken or something, whereas that wasn't exactly as noticeable on the original model.
12/08/2015 09:17 AMPosted by Reignac

What do you mean?
12/08/2015 09:06 AMPosted by Ximothy
Are the Dragonmaw joining the Legion?

The Orcs are fighting the Legion, but some are also being mind-controlled. Dragonspawn too.