Beta Thread 4 - The Return

Story Forum
Prev 1 17 18 19 25 Next
12/08/2015 09:20 AMPosted by Rendford
12/08/2015 09:17 AMPosted by Reignac
Oh cool, the new bear model is a retroactive change. They need to do that more often.

What do you mean?

http://media.mmo-champion.com/images/news/2015/december/invasionAlpha02.jpg

Check out the Vicious Black Bear, it's the new model. Usually new models only apply to new mobs, and old ones keep the old model. The only other example of a new model replacing all old ones (besides player races of course) is the Doomguard. I wish they did it with everything.
Dragonmaw are the worst. They have been affilated with nearly every major enemy we've faced.

Old Gods, True Horde, Iron Horde, Illidari, and possibly the Burning Legion.

Like, who would ever trust a Dragonmaw now?
I don't know how they determine the criteria for which models get applied to everything and which ones they only use going forward.

All the bears are using the new bear models, but most of the frogs in Azeroth still look like they came from the Atari Jaguar despite there being a perfectly good frog model used in Pandaria and Draenor.
12/08/2015 09:27 AMPosted by Ximothy
Dragonmaw are the worst. They have been affilated with nearly every major enemy we've faced.

Naga.
12/08/2015 09:33 AMPosted by Feraliona

Naga.

The rise of the sea-orcs is inevitable.
12/08/2015 09:34 AMPosted by Suvan

Oh good we can throw the Water Horde with the rest of the others.
12/08/2015 09:34 AMPosted by Suvan
12/08/2015 09:33 AMPosted by Feraliona

Naga.

I hear they like to throw baby seals fifty feet in the air and hit them with clubs on the way down.

They're not affiliated with the Legion here.
12/08/2015 09:36 AMPosted by Feraliona
I hear they like to throw baby seals fifty feet in the air and hit them with clubs on the way down.

Then they tell you how nuanced they are and or not responsible and those baby seals are a legitimate target and instantly in lol lore ways claim redemption.

Yep, Blizzard writing at its finest, the Water Horde is just not going to cut it though it needs something a bit more Lok'Tar...

All jokes aside - there any more information on the Naga are they allied with the Illidari or still tied more to the legion?
12/08/2015 10:26 AMPosted by Dalius
All jokes aside - there any more information on the Naga are they allied with the Illidari or still tied more to the legion?

Well, there's a Naga in the class hall (she appears during the Demon Hunter intro quests) so some are obviously still allied with Illidan, but I don't think we've really seen what Azshara's armies think yet.
New Beta patch today.

I'm watching Bajheera's stream but he won't hold still to view NPC/quest text.

Sky Admiral Rogers opens up the Stormheim intro, and mentions that a Forsaken fleet left Durotar to head for the Broken Isles.

Can anyone find a streamer viewing the Horde-side of Stormheim?
..Durotar? That's a little weird.

Well, no, not really. Orgrimmar is probably where the ammunition for warships is manufactured, but I dunno if Blizzard would think of it like that.
12/08/2015 03:23 PMPosted by Neutralwalu
..Durotar? That's a little weird.Well, no, not really. Orgrimmar is probably where the ammunition for warships is manufactured, but I dunno if Blizzard would think of it like that

If Sylvanas is the war chief would she not rule from Ogrimar? A good portion of her army and support now lies in Kalimdor....I would just assumed she is sitting in there chilling on the throne with new blue skin boots on.
So what's Sylvanas doing in Helheim? Die she "die" again?
It's funny cuz she killed Voljin
(Voljins gonna be a gel raid boss)
12/08/2015 03:28 PMPosted by Dalius
If Sylvanas is the war chief would she not rule from Ogrimar?

Personally, I was having hope that Sylvanas was a self-proclaimed "Warchief" and the other races were sending her aid via the PC but acting on their own behalf and handling their own matters.
12/08/2015 03:32 PMPosted by Meldaea

She's looking for titan artifacts to helper her cheat death indefinitely.
12/08/2015 03:20 PMPosted by Yagarr
Sky Admiral Rogers opens up the Stormheim intro, and mentions that a Forsaken fleet left Durotar to head for the Broken Isles.

Is Alliance-side up? Do you have a link?
12/08/2015 03:23 PMPosted by Neutralwalu
..Durotar? That's a little weird.

Well, no, not really. Orgrimmar is probably where the ammunition for warships is manufactured, but I dunno if Blizzard would think of it like that.

It's pretty much the only docks (Bladefist Bay) the Horde really have from a in-game point of view, easier to use that then make a new docks in Tirisfal.

12/08/2015 03:32 PMPosted by Meldaea

Not sure, but looks like she's standing in front of Helya who is a fallen val'kyr queen so it's going to be interesting.
12/08/2015 03:44 PMPosted by Elesseth
12/08/2015 03:20 PMPosted by Yagarr

Is Alliance-side up? Do you have a link?

http://www.twitch.tv/bajheera/v/28949779

But he isn't trying to show the story, just the gameplay.