Current LFR Situation Is Good For Nobody.

General Discussion
Prev 1 9 10 11 12 Next
OP i agree, i got a garrison mission for HFC LFR gear last night now im 46 gold richer since vendoring it. while Holinka could of done a better job, still enjoying ashram more than LFR.
12/26/2015 09:53 AMPosted by Petersen
12/22/2015 12:23 AMPosted by Lòst
In MOP we had tier gear and good stuff dropping in LFR and people complained about being forced into it.

Such a stupid, stupid complaint from special snow flakes who think they're the only ones that matter and should be the only ones to get shinies.

No one complained about 'having' to do normal. No one complained about 'having' to do flex (even though flex always felt [since I never bothered examining the differences] easier than LFR). No one complained about tier and trinkets dropping in flex.

LFR was awesome in MoP. I actually played some of my alts and had fun. I could get the tier bonuses and neat trinkets on them. I've all but abandoned my alts in WoD. Heck, I haven't even bothered leveling half of them because why? Load up on Baleful gear to not be able to get into all the Normal raids that want you at >710 to do content that drops at the pinnacle 705? Nuts to that noise.

EDIT: And the solution is a lot simpler than "make LFR worthless". Shared look-lockouts (you know, those things taken out because people cried about not being able to do multiple runs for gear on the same character) would fix the complaint of "real" raiders being "forced" into LFR.

The mentality of claiming that to be a good raider requires doing every possible thing you can to min max and then whining when given more options to min max makes my mind boggle...

Keep in mind they also complain that they were required to do LFR to complete the content yet magically now that they can't they are still completing the content....
12/26/2015 09:53 AMPosted by Petersen
LFR was awesome in MoP. I actually played some of my alts and had fun. I could get the tier bonuses and neat trinkets on them. I've all but abandoned my alts in WoD.
same, only thing was that i no alts and i didn't go for whole sets, MoP was rewarding enough on one character that i really didn't think i would need alts now i got 3 alts left till i move onto another server and i can start the process all over again
When LFR was introduced in Cata, I ignored all the naysayers saying raiding will be ruined. I looked at it not from a gear standpoint but from a raid familiarization view. That way when I did start doing Normal raids (pugs) I wasn't lost. It was starting to look like a good system for awhile till the complaints came rolling in on the Garalon encounter. That's when they started detuning the fights so bad LFR didn't even resemble Normal difficulty thus using LFR for learning the encounters became pointless.

I see the biggest problem why most LFR groups couldn't handle basic encounter mechanics is ZERO communication other than chat channel harassment. LFR has trained people not to cooperate and just tunnel fights into a personal style encounter. One wipe and raid disintegrates. Instead of wiping over and over again and then getting over the hump taking three or four hours on one boss fight (which is a lot less time than most Heroic guilds take to move on).

What I had hoped to be a good introductory tool for current content raid familiarization has become something else altogether and the jump from LFR to Normal
is greater than ever.

I don't know how battleground PvP is but without communication I don't see how
PvP matches aren't reduced to unorganized mayhem. Doing Silvershard mines for the legendary cloak quest (at least on Alliance side) was like a root canal.

I believe the root of the problem starts when dungeons get nerfed to accommodate
LFD success and the player base just wants to get to end-game at mach speed. So skills aren't learned while leveling, then BOOM, you are 100 and don't know your character ( leveled 7 alts in Mists to 90 without dying once in any dungeon). So LFR is a natural outcome of the short attention span player-base. That and the constant
overhauling of classes between ex-pacs and the learning curve gets steeper (my hunters don't even resemble what they were).

LFR is the result of devs. bending to the customers habits. (It's the smart phone
phenomena. Short attn. spans.). Yep, you folks are right, the LFR gear cant get you into a Normal PuG.
12/26/2015 11:26 AMPosted by Rhysiaana
It was starting to look like a good system for awhile till the complaints came rolling in on the Garalon encounter. That's when they started detuning the fights so bad LFR didn't even resemble Normal difficulty thus using LFR for learning the encounters became pointless.

I see the biggest problem why most LFR groups couldn't handle basic encounter mechanics is ZERO communication other than chat channel harassment.

Garalon had *NOTHING* to do with communication. It was trolls being trolls. Giant purple circle on the ground isn't hard to see. People say over and over and over and over again "don't go into the big purple circle".
I see a lot of sweeping generalizations here and of course everyone's experience is different, but I did a LOT of LFR in MoP on six characters and it just wasn't as bad as everyone makes it out to be. People did actually enjoy it, people did actually learn from it, and it was indeed a form of end game for a lot of people who cannot or will not commit to traditional raiding.

When flex was introduced at the end of MoP it was enormously successful and much better than the overall LFR experience. The worst mistake they made was renaming it "Normal" and removing the ability to queue for wings. Had they not done either of those things, I do believe that Flex would have completely phased out LFR as people made the small amount of effort it took to jump from one to the other just as they did in MoP. LFR could have died a natural death as players made their own choice to move up one level of difficulty.

Instead, they removed any and all challenge from LFR and filled it with complete garbage loot. They made flex slightly more difficult and removed the ability to do a wing at a time, making it immediately less pug friendly. They took the once chance to give LFR a painless death and pooped all over it.
12/26/2015 11:26 AMPosted by Rhysiaana
When LFR was introduced in Cata, I ignored all the naysayers saying raiding will be ruined. I looked at it not from a gear standpoint but from a raid familiarization view. That way when I did start doing Normal raids (pugs) I wasn't lost. It was starting to look like a good system for awhile till the complaints came rolling in on the Garalon encounter. That's when they started detuning the fights so bad LFR didn't even resemble Normal difficulty thus using LFR for learning the encounters became pointless.

LFR was never intended to increase participation in normal+ raiding, it was designed for people who otherwise wouldn't be doing the content at all. That some people were able to use it to aid their moving into normal+ and that some people already raiding normal+ were able to use it to their advantage was an added bonus.

Now it serves none of those purposes, people run it exactly enough times to get their legendary done then drop it. It doesn't provide end game content for people not doing normal+, it doesn't help people advance to normal+ and raiders can't use it to supplement bad RNG. In short the nerfs benefited almost noone other than a few people upset about non 1337 people seeing end game bosses.
12/26/2015 11:59 AMPosted by Ziryus
In short the nerfs benefited almost noone other than a few people upset about non 1337 people seeing end game bosses.
LFR killed pug runs in a bad way. Now all you do is que and afk. It's no wonder they removed tier gear from it I mean cmon its face roll dudes, It's literally just there so you can see the content.
12/26/2015 11:31 AMPosted by Petersen
Garalon had *NOTHING* to do with communication. It was trolls being trolls. Giant purple circle on the ground isn't hard to see. People say over and over and over and over again "don't go into the big purple circle".

It was nothing to do with trolling at least not solely, its the whole "its lfr it doesn't matter" attitude along with players who don't pay any attention at all and probably don't even read raid chat, more ignorance then anything else.
ITT: people who don't want to do the effort required to get the top/better rewards want the top/better rewards anyway.

Guess what? There's a top level. Everybody at the bottom wants to be at the top. That notion has been in the game since day one and what it looks like has evolved over the years (whether it's content that 'isn't accessible' or item level), but it boils down to, everybody wants to be at the top and a very small amount of people actually put in the effort required to get to the top.

Everyone else just complains that their personal amount of effort they put in to the game doesn't get them to the top.
Go back to MoP LFR model, imo. I think I stepped into LFR twice this expansion? It was stupid, just absolutely stupid and terrible in every way.

I wouldn't mind if they scrapped LFR entirely and made us all use the group finder, or if they brought back MoP style LFR (I never tried it in Cata so I have no opinion on that), literally anything would be better than what we have now.
12/26/2015 07:55 PMPosted by Rhearn
TT: people who don't want to do the effort required to get the top/better rewards want the top/better rewards anyway.

LFR never rewarded the top rewards.
12/26/2015 08:03 PMPosted by Ziryus
12/26/2015 07:55 PMPosted by Rhearn
TT: people who don't want to do the effort required to get the top/better rewards want the top/better rewards anyway.

LFR never rewarded the top rewards.

i agree. i didn't ever say they did.
Currently, they don't seem to be planning to put tier gear into LFR and I would be surprised if they changed that. Most tier 19 sets only have enough versions to cover normal, heroic, mythic, honour, conquest and elite. I think they want to keep LFR as a tourist mode that is just to see the raids and shift casual players who want end game gear progression into the new challenge mode dungeons instead.

Not sure how that will work out. If I didn't do organised raiding, I would probably enjoy doing challenge mode dungeons more than LFR. LFR isn't very enjoyable content in general in my opinion, I wouldn't really want it to be the main focus of my end-game progression.That said, it certainly seems that a large amount of players don't want to do any content where they have to meet any kind of criteria set by other players or have to communicate with other players, they only want to use random queue. They basically want to play the MMORPG as a single player RPG.
12/26/2015 11:59 AMPosted by Xaleria
I see a lot of sweeping generalizations here and of course everyone's experience is different, but I did a LOT of LFR in MoP on six characters and it just wasn't as bad as everyone makes it out to be. People did actually enjoy it, people did actually learn from it, and it was indeed a form of end game for a lot of people who cannot or will not commit to traditional raiding.

When flex was introduced at the end of MoP it was enormously successful and much better than the overall LFR experience. The worst mistake they made was renaming it "Normal" and removing the ability to queue for wings. Had they not done either of those things, I do believe that Flex would have completely phased out LFR as people made the small amount of effort it took to jump from one to the other just as they did in MoP. LFR could have died a natural death as players made their own choice to move up one level of difficulty.

Instead, they removed any and all challenge from LFR and filled it with complete garbage loot. They made flex slightly more difficult and removed the ability to do a wing at a time, making it immediately less pug friendly. They took the once chance to give LFR a painless death and pooped all over it.

This exactly.

If Blizzard would have done this, I might have actually stepped up to "Flex". Instead, the only time I run LFR now is the rare occasions where DPS have a satchel up. TBH, having these huge raids divided into wings was part of the appeal of both LFR and Flex, you can take on the raid in small bite sized chunks at your free will rather than going in, maybe seeing 2-4 bosses in the time you may have, then having to try and find a run that is at the boss you left off at, and is willing to take you.

12/26/2015 07:37 PMPosted by Kriens
LFR killed pug runs in a bad way. Now all you do is que and afk. It's no wonder they removed tier gear from it I mean cmon its face roll dudes, It's literally just there so you can see the content.

I will say in response to this, no, Blizzard merging 10 and 25 man lockouts did more to kill PuG raiding than LFR did. PuGs used to form all the time in Wrath when 10 and 25 man were on separate lockouts because raiders were always trying to maximize gearing so they would run whichever version they didn't run with their guild team. With Cata, and the shared lockout between 10 and 25 man, there was no reason for them to PuG since there was no loot to be had after they were locked with their guild.
Its pretty good for my shammy :)

She's spent about 6 years in exile. Then leveled 80-100 almost exclusively as elemental. But shes no elemental shammy. I cant play ranged to save my life, and continually embarrass myself in 5 mans with my 20k dps.

Fortunately LFR exists! And this means i can get back to healing in a non-pressure, low consequence environment that i might one day bring her back into 5 man mythics and the like. So yeah, kinda helps add one more healer to the pool of potential healbots out there and gives me very much needed refreshers on how to play as anything other than a rogue. :)
My current experience with LFR in WOD

"Gotta run HM for Stones". got that done in 2 weeks between catchup quest in Tanaan, drops in LFR, and Garrison Missions. Haven't been back since

"Gotta run BRF for Runes". Did that in 3 weeks between catchup quest, LFR, and Garrison. Haven't been back since

"Gotta run HFC for Tomes". 2 weeks in, 15/33. Got my ring on my Shaman, haven't been back since on her, working on my Hunter now.

Between M Dungeons and PVP, you get better gear than LFR. Baleful gear is MORE than enough to get you into Mythics, and in PVP all gear scales to 700 mnimum. If it wasn't for the fact I need LFR for Valor and easy Legendary progress, I would NEVER run it. There's no reason to whatsoever.
I liked MOP LFR, I once wrote a post about how it helped me get back into raiding when I came back to the game in MOP and that I don't think the current LFR would do that. I have made so many posts that idk how to find it, or I would link.
I liked it, after a long break from the game, I was able to re learn the mechanics of my class and the mechanics of the raid, on a very forgiving enviroment, eventually, I grew tired of it and I was ready for a more challenging mode, so I jumped to normal mode, and I was even able to do some fights on heroic mode