Opinions on the Class Titles (Spoilers)

General Discussion
Prev 1 3 4 5 7 Next
12/06/2015 02:34 AMPosted by Joynal
*looks at character picture
Cardinal?
*starts laughing uncontrollably
*becomes semi-aware of the family frantically calling 911 for help

It's just going to be a set of wasted titles I'll never use because they represent Blizzard's latest efforts to "god mod" and micromanage the player character instead of letting the player make their own choices over their character's development.

Er, I'm in agreement that some of the titles aren't great, but this is a bit of an overreaction, don't you think? "God modding" can't really apply to Blizzard; they make the game and since it's a themepark game, directing our storyline is kind of the point. And it's not like you ever have to use the title you're given.
Why can't we get culturally proficient titles? Most of the ones that you listed either sound terrible or don't remind me of the class at all... Arch Druid is the only one I like.

If you're a Draenei Paladin, you should be able to get the Vindicator title. If you're a Night Elven Priest, you should be able to get {name}, Priest(ess) of the Moon.
12/05/2015 09:16 PMPosted by Aenistris
The PC becomes the Highlord of the Knights of the Silver Hand.

Ewwwwwwww... but my Blood Knight isn't even part of the Silver Hand; he wouldn't join that thing.

And my Draenei Paladin is a Vindicator... why the hell would he join the silver hand? He would never.
12/06/2015 05:37 AMPosted by Sevaryn
Why can't we get culturally proficient titles? Most of the ones that you listed either sound terrible or don't remind me of the class at all... Arch Druid is the only one I like.

If you're a Draenei Paladin, you should be able to get the Vindicator title. If you're a Night Elven Priest, you should be able to get {name}, Priest(ess) of the Moon.
Because we aren't getting a title for being a member of the order we're in.

We're getting a title based on the organisation we are stepping into and "leading".

Which sucks, because Highlord sucks for any non-Human/Dwarf.

I maintain that Lightbringer or <name> the Lightbringer is far more suitable for Paladins.
"Overlord"

!@#$ing hell, I want this right now. I will never wear another title in my life.
Also, a lot of these titles are generic enough that they should be obtainable by every class...

I maintain that Lightbringer or <name> the Lightbringer is far more suitable for Paladins.

Honestly, my biggest problem with most of the titles is that they're not cool enough. My paladin's title is "Kaleron the Light of Dawn." Why would I change that for "Highlord Kaleron." They should AT LEAST make it into "Kaleron, Highlord of the Silver Hand."

Highlord refers to nothing... what am I the highlord of?
Warlock: Overlord <Name>

I am highly okay with this.
12/06/2015 05:47 AMPosted by Killercaitie

Yeah, but it sounds like every class should get that. At least to me, "Overlord" sounds more of a warrior title.

Damn, Blizzard should hire me to write their titles... here are some I'd add:

X of the Screaming Abyss
Vindicator X
Exarch X
Soulpriest X
Blood Lord X
Warp-Scryer X
Archmage X
X of the Silver Hand
X Highlord of the Silver Hand
X the Juggernaut
X, Bulwark of Azeroth
X, Hand of Khaz
Tracker X
Ranger X
X, the Ranger General
Ranger General X
X of the Shadows
X the Cut-Purse
X the Swashbuckler
X Priest(ess) of the Moon
X Priest(ess) of the Sun
Flame Druid X
X, Death's Embrace
X, Fury of the Elements
X of the Elements
Stonebinder X
X, the Stonebinder
Dreamweaver X
X, the Dreamweaver
Arcanist X
Blood Mage X
X of the Illidari
X the Corrupt

There's also a TON of other titles which NPCs use in-game that you can easily give to us... and making certain titles, such as "The Butcher" or "Death Stalker" available to ALL races would be sweet (these are from gladiator's sanctum).
12/06/2015 05:44 AMPosted by Sevaryn
Honestly, my biggest problem with most of the titles is that they're not cool enough. My paladin's title is "Kaleron the Light of Dawn." Why would I change that for "Highlord Kaleron." They should AT LEAST make it into "Kaleron, Highlord of the Silver Hand."

Highlord refers to nothing... what am I the highlord of?
Highlord is just a generic military rank for Aerothian human-led military factions.

Highlord Tirion Fordring
Highlord Darion Mograine
Highlord Garithos
Highlord Alexandros Mograine

Other races use it too, but it's predominately Human.

Which is precisely why it shouldn't be a generic title for Paladins.

As an example, Blood Knights answer to a Matriarch (Lady Liadrin).
Why would we suddenly be all "yo I'm taking charge of the Silver Hand"?
We have zero affiliation to it, and honestly, they probably still are wary of Blood Knights since our power was originally stolen from a Naaru.

*shrug*
Mage NEEDS to be Archmage <Name>

Rogue needs to be ANYTHING better than Shadow <Name>.

How about Master Assassin <Name> for Rogue.
12/06/2015 05:48 AMPosted by Sevaryn
12/06/2015 05:47 AMPosted by Killercaitie

Yeah, but it sounds like every class should get that. At least to me, "Overlord" sounds more of a warrior title.

I for one welcome myself as your new Overlord.
Warrior could be Einherjar <Name>. Would fit with the references (Odin, Valhala, Valkyries...).
Why can't I be an Archmage?
Ranger, tbh.
as a hunter, i dislike the title "Pathfinder" as the hunter only one, while i dont mind the title itself, just the fact that thats the one hunters get from the class hall is what bugs me about it when we could of gotten Ranger or Ranger General/lord (we already have both members of the farstriders and silver covanent who serve a ranger general and we have dark rangers who serve a former ranger general, and those all call us commander/lord now).

also Pathfinder works decent for survival as they come off as more of a tracker, but as a MM hunter, im not a finder of paths. im the one they call in to get the job done from a long distance without having to step foot on the battle if i dont have to.
12/06/2015 02:20 AMPosted by Shuiqi
No shaman title? Though if it's anything like the way blizzard has treated shamans since vanilla it will be underwhelming.

At the moment, shamans aren't playable.
12/06/2015 04:44 AMPosted by Ashley
Only the Human and Dwarf Paladins are members of the Knights of the Silver Hand.

The elves of Quel'Thalas were one of the original members of the Knights of the Silver Hand. In fact, Mehlar Dawnblade was Uther the Lightbringer's apprentice.

12/06/2015 05:11 AMPosted by Zenthara
Archmage is a very, very choosey one as it's someone who's very, very good at magic and has worked countless hours/research to be the powerful magus they are.

The playable character is considered to be one of the top mages on the planet; hence, given the circumstances, the title of Archmage is more than appropriate.
Captain, crusader, professor and farmer are all the titles I need.

Master of the ways is good too.
Deathlord Necroscourge is pretty catchy, but not as catchy as Necroscourge, Champion of the Frozen Wastes. Matches my guild name.
Skylord is odd...
I guess it kinda fits because of the Valhalla thing, but it still doesn't really scream "Warrior".