What is the worst ritual in WoW?

Story Forum
Didn't know anything about Thaddius' creation before making this thread. Now I get to feel super uncomfortable next time I run Naxxramas. Fun times. :D
12/02/2015 01:00 PMPosted by Tranquilis
Didn't know anything about Thaddius' creation before making this thread. Now I get to feel super uncomfortable next time I run Naxxramas. Fun times. :D

All those screams and people shouting "Help me! Save me!" that you hear in Naxxramas are the screams of the women and children stuck in Thaddeus.
12/02/2015 01:04 PMPosted by Outnumbered
12/02/2015 01:00 PMPosted by Tranquilis

All those screams and people shouting "Help me! Save me!" that you hear in Naxxramas are the screams of the women and children stuck in Thaddeus.

Wow, somehow it's even worse now! :D
Yup, the Scourge are quite horrific when you sit back and actually consider all the stuff they've done
Rituals to Hakkar and Gul'dan opening the dark portal
Being bound to Frostmourne
12/02/2015 11:30 AMPosted by Vesiana
I didn't say it wasn't a good act. Only that they were alive, killed, and their flesh sacrificed.

Alright, good answer.

12/02/2015 11:11 AMPosted by Kellick
I was mostly trying to stick with rituals performed by members of playable races

In that case, it's got to be something to do with the Forsaken. Sylvanas sanctions some terrible experiments. I guess that also depends on what you call a ritual.
12/02/2015 02:13 PMPosted by Shadowrath
12/02/2015 11:11 AMPosted by Kellick
I was mostly trying to stick with rituals performed by members of playable races

In that case, it's got to be something to do with the Forsaken. Sylvanas sanctions some terrible experiments. I guess that also depends on what you call a ritual.
By this token, I nominate the one time that a Death Knight of the Ebon Blade in the Icecrown Glacier zone literally tears apart a guy's soul to prevent him from ever being raised again.

...That's one Scarlet Crusader who is deader than dead. With extreme prejudice.
The creation of Death Knights.

It goes beyond simply raising undead. It takes a person and turns them into a weapon that literally can't handle not inflicting pain, and leaves them just enough free will to feel responsible for their actions.
12/02/2015 02:13 PMPosted by Shadowrath

I was mostly sticking to the more traditional definition of ritual/ritualistic. I'm honestly not sure that the Forsaken really have any rituals to speak of.
12/02/2015 09:51 AMPosted by Tranquilis
My personal one is the Bleeding Hollow's ritual, the removal of an eye for a vision of your own death, real talk for a second, I am absolutely piss scared of dying, knowing exactly when I would die would be horrifying for me, not to mention having to remove my own eye for it.

To my knowledge, only the chieftain removes his eye, and by doing so, attempts to guide the clan towards his vision. Anyways, there are too many rituals to mention, but the Scourge, orc clans, and demon hunter rituals top the cake for sadism (the Lightning's Blade clan had a weird ritual in which they had to be struck by lightning on three separate occasions before gaining admission into the clan).