Working on the Human racial

Arenas
Prev 1 2 3 4 26 Next
The change sounds like a step in the right direction, although combined with the PVP trinket talent it may make humans particularly difficult opponents for stun-reliant classes. Personally I am still in favor of simply removing racials from all rated PVP.

Only time and hands on testing will show if it works out well and is balanced in practice. I look forward to seeing the feedback from alpha/beta testing for this. Thanks for the heads up Kaivax, news and updates like this from Blizzard are very welcome and I would really love to see more of it in here in Arena and in Battlegrounds.
12/08/2015 04:03 PMPosted by Omegal
Seems like a PVE raid nerf to what made humans still pretty viable in some fights. I'll still stay human though because I refuse to min max racials over just playing the faction I enjoy. I'll miss having a button that's a "get out of boss mechanic free" though.

Unless it's remaining the same for PVE still?

warms my heart to see one of blizzards brown nosing mvps buried
Seems reasonable - yes, still stronger than the horde equivalent (WotF) BUT perhaps more balanced! Even better...just remove rrace bonuses in PvP (at least in competitive PvP)
12/08/2015 04:01 PMPosted by Monkmaxi
YES!!!!!!!!!!!!!!!!!!!!!!!!!!!!!!!!!!!!!!!!!!

You'll be able to win random battlegrounds now because every alliance won't have an OP racial XD!!@@!!@~~!!!11111
Stuns are way too powerful and common. With it being compared to wotf it needs to share a longer cd with the pvp trinket and be a higher cd for the fact that its a lot more powerful or break something else.
Hmmm actually seems pretty good since now you get a stun break and then the cc break from the trinket. Unfortunately now the second dps trinket will need a buff because no one will be using it.

Seems like a PVE raid nerf to what made humans still pretty viable in some fights. I'll still stay human though because I refuse to min max racials over just playing the faction I enjoy. I'll miss having a button that's a "get out of boss mechanic free" though.

You're not serious, are you?
Still too strong.

You might want to stop sniffing canned air bud
Eldacar arena forum MVP

I want to see him in a deathmatch against Omegal

Loser quits posting for good

tbh Eladacar is the only mvp ive seen that is a not complete ignorant suckup that doesn't love being fed then regurgitating out blizzard's diarrhea
The overall number of stuns make this still a VERY strong option, with the added benefit of it working on a CC that you can continue to be attacked during. This allows humans to safely take another talent other than the CC breaking PvP talent, which is pretty absurd!

However I also think that Will of the Forsaken could use a replacement as well, both of these are unhealthy for the game as a whole in my opinion. Major racials like these shouldn't be designed around being used in PvP only. It creates problems like we currently have where 50-75% of the PvP ladder is one race.
12/08/2015 03:57 PMPosted by Kaivax
In the next version of the Legion Alpha, we’re adjusting the Human racial ‘Every Man for Himself’ to only remove stun effects. The racial will share a 30 second cooldown with other similar effects.

Due to the changes to PvP gear and the introduction of PvP talents in Legion, the Warlords of Draenor implementation of Every Man For Himself no longer makes sense. So instead, we’re trying out an implementation that functions similar to Will of the Forsaken. It will only break Stun effects, but won’t trigger the full 2-minute cooldown on your Gladiator’s Medallion ability (which is the Legion version of the current Medallion trinkets).

As always, this change isn’t final, and we’re looking for feedback from testers once they’ve had some time with it. Please feel free to share your initial thoughts on this here, and for Alpha testers, take your feedback to the [url="http://us.battle.net/wow/en/forum/21882800/"]Alpha general discussion forum[/url].

You guys should have made something interesting and new. There are limitless options.

This is lazy. GL pumping out new, depthless games as fast as profitable.
Can we just remove racials form competitive gameplay altogether? I'd rather play what I like, than play what gives me .2% more DPS or some unbeatable QOL ability. You're already removing buffs... may as well right?
I personally think Will of the forsaken and every man for themselves should just be removed entirely and changed.
I think everyone forgets that the PvP talent medallion that is the trinket is also a choice. You don't have to select that PvP talent.

You can choose the Talent Relentless Instead of the Medallion
All CC is reduced by 25%

Coupled with the Stun break from EMFH.

Which could be a nice option.

PS- Buff Draenei
Why is it outside the realm of possibility of simply making the Undead and Human racial mirrors of eachother. What can the opposing faction possibly complain about if they have the same "OP" racial within both factions?
Crazy thought, remove racials from pvp? Problem Solved!
Just remove it and give humans a real PvE racial.
12/08/2015 04:34 PMPosted by Nathian
You're not serious, are you?

I am guessing Omegal just didn't look at what forum this was posted in. He is a good guy and helps a lot of people in tech support. Everyone cares about different parts of the game and that's fine. We shoulden't hate on PVE'ers for caring about raiding anymore than they should hate on us for caring about Arenas and BG's.

That being said this clearly isnt the place to talk about how anything is going to impact PVE, particularly given that preserving PVE balance has caused problems in PVP for since launch. I personally don't really care if fixing this has a minor impact on raiding, it needs to be fixed so the 3v3 ladder isnt 80% human in Legion.