In-Game Pet: Brightpaw

Customer Support
Is there any chance you'll change the policy to allow people with deactivated accounts donate the 10 bucks to make a wish-a-wish for Brightpaw? I'm planning on coming back - just not right now and it would be nice to have this guy just waiting in the mailbox until that time.
Well, there is always the option of talking to Billing. Sometimes they are willing to grant a day or two of free access to let players access mail or inventory. It is never a promise, but it does not hurt to ask!
I could be wrong, and maybe we'll get lucky with a blue post, but I don't think that the mail gets delivered until the first time that you log into the character that purchased the pet. And with this particular pet, it's delivered right to the buyer's bags if I'm not mistaken. So technically, it should work fine even on a starter account.
12/06/2015 06:47 PMPosted by Mica
Is there any chance you'll change the policy to allow people with deactivated accounts donate the 10 bucks to make a wish-a-wish for Brightpaw? I'm planning on coming back - just not right now and it would be nice to have this guy just waiting in the mailbox until that time.

Update - Editing original text just in case the original is quoted but not the follow up I want to make sure there isn't any confusion....

You should be able to, Mica. The pet can be purchased through the in-game shop interface but it should still be available on the website.

You can select one of two options. Only an active account can select the "Buy" option, which will apply the pet license directly to the account.

If you opt for the "Gift" option you'll be able to email a code to whomever you want to send the gift to, including yourself, just hang onto that code and enter it on the Account Management page whenever you want to. You can also check your order history for the purchase and the code will be displayed there.

~~~~~~~~~*~~~~~~~~~*~~~~~~~~~*~~~~~~~~~*~~~~~~~~~

How's my driving? Click me.
Vrakthris,

Thanks for the gift buying suggestion. I wasn't able to buy the pet and outright link it to one of my licenses still as the website says "World of Warcraft subscription required". Although the gifting option worked like a charm. I'll see this guy in a few months.
12/14/2015 03:20 PMPosted by Mica
Vrakthris,

Thanks for the gift buying suggestion. I wasn't able to buy the pet and outright link it to one of my licenses still as the website says "World of Warcraft subscription required". Although the gifting option worked like a charm. I'll see this guy in a few months.

Thanks for bumping this, Mica, it allows me to update the information I originally posted. :)

It seems that because the system applies the license to the account directly at the time of purchase it doesn't currently allow you to purchase it without an active license.

I'm glad that gifting is working for that though. Good luck!