A tale of Darmands

Pet Battles
This morning as I got ready to do my daily Garrison duties I walked out to the menagerie after setting up follower missions and I heard a thunderous bellowing of "The Merging is Complete!"

http://imgur.com/ko1u8ci

I paused, terrified, I slowly peaked around the corner of my Town Hall. There was a very unusual creature attacking the pets unlike anything I had ever seen before. There was a greenish fel coloring to it with some blue mist surrounding it. There were three beams of energy coming from the pets and pulled towards the odd being. I tip toed down the steps and rounded up some guards from the barracks and approached the creature to inquire about it's activities. It appeared as if it was draining the life from Squirt's pets.

As we marched back up the steps and towards the menagerie the being turned to face us. "Hi Sun!" the creature exclaimed. "You know me" I asked.

"Of course. Its me, Darmand!" it replied.
"Darmand!? You don't look anything like Darmand. And what were you doing to Squirt's pet team. She is crying. Look. They all look nearly dead and are glowing green like you."

"I just needed a little energy to start the day. I ran out of coffee. So I siphoned some life from them. I am a warlock y'know. They'll be fine in a few minutes. Lio can tend to them after she is done bandaging a broken dragon leg. There must have been a glitch in the garrison server after that rolling restart. I thought I was in my garrison. Sorry Sun!" Darmand assured me.

"If you are Darmand", I challenged ,"Why do you look like this? I have never seen you post with this alt before How do I know this is really you?"

"Sun! I am no Darmand alt. I am THE Darmand. This is my true form when I am at the pinnacle of all my knowledge and power regarding battle pets. I apologize if I startled you like this." Darmand replied.

Unconvinced, I peered down at the odd being claiming to be Darmand and pressed for an explanation. "What do you mean 'true form'?" I leaned back and waited for the explanation.

"You of course, have noticed, I post on many different version of myself. Correct?"
I nodded.
"Being a warlock who enjoys pet battles, I can siphon power from battle pets and using a demonic form of arcane magic I can create a permanent version of myself not unlike a mage who utilizes Mirror Image. So all those different alts are all actually clones of myself. When I wish to harness all my vast power and knowledge at once I call upon them all to merge with my original self and put it to use in battle pet form to become the ultimate battle pet."

All that power and knowledge each clone has gained about battle pets then flows into my mind and soul and I appear as this form. This is my true appearance. My final form. I am the Ultra Darmand if you will, but my name in this form is Zeradarmand. And like this I can one shot any team I come up against, including triple Graves teams! I even solo the celestial tournament like this, Sun! I can use any and all pet battle abilities I wish at any time and have no cool downs on any of them. I can even use all of them at once for an overkill!
If you want, I can teach you how to do this as well. I am already teaching Eve, Vixie, Kalyn, Zunde, Reno, Disco and Velys. "

I reeled with this newfound information about my pet battling friend. It certainly explained a lot. Especially how he was unbeatable in every match and seemed to overcome impossible odds when letting others pick his teams for him.

"I would really love to learn how to do that Zeradarmand. When can I start?"

"Right after you promise not to tell Zepp about any of this. Its top secret. I have peered into the future of pet battles and foresaw an endless army of buffed giant Peddlefeets marching in every city and every quest hub in every zone, all chanting 'Buff Peddlefeet!' If Zepp learned of this ability, there would be no stopping his madness, Sun. He can never know!"
I'm always left out!!!

Dear Diary,
Still hate Darmand.
Love, Zepp.

PS. I am quite pleased that this has appeared. The Pet Battle Story Forum needs more stories! This has made my Monday morning 100% better.
11/30/2015 07:18 AMPosted by Zepp
I'm always left out!!!

Dear Diary,
Still hate Darmand.
Love, Zepp.

PS. I am quite pleased that this has appeared. The Pet Battle Story Forum needs more stories! This has made my Monday morning 100% better.

Come play in my Garrison then Zepp. It's nice and homey. I even got a portal to Nagrand and Gorgond for fast travel. I even finally got around to building a third small building.
11/30/2015 07:31 AMPosted by Teaghan
I even finally got around to building a third small building.

I cannot tell you how much I can relate to that statement. I just finished up my 12th Level 100 and I think maybe 2 of them have a 2nd or 3rd small building...
Wow. I mean WOW! Far and away the best story as of yet.

While lots of folks (almost all) will say the subject matter made for easy prose, I think the real credit must begin with the writer.

11/30/2015 07:05 AMPosted by Sunborne
Zeradarmand

Sun? Gotta thank you. I was wondering what I was going to name my Demon Hunter.

Dear Diary,
Still hate Darmand.
Love, Zepp.

That made me LOL IRL. RRL (Really really loud) My minions were frightened.

This has made my Monday morning 100% better.

Amen. I was having a beast of a day until I saw this. :)
*looks confused*

I don't understand.....Is Zeradarmand going to be the end pet battle raid boss in Legion? Is having an army of giant buff Peddlefeet the answer to defeating him? If I trap a Darmand in a cage will it become a pet? So many questions so few answers.

*wanders out of thread in search of someone to buff her Peddlefeet*
11/30/2015 06:09 PMPosted by Tiresias
If I trap a Darmand in a cage will it become a pet?

Darkdarling definitively answered that question in on Dec 31st of 1995. In unrelated news we'll celebrate our 20th anniversary on Dec 31st of this year.
Darkdarling......now we know the name of the true Pet Battle Overlord!

Also Congrats, 20 years is a long time.
I'm always left out!!!

I'm glad you like it Zepp! Just wait until I write up "Zepp Strikes Back"!

11/30/2015 05:51 PMPosted by Darmand
Wow. I mean WOW! Far and away the best story as of yet.

Thanks! I think Zepp has me beat with his though lol. I am pretty new to it and any talent I do have I picked up from my husband.

11/30/2015 07:05 AMPosted by Sunborne
Zeradarmand

Sun? Gotta thank you. I was wondering what I was going to name my Demon Hunter.

I can't take credit for that either since the Starcraft pet was named Zeradar to begin with but it does go together nicely :D
Mehs, nothing beats my precious undead kitty cats. They have no souls to steal muhahaha. They like to eat Kibble and Pet Souls after each victory in fact :P.

http://hydra-media.cursecdn.com/hearthstone.gamepedia.com/thumb/8/80/Mr._Bigglesworth_full.jpg/400px-Mr._Bigglesworth_full.jpg?version=b25f8f17b9483ab234edd87ede2220b4

Anyone else wishes you could set up which pets gets released in the garrison though? I hate having random pets walk around when I want all my favorite pets to walk around instead.
11/30/2015 10:43 PMPosted by Respira
Anyone else wishes you could set up which pets gets released in the garrison though? I hate having random pets walk around when I want all my favorite pets to walk around instead.

Actually, the pets you have favorited in your journal should be the ones wandering around!
That's brilliant, thanks for posting this Sun! :)

I'm always left out!!!

I'm glad you like it Zepp! Just wait until I write up "Zepp Strikes Back"!

Are we going to see a "fusion" character Zeppradarmand introduced in the next chapter? :)
11/30/2015 10:46 PMPosted by Zepp
Actually, the pets you have favorited in your journal should be the ones wandering around!

Oh it does? that's wonderful guess time to favorite all the evil pets.
Awesome story Sun! Made me giggle for sure :) You should write more! (Same with you Zepp)

btw Zepp..saw someone when I was playing on Wyrmrest Accord (Alliance) with Zepp in their name and it made me supremely curious if it was an alt of yours or an imposter..who knows :P
Hmmmm. Curiouser and curiouser.
12/01/2015 02:49 AMPosted by Mìdnyte
Awesome story Sun! Made me giggle for sure :) You should write more! (Same with you Zepp)

btw Zepp..saw someone when I was playing on Wyrmrest Accord (Alliance) with Zepp in their name and it made me supremely curious if it was an alt of yours or an imposter..who knows :P

I have but one Zepp. You may on occasionally see Level 1s running around named ZeppOrc or ZeppHuman when I need to deliver a pet to someone, but any others are FAKES!!!
No you!
12/01/2015 10:21 AMPosted by Zepposter
No you!

And an impostor appears!
12/01/2015 09:32 AMPosted by Zepp
12/01/2015 02:49 AMPosted by Mìdnyte

I have but one Zepp. You may on occasionally see Level 1s running around named ZeppOrc or ZeppHuman when I need to deliver a pet to someone, but any others are FAKES!!!

Mystery solved then ;) they were like 60 somethin.