Your Loremaster doesn't count.

General Discussion
12/06/2015 03:47 AMPosted by Draile
Yeah, why are you letting children dictate what you do?

Not really letting them dictate per say as I was genuinely curious if this was a 'thing' or an unspoken rule of sorts. I really honestly wouldn't mind finishing the last few zones that I did on other characters if that is the thing. I mean the only person finishing those zones does in the end is benefit me, and since my next goal is to get a-lot of my reputations to exalted i'm sure finishing missed zones will give me a head start on that. So I would end up doing them anyhow.

I should of screen-shotted the chat and blacked out the names. It was a really weird occurrence to me, there were upwards of 10-20 if not more people raving about it. Chat just exploded with activity, and it seemed like people were really passionate about their stances. There were defenders, there were attackers, It just started some weird trade war over the issue of whether or not. I then received tells from 4 different names reinforcing that my achievement didn't count, and then two others that said to ignore the chat and it counted.

It was just the sheer number of people piping in made me curious as to whether or not it was a more widespread belief. It's interesting how people form opinions like this.

However a thank's to everyone who responded and congratulated me. To me it was well worth the effort, and my Tabard totally looks lovely with my transmog. I'm very proud of it, and no amount of nay-saying can really take away that from me.
As someone who has been a Loremaster for over 5 years, I say yours counts.

If you get the achievement, you did all of the quests required. That makes you a Loremaster in my books.
Honestly, I've fought with a few people who have told me they know the lore (which, the whole reason it was a 'fight' was because they got the lore wrong and I tried to correct them and they got butthurt) and linked their loremaster achievement and it's like, "Okay, but.. having that doesn't mean you know the lore. You can very easily zoom straight through without reading any of the quests besides the objectives/what to do."

I dunno.

Grats, though!
Account wide achievements aren't something new, why would anyone not get something as simple of a concept as that?

OMG, you didn't complete all the quests on one character, you cheated!

What does it matter if my level 100 Hunter, 100 Priest and so on did it?

Idiots out there.
Grats on the Loremaster!
Did Blizzard give you the achievement? There is your answer.

It's an achievement I will never, never, ever get. Unless I stumble on it if the game goes on for another 30 years.
Doesn't matter if you did it on 20 different characters. The same person did the quests.

Being on different characters negating it may be the dumbest thing i have heard in a while.
12/06/2015 02:39 AMPosted by Roderìck
What are your thoughts on this? Does it count? Or am I a 'fake Loremaster'.

I could see saying it doesn't count unless you do all the zones at appropriate level. Being over level makes it considerably easier, except for those quest's were you have to not kill it, those are harder.

But because you didn't do them on the same character? That's just crazy.
Good on you and who cares what those trolls say. My BF tells me my Loremaster doesn't count because I did mine on different characters, and I tell him to shove it. =)
I understand where they are coming from, but would wish they had the quality to just congratulate you and leave it at that.

It's much easier now, and using different characters/levels will make certain aspects simpler. However, it is still quite a bit of work regardless. Some players have not adjusted yet to the split system where alts contribute to your Main's work. I myself, prefer to keep all my work for something significant on one character. However, that is a preference and not some sort of rule.

I agree with everyone in this thread: ignore those who call in question your achievement, and enjoy your tabard. :)

Congratulations!
What are your thoughts on this?

I'd tell all the haters to "blow it up your @ss."
However it was pointed out to me that even though I received the achievement, and colors that my achievement did not count because I did not complete it all on one single toon.

Tell the 'Haters' that if Blizzard had wanted you to complete the achievement (Kudos BTW) on one character they would've coded it as such.
I'm not entirely sure, but i think you used to have to get that achieve on 1 toon. Alot of achieves are account wide now which makes it easy, i just think in the beginning they were not.

Anyhow congrats you deserve it!! Ignore anyone who tells you it doesnt count or matter just because you did it on more than 1 toon
Congrats OP. Ignore the haters. Let you Lore colors fly!!!
Congratulations. Loremaster is a very big achievement.

Don't let anyone tell you otherwise.
It's not as though it takes extra time to do it on one character or multiple. Cata really watered it down by revamping vanilla content, but it's really whatever. If the achievement popped, it's legit.
However it was pointed out to me that even though I received the achievement, and colors that my achievement did not count because I did not complete it all on one single toon.
I agree with this. Loremaster should be one of the achievements that is not account wide. In fact it should have a different title for those that completed it after the nerfs.
12/06/2015 06:27 AMPosted by Torghen
Congratulations. Loremaster is a very big achievement.
Loremaster is a joke now.
Wait, who pointed it out to you? The loremaster police? How would anyone even know?
12/06/2015 05:58 AMPosted by Pharsalus
Tell the 'Haters' that if Blizzard had wanted you to complete the achievement (Kudos BTW) on one character they would've coded it as such.
Nope they caved to the tears that it was too hard.
12/06/2015 06:49 AMPosted by Blackgoddess
Nope they caved to the tears that it was too hard.

If you're going to pick something to be an elitist about, make sure it's something that's actually elite and not casual carebear content.