Li Li Stormstout in Legion (Spoilers)

Story Forum
12/07/2015 11:22 PMPosted by Lupar
The timeskip has been confirmed to be nothing more than a rumor. They were referring to the fact that we fought Illidan 10 years ago outside of the game, not in it. Lorewise, Vanilla-MoP still has been five years and the expansions after have followed a similar schedule.

In the Demon Hunter starting experience, one of the Illidari you free states that she's been imprisoned for a decade, so there is indeed a timeskip.

As of Legion, it should be Year 36.
12/07/2015 11:22 PMPosted by Lupar
12/07/2015 11:03 PMPosted by Valko
There's also the fact that there may or may not be a time-skip in Legion. There's a lot of inconsistency with that. There's an item saying 8 years since BC, a quote saying 10, another saying there's no time skip at all...

We'll be able to determine her age better when they figure that out.
The timeskip has been confirmed to be nothing more than a rumor. They were referring to the fact that we fought Illidan 10 years ago outside of the game, not in it. Lorewise, Vanilla-MoP still has been five years and the expansions after have followed a similar schedule.

Even so, my point still stands.

It's not confirmed, it's a mess is what it is.

An item says you sharpened your warglaives at BT 8 years ago.
But a DH in the starting zone says she was imprisoned for a decade.
But the Legion waiting makes no sense, and where would Gul'dan have been hiding?

Of course all of these contradictions are likely alpha wierdness. As we get closer to release I'm quite sure we'll know what the actual time difference, if any, is.
There pretty much has to be a timeskip. If Legion was directly after Cata-MoP-WoD, the Legion would curbstomp us without effort. We haven't had ANY time to recover.
12/08/2015 07:17 AMPosted by Reignac

Could be that was two years before they set out?
Well guess it depends on how much time has passed in game.

Since we already know Cataclysm went for two years, it's possible Mists of Pandaria and Warlords of Draenor also went for two each.

So that would mean it's been seven and a half years since Illidan's death in Burning Crusade (since he died half way through BC)

So maybe they were just rounding up to eight, and made an estimate with the decade statement.

12/08/2015 07:22 AMPosted by Veloran

Don't we set out during the attack on the Black Temple though?
12/08/2015 07:18 AMPosted by Neutralwalu
There pretty much has to be a timeskip. If Legion was directly after Cata-MoP-WoD, the Legion would curbstomp us without effort. We haven't had ANY time to recover.

But why would the Legion wait?

12/08/2015 07:22 AMPosted by Veloran
12/08/2015 07:17 AMPosted by Reignac

I guess it could be, but why would the DH not sharpen them for two years?
Wait, what item is this exactly?
12/08/2015 07:53 AMPosted by Veloran

http://legion.wowhead.com/item=124075/illidari-warglaives-update-icon
12/08/2015 08:03 AMPosted by Valko
12/08/2015 07:53 AMPosted by Veloran

http://legion.wowhead.com/item=124075/illidari-warglaives-update-icon

Is that actually found in the game?

I don't think anything so far has had that description. You get new glaives given by Maiev right after leaving your cell, and soon after you go to recover your artifact weapons.
Timeskip or not, Li Li would still be old enough to warrant an adult model and some better dialogue. She's one of Blizzard's better and more likable child characters and it would be nice to see her develop, not regress.
12/08/2015 07:18 AMPosted by Neutralwalu
But they do curbstomp us at the Broken Shore...
12/08/2015 07:24 AMPosted by Ximothy
Since we already know Cataclysm went for two years, it's possible Mists of Pandaria and Warlords of Draenor also went for two each.

Most of WoD took place in AU Draenor, which is in the past and in an AU. So real time on Azeroth, there was no time skip.

12/08/2015 10:49 AMPosted by Lupar
She's one of Blizzard's better and more likable child characters and it would be nice to see her develop, not regress.

Even though she is almost a copy of Jade from Jackie Chan adventures (depending on if blizzard intended it or not, but they are pretty close)

With the adventurous but careful uncle, to the grumpy, angry distant related older uncle. The immature, hot head niece that loves to ignore orders from her elders.
Timeskip or not, Li Li would still be old enough to warrant an adult model and some better dialogue. She's one of Blizzard's better and more likable child characters and it would be nice to see her develop, not regress.

Well that begs the question of the Pandaren life span. Elves are apparently children for a hundred odd or so years themselves after all.
Most of WoD took place in AU Draenor, which is in the past and in an AU. So real time on Azeroth, there was no time skip.

No our two worlds are linked. I'm certain time still passed at the same rate on Azeroth, we just weren't there for it.

12/08/2015 06:41 PMPosted by Lyricalla
Well that begs the question of the Pandaren life span

Human length, Blizzard did a tweet about it back in MoP.

Does make me wonder though about other races' lifespans. I would rather they be as close to humans as possible.

Well that begs the question of the Pandaren life span. Elves are apparently children for a hundred odd or so years themselves after all.

Elves are not. Shandris was marraible at 18 years of age, Sylvanas became an adult at 20, and Valeera was 18 or so in the comics. Elves, as we can tell, mature at the same rate as humans, but stay in their healthy prime for a long, long time.
Elves are apparently children for a hundred odd or so years themselves after all.

As far as I can tell, every race ages into adult hood at the same rate.

Including elves and draenei.
12/08/2015 11:21 PMPosted by Ximothy
Elves are apparently children for a hundred odd or so years themselves after all.

As far as I can tell, every race ages into adult hood at the same rate.

Including elves and draenei.
Not true at all. Durotan saw a cute draenei girl when he was in that one village when he was a small child, and then when he came back as an adult he saw the same girl at the same age.

Pandaren, however, age roughly the same as humans, maybe a few years more. Liu Lang lived to be 113, and this was considered quite old.
12/06/2015 04:18 PMPosted by Thelamas
12/06/2015 04:17 PMPosted by Markhoof
Odd to see her showcase the Windwalker artifact.

I thought if she was given a role in terms or artifacts, it would be the Mistweaver one.

A brash young Pandaren with a knack for finding trouble connected to the most peaceful artefact to find? Preposterous.

well, she is a healer in blizzard's heroes of the storm, I would've thought the same thing
I think at this point the time jump is probably a thing given the male NE DH line about being in stasis for ten years and several remarks in the Vault of the Wardens about them having been imprisoned for many years.

The question is how long. Seems to either three or five but as far as I can tell the Illidari Warglaives item that says eight years doesn't seem to exist in alpha yet assuming it hasn't been cut. A three year jump makes more sense to me than a five year one, but it'd be cheaper for them to cut/redo the text on an item that implies three than to change a voiceover that currently implies five to imply three instead.

Either way Li-Li is probably in 13-16 range right now. So a new model may not be needed just yet.
12/09/2015 10:41 AMPosted by Kayleina
I think at this point the time jump is probably a thing given the male NE DH line about being in stasis for ten years and several remarks in the Vault of the Wardens about them having been imprisoned for many years.

The question is how long. Seems to either three or five but as far as I can tell the Illidari Warglaives item that says eight years doesn't seem to exist in alpha yet assuming it hasn't been cut. A three year jump makes more sense to me than a five year one, but it'd be cheaper for them to cut/redo the text on an item that implies three than to change a voiceover that currently implies five to imply three instead.

Either way Li-Li is probably in 13-16 range right now. So a new model may not be needed just yet.
She met Magni when she was 12, which was in Wrath. She would be around 14-15 in Pandaria. Which means she'd be 16 or 17 in Legion.