Not to offend anyone but...

General Discussion
The charity pets generally look cooler imho.
With all due respect, and i mean with all due respect......
12/03/2015 11:56 AMPosted by Poppen
its their greed camouflaged as them being generous.
'Sure i'd like to donate but what do I get in return?'
Also helps Blizz and their taxes
Ready for downvotes now

With such tasty bait like this fatuous sciolism, it's no wonder you shall get the down-votes you are fishing for.
People don't NEED a pet tagged for charity, but a pet NEEDS to be tagged for charity for a larger number of people to be interested.

You're looking at it backwards. People who would normally donate their money anyway will be more likely to buy a pet when the pet is a free gift for the donation that they would have done anyway.

The people buying the pet now are not "pet-buying" people. They are "donating" people who have found a suitable place to donate and get a little bonus in return.
Because this way people that would not otherwise donate but want the pet will contribute.
12/03/2015 12:47 PMPosted by Adghasjdh
Claim it off Tax. Blizzard can claim millions off on Tax with it and we'll be able to claim about $10 off.

I thinks its more related to PR stuff, something like "Hey I'm donating the money I made to charity" gives a good image to the public.
Personally, I think Blizz should do more of this. A LOT more. Once a week/month/quarter take an in-store mount, pet or 'thing' and tie it to a charity and mark the price down.

Make-a-wish got $10 from me, via Blizzard, and I got a pet at 60% off regular price. Sounds like win-win.
It really makes me sad some people are cynical to even have to ask.
12/03/2015 11:59 AMPosted by Snowfox
It's synergizing charity-based activism and mount-based prestige!

Is it a paradigm that's outside of the box?
12/03/2015 11:52 AMPosted by You
I'm saying this because if a new pet is introduced with no Charity, sales are normal, but if it's tagged with charity, then sales go crazy.

How do you know the sales numbers? I mean, really. Do you work for Blizzard?

People would buy the pet anyway. Tagging it for a charity just makes them feel less guilty for spending money on pixels. I doubt people who don't care about companion pets would buy one just because it's for charity--but they might go ahead and donate directly. Kind of a win all around I'd say.
I dont care what they do with the money after I buy the pet!
I would buy the pet even if it wasn't for charity.

12/03/2015 11:56 AMPosted by Nix
its just a nice pet and you get to support the charity. win win

12/03/2015 12:04 PMPosted by Kyx
If I'm going to buy a pet, why not make the money go somewhere to help?

12/03/2015 11:53 AMPosted by Nazthori
Why the hell not?
Because by definition charity means getting something in return.
God forbid, blizzard tries to encourage charity. Damn them.
12/03/2015 01:05 PMPosted by Brahmina
I'm saying this because if a new pet is introduced with no Charity, sales are normal, but if it's tagged with charity, then sales go crazy.

How do you know the sales numbers? I mean, really. Do you work for Blizzard?

People would buy the pet anyway. Tagging it for a charity just makes them feel less guilty for spending money on pixels. I doubt people who don't care about companion pets would buy one just because it's for charity--but they might go ahead and donate directly. Kind of a win all around I'd say.
Why not buy it just because it's for charity? It's like when the girl scouts come around selling their cookies or kids go around selling fundraiser candy or whatever. You probably wouldn't go out of your way to find the candy, but you buy it just to support the kids. That's the same with this pet.

Buying the pet doesn't stop anyone from donating to the charity. In this case, 100% of the money goes to the charity, so you're not doing anything different by donating directly. This is just like giving the money to the Salvation Army bell ringer instead of going down to the Salvation Army office to donate.
I donate both time and money to charity, when possible.

Getting a virtual pet in return is a pleasant change of pace.
12/03/2015 01:22 PMPosted by Cedric
It's like when the girl scouts come around selling their cookies or kids go around selling fundraiser candy or whatever. You probably wouldn't go out of your way to find the candy, but you buy it just to support the kids.

I confess. I do go out of my way to find Girl Scout cookies. But, while I think scouting is a great thing and I'm all for it, I do it for the cookies, not the scouts.
honestly, the money going to charity is the only way i would even consider buying a pet for real money.

i'm still not going to do it though
Why do some of you guys need a pet that's tagged for charity...?

I mean I can donate to their website, I done it before...

I'm asking this because why is it different from buying the pet for charity vs donating it directly with no gift return?

Was probably going to buy this pet anyway. If I can buy it now and help the charity just a little then why not?
Why do the Ice Bucket Challenge? Because it works. Advertising works.