Lfg for mythic dungeon proposed change

General Discussion
Instead of allowing people to form their own groups fully. Can we modify the system so the group leader cannot discriminate? So essentially if a group needs a dps,healer, or tank the first qualified candidate is automatically added to the group. So if a dungeon requires 700ilvl gear and you have 700, you get invited, rather than allowing the group to hold out for a dps that severely out gears the content they automatically invite on a first come first serve basis. Perhaps make this an optional setting awarding additional Valor, call it open group mythic dungeons, this would go a very long way toward making it easier to get into groups with normal gear rated for the instance, rather than allowing the current speed run via overgearing meta which we seem to be in.

Yes I can and do make my own groups as that is how I have had to even get a mythic slot so far, but I feel this system I have proposed would incentivise people to make open groups rather than picking the people who already have better gear than the content drops.
Here's a tool so you can form groups. No wait, you can have us form the groups for you. So LFR for everything, yay!!! Holy crappola that idea is.
No OP.
Terribad idea.
It would be nice if Mythic dungeons could be queued into - any added challenge to them has since been outstripped by gear levels. But otherwise, people forming their own groups shouldn't be forced into taking anyone who signs up. Besides, if the custom groupfinder automatically recruited anyone at the minimum listed ilevel, people would just set it higher.
11/25/2015 12:07 PMPosted by Scattors
Here's a tool so you can form groups. No wait, you can have us form the groups for you. So LFR for everything, yay!!! Holy crappola that idea is.

False equivalency. Lfr, is a watered down version of content. Group finder that auto adds those qualified for mythic dungeons just makes it more fair and rewards those who choose to enable the open group option.
11/25/2015 12:12 PMPosted by Rottersworth
It would be nice if Mythic dungeons could be queued into - any added challenge to them has since been outstripped by gear levels. But otherwise, people forming their own groups shouldn't be forced into taking anyone who signs up. Besides, if the custom groupfinder automatically recruited anyone at the minimum listed ilevel, people would just set it higher.

Which is there perogative, however the current system is not adequate, but if you say minimum 700 you shouldn't be waiting for 730s and declining others for whatever discriminatory reason you think of.
11/25/2015 12:12 PMPosted by Thurr

False equivalency. Lfr, is a watered down version of content. Group finder that auto adds those qualified for mythic dungeons just makes it more fair and rewards those who choose to enable the open group option.

Or, I have a radical idea

You can set your groups to auto accept and everyone else can choose who they want to group with....

"more fair" how? How is an automated system going to determine that a player is qualified? Assumably, the same way that LFR does - what is that 640 gear level? Is it going to do it my ilvl? What ilvl is "fair" Mythic dungeons require that players know at least some mechanics or outgear them. How would an automated system do that and be "fair"?
Did you actually talk to these group leaders, and they told you that you were declined because they were holding out for a 730 ilvl? Cuz that sounds kind of extreme and doesn't fit with my experience.
11/25/2015 12:16 PMPosted by Harhain

Or, I have a radical idea

You can set your groups to auto accept and everyone else can choose who they want to group with....

Auto invite is not currently set to differentiate between healers/tanks/dps nor is there extra Valor for doing so. Try harder.
11/25/2015 12:21 PMPosted by Kivv
Did you actually talk to these group leaders, and they told you that you were declined because they were holding out for a 730 ilvl? Cuz that sounds kind of extreme and doesn't fit with my experience.

I've made many groups, and many people say don't take the 690 tank take the 720 tank. Don't take the x take the z. This is not a fair system when the 690 tank is more than adequate for the content
11/25/2015 12:04 PMPosted by Thurr
Instead of allowing people to form their own groups fully. Can we modify the system so the group leader cannot discriminate? So essentially if a group needs a dps,healer, or tank the first qualified candidate is automatically added to the group. So if a dungeon requires 700ilvl gear and you have 700, you get invited, rather than allowing the group to hold out for a dps that severely out gears the content they automatically invite on a first come first serve basis. Perhaps make this an optional setting awarding additional Valor, call it open group mythic dungeons, this would go a very long way toward making it easier to get into groups with normal gear rated for the instance, rather than allowing the current speed run via overgearing meta which we seem to be in.

Yes I can and do make my own groups as that is how I have had to even get a mythic slot so far, but I feel this system I have proposed would incentivise people to make open groups rather than picking the people who already have better gear than the content drops.

I value your opinion. But...NO
11/25/2015 12:04 PMPosted by Thurr
So essentially if a group needs a dps,healer, or tank the first qualified candidate is automatically added to the group.

No.
There is nothing wrong with how mythic dungeons currently work. DPS have a hard time finding groups because how many of them there are. Just make your own !@#$ing group jfc
11/25/2015 12:14 PMPosted by Thurr
Which is there perogative, however the current system is not adequate, but if you say minimum 700 you shouldn't be waiting for 730s and declining others for whatever discriminatory reason you think of.
so if i made a group for mythics, and put it at 700 ilvl (which is what i do) and my group is already 1 healer and 2 dps, then i get 4 dps sign up for the queue at the same time and before i invite one of them a guildie/friend asks if they can dps. so now, according to what you want, not only will it force one of those dps into my group, but then i would have to kick it so that i can invite the friend that wants to join. yeah i can see that being much better.

also if multiple dps sign up at the same time, why would i not take the 725 feral druid over the 701 Spriest or the 711 elemental shaman?
11/25/2015 12:23 PMPosted by Thurr

I've made many groups, and many people say don't take the 690 tank take the 720 tank. Don't take the x take the z. This is not a fair system when the 690 tank is more than adequate for the content

But there is literally no reason to not tank the better tank. The 690 tank can still find groups since there is always a demand for tanks and healers.

Forcing groups to take worse players because they applied first is dumb, if I want to blast through for valor then the 720 tank makes it easier to do so.

Do you really believe what you write? Why on earth would you take a 690 over a 720? A 720 geared player has demonstrated some experience to get that geared. It's not just about the ilvl - it's knowing that they've done some work/raids, something to get that far. 690 hasn't even run through Tanaan Jungle. The 690 tank needs to make their own group. tanks are already a hot commodity.
Other players are allowed to decide they do not want to bring you based on experience, gear, or lack thereof. The tool does it's job as is.

lol and it is fair for the people in your group to take longer to complete the runs because you want to take less qualified people ?
11/25/2015 12:26 PMPosted by Scattors

Do you really believe what you write? Why on earth would you take a 690 over a 720? A 720 geared player has demonstrated some experience to get that geared. It's not just about the ilvl - it's knowing that they've done some work/raids, something to get that far. 690 hasn't even run through Tanaan Jungle. The 690 tank needs to make their own group. tanks are already a hot commodity.

I disagre . Just because one character isn't geared doesn't mean he doesn't have experience, these are dungeons everyone had run countless times. I'm not saying bring him to mythic hfc, but let's be honest mythic dungeons are not so tough that we should allow the same elitist attitude to thrive.