Have things gone downhill even more?(Serious)

General Discussion
Hey all, been a few months since I've posted in here. I was, to be blunt, kind of insane in how much the game had been making me mad based on design choices, so if anyone remembers me, sorry for my rants lol. Just comes from the fact that I was angry that a game I loved so much was changing in ways that I thought was just wrong.

Anywho...

I took a break and found myself missing the game, but upon return... wow. I really felt like the game was emptier than before. It was enough that after I played around for a bit I kinda thought "meh" and silently cancelled my sub again. There didn't seem to be much -if anything- new, and there really weren't a lot of people that seemed interested in doing anything notable in comparison to when I left.

Was this just an isolated experience, or have things REALLY gone downhill since I left earlier this year? I knew people weren't necessarily happy with the content, but Draenor just seemed empty, so did Tanaan and many of the channels were just silent.

That and I really thought there would be something notable to do... I'm just not interested in the legendary quest anymore or the raid. There really was a time when I could play this game and not have to worry about raiding being the only thing worth doing... ah well. Don't get me wrong, they aren't bad... but they aren't interesting enough to really bother... See ya in Legion maybe.
I TRY to stay positive until Legion but it's hard. Maybe try something new in the game, A new class, New realm, Alliance or Horde, PVP or PVE. Whatever it may be.
My realm is still pretty active, and it's only a medium population server. I'd suggest trying out a new realm with a higher population.

Edit: I see you're on Stormrage, so I'm shocked that you're encountering this problem at all. Maybe it has to do with the time of day you're logging on compared to the "active" hours for the realm's timezone.
It was enough that after I played around for a bit I kinda thought "meh" and silently cancelled my sub again

silently
My realm is pretty active, in fact I can claim that its growing. Perhaps its the result of people moving to more populated servers .
Most realms are dead minus a few heavily populated ones... Blizzard should be consolidating realms already, when I go onto Area52 or another large horde realm there's 50 people in Warspear on mine you're lucky if you see 2 or 3, even during night time 8 at most... it's just sad...

We have no guilds pushing mythic except one on Alliance. I'm sure many people will come on here and say then server transfer, unfortunately I have 5 alts.. and also it shouldn't be the player's fault they can't do content because Blizzard's bad design choices have decimated the server populations.

I don't see why it would be so hard for Blizzard to consolidate realms.. the LFG system is not enough to help with this problem as guilds are still the best way to do high-end raiding content, relying on PuGs most of the time is a complete failure, especially in later end heroic and mythic content.
11/29/2015 06:04 PMPosted by Borsohn
Was this just an isolated experience, or have things REALLY gone downhill since I left earlier this year? I knew people weren't necessarily happy with the content, but Draenor just seemed empty, so did Tanaan and many of the channels were just silent.

Odd. I'm not on any majorly populated servers and I see folks all the time. Just tonight one of my alts was having a devil of a time getting her Tanaan dailies done because of the number of folks doing the same thing and all the mobs being dead (very slow respawn for some reason).

The holiday seemed pretty busy on my servers as well. Lots of folks mobbing the cooking vendor for the mats to cook all that food. And when I took my rogues out to let folks shoot them with turkey feathers, they all got blasted numerous times. So, even the old world seemed pretty populated to me.

I'm sorry you're no longer into the game, OP, but that's the way things go sometimes. People change, interests change. I hope your future endeavors go well for you.
11/29/2015 06:17 PMPosted by Meesterbeard
It was enough that after I played around for a bit I kinda thought "meh" and silently cancelled my sub again

silently
I can't hear you over all this silence.
Coming from a truly social MMO, WoW has always felt like a single player game with some multiplayer stuff thrown in as an afterthought. You kinda get used to it for a while.

Not sure what's different for you now. It's always been this way.
I think we've come to the realization that WoD is primarily about raiding. If that's not your thing, then there isn't really much fun to be had. But give raiding a shot at least (at least heroic level raiding when it gets challenging).
it could always be worse
It was dead boring after hitting 100. Tanaan has helped a bit but it's gonna be a long wait for Legion.
I have an alt on Stormrage,it's always jumping,people are everywhere. What did you do while silently playing,your Activity feed shows nothing.