72 hour suspensions

General Discussion
Prev 1 7 8 9
I was accused of botting when I was trying to sell 1500 Trillium Bars in trade chat.

I farm gold, but legitimately.

I stay in the same area from 3-13 hours depending on how I feel. I sell my mats in the AH and have been doing it since April.

So, just because someone is in the same zone for hours and hours, doesn't necessarily mean that person is botting.

To achieve results you must work, work = time invested.

I would not have acquired between 2 characters 1.8 Million gold without time invested.

I'm currently working on a Gold Cap challenge. I must farm a specific area (Vale of Eternal Blossoms) and reach Gold Cap before Legion is Live.

It's not easy and I typically do it while streaming.

Sorry for rambling on.
Anyone caught botting should be permabanned 1st time around. No exceptions.
Absolutely disgusting that cheaters don't get an instant perma ban when caught cheating.
I personally know people that bot and they don't care because they know the benefit of cheating far out ways the punishment of getting caught.
I guess money talks and blizzard it to scared of losing previous subscriptions and sub numbers.

Another reason for the mass amount of cheaters in the game is how easy it is to get to max lvl and geared.
If you get caught and banned you arnt really throwing your hard work down the drain, all it takes is a lvl 100 boost and a weeks farming and your good as new.
12/02/2015 04:51 PMPosted by Sycamour
<span class="truncated">...</span> My account was hacked back in 2009, and the guy had been botting on it.

He probably wasn't flying in RBGs though which is what I think the person you quoted was talking about. People blatantly cheating in PvP because they know they won't get banned.
No, the guy was botting to make gold. And someone downvotes my original comment why? Why? There's no reason. You dont like the fact that someone botted on my account back in 2009 while it was compromised? Or what, you dont believe me? Fight me
Bots and hackers have been here since vanilla they are not going away, blizzard spends more time slapping people with 24 hour bans for spoke text than focusing on the hackers. after 11 years things will not change.
12/03/2015 12:39 PMPosted by Stillwell
blizzard spends more time slapping people with 24 hour bans for spoke text

I have never seen a comment with more truth in it before.
12/01/2015 08:30 PMPosted by Shankou
MEANWHILE RECKFUL STILL BANNED FOR ACCOUNT SHARING LOL. #FREERECKFUL

Just curious who he is and looked around... is he not the same person who posted 11/23 that he got Legion Alpha?

Doesn't seem much of a ban if so. *shrug*
Bots and hackers have been here since vanilla they are not going away, blizzard spends more time slapping people with 24 hour bans for spoke text than focusing on the hackers. after 11 years things will not change.

And you gloat over it.

http://us.battle.net/wow/en/forum/topic/20043164714?page=1
12/02/2015 03:57 PMPosted by Notuber
12/02/2015 02:31 PMPosted by Iiso
Weird, i havent seen anyone over 2k rating on this thread

You can blame it on what you want but maybe alot of you just need to practice more

Just a thought

Omg go seek attention elsewhere you pathetic person.

Not looking for attention just tossing out an idea, i agree botting is an issue but most people look for things to blame when they arent able to perform
12/03/2015 05:13 PMPosted by Iiso
12/02/2015 03:57 PMPosted by Notuber

Omg go seek attention elsewhere you pathetic person.

Not looking for attention just tossing out an idea, i agree botting is an issue but most people look for things to blame when they arent able to perform

Pretty sure this whole post isn't about arena's. There is a vastly large other part of World of Warcraft that doesn't involve instanced PvP.
12/03/2015 01:49 PMPosted by Jamalia

And you gloat over it.

Learning to read is what the cool kids are doing. I don't gloat, I just refuse to help blizzard combat hackers. They want my money to play and want me to do the job of their employees for FREE? Do you work for free? Doubt it. Save it.
12/04/2015 11:55 AMPosted by Stillwell
12/03/2015 01:49 PMPosted by Jamalia

And you gloat over it.

Learning to read is what the cool kids are doing. I don't gloat, I just refuse to help blizzard combat hackers. They want my money to play and want me to do the job of their employees for FREE? Do you work for free? Doubt it. Save it.

Okay.

I mean, is it asking too much to right click report or is this some kind of curmudgeon thing based on short sighted principles?
12/03/2015 02:10 AMPosted by Mustachex
Anyone caught botting should be permabanned 1st time around. No exceptions.

Okay, don't get me wrong, but I am going to have a shot this topic, feel free to downvote me. Keep in mind, that I NEVER use bots, and never will because if a game isn't fair to me or too grindy, I eventually just stop playing it. However there are some people, that do make some valid arguments imo on why they do it.

Here is one person's comment
"I did it because getting 1 shotted at max level BGS by full PVP geared players isn't fun."

Now in all seriousness, its hard to argue with the statement that getting 1 shotted by full PVP geared players isn't fun, it's a flaw in the design of the game imo who wants to gear up if they have to die hundreds of times in order to do it? A lot of PVP players just bot their way to full honor gear to avoid that problem as they don't want to deal with dying over and over.

This is why some of the changes in Legion are welcome. I guess a lot of people's attitude is like this, "why spend hours and hours farming honor points when you can get just get your bot to do it for you?"

I think most PVP players want things to be competitive on a more level playing field, but for years this just hasn't been the way it is.

While I don't agree with their methods, I do accept the frustration of PVP players, see I was in an arena the other day in my current gear, I find myself shot dead in like....3 hits. Stuff that lol.

The important thing you have to consider is that for many PVP players, they've been farming gear for well over 10 seasons. In other words, while a PVE player only has to really gear up once every expansion, a PVP player usually has to get new gear EVERY season. This also has had an impact.

Blizzard might want people to play wow the way THEY want to play it, but a lot of the PVP community just wants to play with a geared character and that's it.

It's a very simple situation really..

If you design an mmo where you have to grind for like 40+ hours to get to your objectives, that's just too much for a lot of people, most people just don't want to do that, I know that's the point where I would just rage-quit the game lol. Too much effort required to get to that goal, ya know? I would only be willing to grind for 40+ hours if there was lots of engaging story as filler content on the way, but sadly in wow that's not really the case with most grinds. Yes, PVP gear is easy to get in Ashran, but I know I couldn't stand doing Ashran I would fall asleep every time I stumble in there I get annoyed with how quests come up on my logs that I didn't click on, and keep having to leave the zone to abandon them.

The problem is, people have set goals, on what they want to do in the game and want to get to their goals as possible, and usually the effort to get there they see as just a nuisance I mean some people would even bot to do their dailies in MOP, they just wanted to raid, but would find themselves asked the question "are you doing your dailies to get valor and rep?" by potential raid leaders and things like that.

Some grinds people can handle, but some people cannot.

The situation is now, that I wouldn't put it past people to bot questing in Legion just to get their flying lol.
11/30/2015 08:56 AMPosted by Vaelthun
There are no compromised accounts botting bg's as there would be zero monetary gain. There are no flyhacks in rbg's on compromised accounts as there is no monetary gain.

You underestimate human greed. Anything can have monetary gain.
12/02/2015 11:29 PMPosted by Aloriele
It's not easy and I typically do it while streaming.

does anyone actually watch you farming???
12/04/2015 12:18 PMPosted by Mvura
12/04/2015 11:55 AMPosted by Stillwell

Okay.

I mean, is it asking too much to right click report or is this some kind of curmudgeon thing based on short sighted principles?

I can vouch that the same level 1 human in Stormwind on Moon Guard has been in front of the AH in trade district day after day after day, and then a few more days. He, just like on nearly every other server in Stormwind and Orgrimmar, has been here for months. Every so often I do see a new level 1 though. These level 1's make it a couple weeks at a time without being banned. I have reported them numerous times to no avail, exactly how many times does someone need to be reported?

There have been a few instances in battlegrounds before the 6 month suspension wave took place where a few of the completely obvious battleground bots caught my eye and I saw them every few nights. Each time I saw them I reported them. I knew for certain it was some of the same ones who were reported who knows how many times because of their names and mogs.

I cannot speak from experience because I never took the time out to go watch bots farm certain instances, but there have been numerous posts on the forums about dozens upon dozens of bots farming specific areas/instances for weeks at a time - the same ones. Many of the people on the forums claimed to have reported them and nothing was done about it.

In my opinion, reporting these folks doesn't do a whole lot when you have to report the same ones over and over. I can see where people lose faith.
in all seriousness though, I did visit one of their sites. Many were banned in the May banwave for six months, came back botting again and this time got banned for 72 hours. OK some did come with a final warning and it was made clear if there was a next time it would be a perma-ban, but it's kind of strange that first time nuke for 6 months, learn nothing, do it again, and this time banned for 3 days. Doesn't make the most sense to me.

I'm cool with people getting second chances, but what makes it a little hard to take is that so many of them seemed to have been doing it for so long, and hardly any of them seemed all that sorry. Not to mention that so many of them keep doing it.

hope Blizzard win in court this time. Seriously, if some unnamed major corporation can get a 16 year-old kid fined a million dollars (yeah, that's his adult life pretty much over) for uploading a game to a forum that he got because the shop screwed up and put it on the shelf 3 days before the official release, citing lost revenue being the cause of wanting definitive action being taken, then I'm sure Blizzard can point to millions in lost revenue due to botters. There have been enough complaints about it in writing on forums etc. All said company had to do in my example was pull a number out of their butts about how much revenue they lost based on estimates. Blizzard can actually provide evidence that there have been people who had being paying Blizzard $$ and no longer do due to this issue.
12/04/2015 01:20 PMPosted by Aquania
hope Blizzard win in court this time.

If they win they won't get mad and have a mass six month suspension again.

If they would just perm-ban cheaters most cheaters would either:

1.) Stop cheating in fear of losing their 10 year old account

2.) Go play a new game.

3.) Get tired of purchasing new accounts all the time and either *see above text

The couple unmentioned popular programs wouldn't be as widespread if players were banned. It's really that easy.