Legion Alpha on Twitch and Youtube

General Discussion
I know it is hard to not be picked to play in the Aplha for Legion. It hurts to know that you are not a special snowflake to Blizzard, and that a Youtuber or Twitch player gets the invite. What makes them special.
Nothing, they are just like you and I. They chose to be streamers and you tube stars and worked very hard to get where they are today. They put themselves out there on a almost daily basis.How many people can say they would want to be watched while playing a game. Blizzard looks at them as good advertisment and better yet free. It is a win all around for Blizzard. So why wouldn't blizzard use them as much as they could?
On a personal note, I do not watch if they are streaming Legion stuff. I do not want to know what is coming or what my class hall will look like. That is just me thou.
k
Actually I kinda wish they didn't have so many people playing it online. I kinda like going into a new expansion without knowing everything thats gonna happen cuz someone else played it for me online. I want things to be a surprise and be new to me. Not something I know everything about and just skim through.
I just read a few posts about how people that aren't streamers don't get picked for Legion alpha.
I agree Krotosa, and I don't watch if that is what they are streaming.
Most likely the people that complain they don't get an invite would also complain if they did with the quality of it. I've done a couple betas now and they are pretty much a mess with bugs, things missing, ect. It isn't content, it's testing and advertising.

Though i will admit i do like the strange objects they put as placeholders for different textures.
I'm looking at MMO champ now and then. but other than a glance I'm ignoring everything I can. I'm even getting flying in WOD so I can lvl my alts to 100 so I can do all the class quests come legion.
I do wish they would hire some of the player base as testers. I have seen some wonderful posts on bugs in the forums.
Krotosa I looked at the weapons so i could figure out what transmog would go best with them.
ya same. Still hate I'm gonna have to go Dual wield but meh. Unholy is garbage in my eyes.
I don't mind streamers getting access. I do watch a few of them to get tastes of things, but damn, I've seen a few of them who seem to have little grasp on the game or its lore. Maybe they've been away for a while, I don't know.

"Who's that guy?" "Why's that there?" Mispronouncing well-known and established names. Grousing about debunked or outdated information. Long videos with long intros that show very little of the game, but plenty of the loud, cursing, and off-putting streamer.
I think Blizzard is trying to use this as a selling point for legion, however this is a catch 22.
Now instead of people buying the expansion to see what they like or don't like, they can watch these vids and make a decision without having to buy the game. Hence it may hurt more than help.

The bad part is seeing a new player for a class load up a greenhorn toon and get a legendary weapon within an hour of a linear questline where there is no real sense of challenge or even potential of dying not even once. Certainly this kind of removes any sense of how 'legendary' this is all supposed to be. Yet major characters are dying and 'l33t the greenhorn newb' toon just comes along and is now saving the day, gets a super artifact and is now a champion of the class beating the same demons as a new toon that killed major lore characters.

Seriously?
12/04/2015 11:32 AMPosted by Kelemar
I do wish they would hire some of the player base as testers. I have seen some wonderful posts on bugs in the forums.

Players do it for free (I've been fortunate enough to be on every beta test except BC). Blizzard sure as hell didn't listen to a lot of us many about problems in WoD before they spit it out. I don't think they will listen this round either.

/quack
K
12/04/2015 11:13 AMPosted by Kelemar
What makes them special.

12/04/2015 11:13 AMPosted by Kelemar
Blizzard looks at them as good advertisment and better yet free. It is a win all around for Blizzard. So why wouldn't blizzard use them as much as they could?
They are pretty much killing their own hype. You're talking about at least 6 more months and we're already seeing everything under the sun. We still have all of beta too. By prelaunch that feeling of discovery is already toast as guides for builds leveling and dungeons will already be out. You'll already know 90% of what to expect before launch day even drops.
What do I get out of you having an Alpha invite? Nothing. At least I can watch the streamers.
What Blizz needs to do is the exact thing Bethesda did with fallout 4. They teased enough to wet the appitite but not enough to spoil any of it.

They should have held back and told MMO champ and wowhead to take a Hike. The best part about a new thing is not knowing much about it. As said above. By the time Legion is out %99 of it will be out there on the internet. data mined. combed through and analyzed before we even step foot on The broken isle. And unless your like me and are trying the best you can to ignore all of it it will be ruined from the get go.
i really wish that blizzard would let me test the alpha because I wanna know if I even want to play wow any more. please let me test blizzard!!!!!
Why did you necro a 7 month old thread about the Alpha?