First item to get with valor points?

Death Knight
It was pretty easy in T10 - get T10 :) I assume T11 is the same way?
More or less. The trinket is pretty good, too. The sigil should be the last thing you get.
Ok, thanks! Love the guild name btw, great game :)
I would get the relic of aggramar first if you're a frost DK. The reason is that it's the best-in-slot item from both current regular AND heroic raids. Ie. You don't need to replace it until the next content patch at the least. Everything else looks like it will be replaced between normal and heroic raids. I could be reading Ej wrong though.
The reason you never want to get the relic first is because it's the smallest upgrade you can spend valor points on.

To compare it with Notched Jawbone, you only get 13 more Str, and a total of 18 rating points in secondary stats (and this is before considering the stat weights of those secondary stats, which will also effect how big of an upgrade it is. hit+mastery > crit+exp for Frost). Really not worth the 700 points, especially considering you can buy a Notched Jawbone if you can't seem to get any of the other ilevel 346 relics to drop in dungeons.
If you're raiding, get the relic first. Every other slot has a raid drop that you can benefit from, there are no raid drop relics.

If you are not raiding, and don't plan to soon, then ya go for a bigger upgrade. Either a ring or a tier piece
I would be looking at the biggest upgrades first if it were me and relics just don't fit that bill in many cases. 700 points for an item that isnt going to be as much of a benefit seems kind of a waste to me when you can be saving for the more expensive stuff first.
Trinket first in my opinion, its a huge DPS upgrade from any 346 trinket.

After that I would head to the more expensive tier peices (chest/legs) then to boots(but these are BoE and should be bought) then rings then relic
I went ahead and bought my T11 chest piece first. I wouldn't waste points on T11 pants or gloves, as they have a chance of dropping from 10 man BH.
02/03/2011 1:43 PMPosted by Galistia
I went ahead and bought my T11 chest piece first. I wouldn't waste points on T11 pants or gloves, as they have a chance of dropping from 10 man BH.

BH chances :( ive not seen any DK loot, last 2 kills were hunter and rogue and we dont have those in our raid makeup
02/03/2011 1:43 PMPosted by Galistia

You're going to have to get the gloves and pants one day and if they offere the biggest dps increase there's no reason not to take them over the possiblity of happenstance.
got the trink 1st up, as with most stacking buffs you get 2x stacks per strike on top of melee so it has sweet stack uptime. Next i'll be grabbing the legs, str + mastery = win. i waited months for the t10 to drop outta voa, rng is rng.
First purchase was the License to Slay, second is going to be the T11 chest, hopefully tomorrow.

After that, probably the gloves. Yes, there's a chance that they can drop from BH, but the chance is fairly slight. Wowhead lists 134 possible drops from Argaloth. The chances of getting your PvE DPS gloves aren't all that high. It's certainly not worth putting off your 2pc in the hopes that you'll get lucky. The odds go up slightly if you're running it in 25 man instead of 10 man, but it's still nothing I'd bet on.
Hmm, was looking for a similar question and stumbled onto this thread.

Am currently thinking of getting either the T11 tanking helm or T11 tanking chest. Have both T11 gloves and pants.

Any recommendation?
Was thinking of helm since I can invest in a 359 chest from AH.
Thanks Thneed, must be my eyes playing tricks on me.
Well, guess that solves my dilemma (and save some gold)