Constructive Criticism.

General Discussion
I would like to start off by saying that I know you cant please everyone and there will always be people that love and hate warcraft, but I would like to point out a few things that caught my attention.

-Difficulty
This is another hot topic in warcraft, it seems that nowadays you're either a "wrathbaby" or "hardcore". This isnt likely going away anytime soon either, its everywhere in life... whether you're on 4chan with "old#%!" v "new#%!" or America v Europe threads, but I do think you couldve tuned things a little better. (This is coming from somebody who raided 5 nights a week for 4-5 hours a night)

You say that 10 & 25s are supposed to be tuned the same, but it's far from that. For starters, 4 days after Cata was released we wiped 3 days straight on Halfus +Storm Rider and finally got it after 12+ hours of raid time, it was fun though... you made it so that we couldnt miss a single thing to achieve our goal. That meant, if one of the casts got off... healers would oom too quick, if we missed a CD on tanks... they would die, but what sickens me is that 2 weeks later we went in with our AWFUL 25 man group and 3 shot it with half scrubs + our 10 man. We missed probably 8-10 casts and 3 people died on the pull.

Another fight that is turning out like this is Cho'gall, we went in 3 nights in a row with the 3rd night ending in 200k, 150k, 100k, 34k wipes consecutively before it got too late for people to stay. I hear on other servers with guilds on the same progression as us just clearing 3/4 in 10, and doing Cho'gall on 25... they one shot it, with only a little over half the people knowing the fight. I dont understand how you could tune something that badly.

-Visuals
I see games like Rift, Aion, etc all very eye-catching games... and I think "Wow, why am I still player a game that looks like it game out with the intendo 64?" Ive played Warcraft since Vanilla, I remember when I could use old "12 healing power and 4 spell damage" gear to solo elites that others couldnt, and the game quality back then was great. It wasnt some kind of old Roleplaying Strategy Game with bad graphics, it was fresh and new. Every day, I look at my 6 year old main and think of trashing it to go play some new fresh game with better graphics.

This is another thing where you cant please everyone, my computer isnt top of the line, I get around 50 FPS in raids with everything on low except view distance but even it can play in the rift beta with ease. I understand the reason you dont fix graphics is because you would have to update your old servers and actually force some bad computers to upgrade or quit, but I think if possible at all it would be nice to see a way for the people with those nice computers to get updated graphics, character creations, etc.

I want to end by saying, you didnt get to the top with ALL original ideas, and with that said, you should try to stay on top by doing the things that other companies are also doing... borrow ideas, add a twist and make them your own.

If you keep things the way they are I doubt, this game will make it to your estimated level 100, you're going to need something bigger than a Cataclsym (made me laugh). One thing I do think you'll need is updated graphics.

-Porra of Arathor
Just out of interest, could you please post some screenshots of the horrible graphics you are seeing?
I really dont care that much about graphics. IMO, Rift's graphics weren't that much better, especially considering it is coming out 7 years later. Not much improvement at all.
Bump so it doesnt get washed, also not entirely sure if this is the right place. Dont often use the forums and couldnt see a feedback thread other than "Website Feedback"
Honestly my graphics arent that bad, I had them on ultra all of wrath with around 50 FPS, but Ive only got 2 sticks of RAM so I tuned it down this expansion. There isnt a "huge" difference after a while, just less flashy.
02/02/2011 6:38 PMPosted by Squick
-Difficulty
This is another hot topic in warcraft, it seems that nowadays you're either a "wrathbaby" or "hardcore". This isnt likely going away anytime soon either, its everywhere in life... whether you're on 4chan with "old#%!" v "new#%!" or America v Europe threads, but I do think you couldve tuned things a little better. (This is coming from somebody who raided 5 nights a week for 4-5 hours a night)

If you feel that heroics are too hard, do normal modes.

Nobody is angry with players for being bad. We are angry with bads for ignoring the content suited for them, attempting the much harder content, and then whining that it's hard.

Heroics are far from hard, I cleared 3-4 the day after I hit 85 and already have my Glory mount (Took me a LOOOOONG time in Wrath). Nothing is hard, I feel that 10 and 25 mans are horribly tuned.

Heroics are far from hard, I cleared 3-4 the day after I hit 85 and already have my Glory mount (Took me a LOOOOONG time in Wrath). Nothing is hard, I feel that 10 and 25 mans are horribly tuned.

Haha, right right right. "It's not me, it's everyone else who's bad!". That's the cry I see most commonly.

The other one is "It's not hard, I just don't have 3 hours for a heroic!". Hint: If you weren't bad, the heroic wouldn't take longer than ~20 minutes for the easy ones (lost city) and 45 for the longer ones.

Do. Normal. Modes. With rep you can suit up in mostly 346s and some epic 359s without ever doing a heroic. You can earn Justice Points in normals next patch as well.

Am I being trolled? I didnt say a single thing about heroics in my post. I simply said that 10 & 25 arent "even" like they said.