Will you be changing Heroics then?

General Discussion
Prev 1 2 3 11 Next
I wasn't aware that making Altairus' updraft visible so that you can actually tell where to stand based on the wind instead of just running around him until you get the buff would suddenly make him trivial.
We didn't implement any across-the-board nerfs to Heroic dungeons based on player feedback. Some encounters were more difficult than others, some trash pulls were too unforgiving or extraneous, etc. After being able to review statistics from a much larger sample audience, we determined these changes better reflect our original design intent. On the same note, as Ghostcrawler mentioned, some bosses were easier than we expected and are being buffed.

All of the specific changes to dungeons or boss encounters are being made to better align all of the Heroic dungeons with our intended difficulty level.

The Luck of the Draw buff, however, is being made in response to the feedback we're seeing on the forums, as well as the statistics we've been reviewing which reflect all types of dungeon party trends. We feel it's a good way of closing the disparity between the success of pick up groups and the success of preformed groups, without trivializing the content for some players to appease others.
LotD buff seemed a bit unneeded, but I can deal with it. Wait, I have an idea, what if......and this is just me, people got a stat increase for their role/class/spec for LotD buff!
02/04/2011 8:18 PMPosted by Zarhym
We didn't implement any across-the-board nerfs to Heroic dungeons based on player feedback. Some encounters were more difficult than others, some trash pulls were too unforgiving or extraneous, etc. After being able to review statistics from a much larger sample audience, we determined these changes better reflect our original design intent. On the same note, as Ghostcrawler mentioned, some bosses were easier than we expected and are being buffed.

That's totally reasonable. :D

The Luck of the Draw buff, however, is being made in response to the feedback we're seeing on the forums, as well as the statistics we've been reviewing which reflect all types of dungeon party trends. We feel it's a good way of closing the disparity between the success of pick up groups and the success of preformed groups, without trivializing the content for some players to appease others.

This, however, i'm not a fan of, but it seems to be the only reasonable compromise to make.

Is that really what you are seeing? I have seen around 1/3 of the groups I have been in with 3-4 premade members and coordination they dont got, I have on average seen better coordination between PuGs than those in partial premades, in part at times because they are a premade to carry a new person or they know they would get kicked from a group if they solo queued; sure I am a small sample size.

The main reason for this buff is about helping out the fresh 85s and helping others carry the rest who just dont cut it. Although for a buff that wasnt working in many dungeons, wouldn't a 15% buff be a bit high and place those who are with a partial premade at a disadvantage when you do get stuck with those premades who are bellow the average solo RDF player or is it going to get applied to all that are not full premade and at least one member who used random queue instead of specific queue?
troll comment about elitest jerks
comment about epeens
more trolling
troll OP
more trolling
comment about dungeons not being raids
crescendo troll
sad laughing end

I'm tired, and this is better than what I could come up with right now. Maybe I can comment later without trolling and articulate my point better.

I have never had trouble with heroics at any point in time.

It is fine that Blizzard is nerfing and also buffing different encounters. This is a process known as tuning. The world will go on.
Yeah, I don't get the design intent for heroics, once you pass 335ilvl it's back to lolwutCC wrath style. Ever since last weekend, I've seen the skill of players in LFD drop dramatically (I run 6~ heroics daily). I'm assuming it's from poeple getting carried through by all the people who grinded it out. These people getting carried don't know boss mechanics because once you're over 335ish, they don't matter. This buff really doesn't help the situation.
as a "organized group" this 15% buff has nothing to do with you, unless you hate the fact that pugs are going to have a 10% increase bonus at heroic (which i think has nothing to do with heroic being steamroll, because they still will not be, bad players will always be bad players with or without a 10% increase) as a "organized group" you never have the 5% in the first place (like the icc buff) so there really is nothing to be remove for "organized group". unless you want blizzard to give a -15% stat/damage/hp/healing for "organized group" so heroics can feel harder.
When will you finally get it? Nerfing the "harder" bosses while buffing the "easier" bosses will still, in the end, be a nerf because the easier bosses will still be fairly trivial and the harder bosses will be brought down to this fairly trivial level as well.
Fully 2/3 of the new patch changes are reductions in difficulty in the dungeons. Anyone who says theyve read the patch notes and think there are more buffs need to buy some glasses.
Fully 2/3 of the new patch changes are reductions in difficulty in the dungeons. Anyone who says theyve read the patch notes and think there are more buffs need to buy some glasses.

Some of the things should have been there from the beginning. Better visuals on Ozruk and Altarius aren't "buffs", for example.

but thing is it's only the complainers who are posting on the forum

people who are running and pugging the dungeons as they are, are playing the game.

I'm sure you felt this way when they used this excuse to change the WotLK philosophy, right?
but thing is it's only the minority complainers who are posting on the forum

the majority of people who are running and pugging the dungeons as they are, are playing the game.

and the "minority" (I really wish someone had stats to back up majority and minority claims instead of just making them up) is here complaining because they can't play the game.