Bliz, PLEASE add a graphic to blood shield

Death Knight
I love blood shield. But having no graphic for it (or if there is one its so faint I cant pick it up) makes me feel empty inside. My suggestion? The disc priest Divine Aegis with a red hue. In fact I believe the graphic might already be in because I swear Ive seen a very similiar effect from an npc ability. At the moment Im using an addon to show a shield type arc around me just so that I know BS is active and it makes me feel a little better. But I would gladly drop it if I could have this instead.

Edit: changed to make my grammar not look like it was written by a 12 year old
I would have said the small red antimagic zone that you see when fighting Vanessa Vancleaf.
There is already enough crap all over the place on a typical fight with all of these healing circles on the ground now, another visual effect to clutter your screen is probably not what you really want.
I was just thinking about that the other day. It would be pretty cool... maybe something like paladins' Divine Protection, but more blood-ish.

http://www.wowhead.com/spell=498#screenshots:id=101422

that one, not bubble.
Remember Divine Aegis is not the disc priest aoe bubble, its their one-person crit bubble. Im not asking for a red-colored AMZ, and I dont want more aoe crap on the ground, I want a semi-transparent red bubble around myself.
i agree with adding a graphic, but when i think of blood shield i think of the death knight taking the blood he's just spilled and hardening it on himself like armor. so i think making the dk turn red when blood shield is up would be good enough to show a healer you are protected or not, plus keep the clutter at a minimum
I used to have my own little aura for Blade Barrier and Blood Shield from Power Auras and it would light up around my toon faintly and make noises when it dropped

Then after a long while I just decided it was too much since BB uptime was 90% and BS uptime was 40%
09/17/2012 10:19 AMPosted by Bravado
i agree with adding a graphic, but when i think of blood shield i think of the death knight taking the blood he's just spilled and hardening it on himself like armor. so i think making the dk turn red when blood shield is up would be good enough to show a healer you are protected or not, plus keep the clutter at a minimum

Even though that makes no sense since you get Blood Shield when you heal yourself, not when you take damage. It's better to think of it like a vampire getting stronger after drinking blood.

On that note, we should get a sparkly graphic effect for Blood Shield. Because everybody knows vampires sparkle.
While it's nice in theory to have the Blood Shield show as an effect. It's up so frequently and at times may not even fall while soloing? It could be argued that making a spell effect would become obnoxious for some players. Depending on the effect it could also override a lot of things on your character such as a casts healers are using on you. Trinket procs and others things as well in the future. Here is another example. What if they added a design to appear while your shield is up that appears above you're character like all the other procs in the default ui? Answer would be that for many players it would be ALWAYS up and they'd just end up ignoring it and likely complain that it's always showing. In the end it would just become screen clutter just like it would if it was an effect on your character.

TLDR, nice in theory but truly just clutter and not needed.
I'd love something like this.
Or having nothing would be good. I vote for having nothing happen when I have Blood Shield up

If you are super concerned about seeing whether or not blood shield is up, there are a number of solutions you can use RIGHT NOW without Blizzard modifying anything (blood shield tracker, powerauras, weakauras, and so on). If you aren't super concerned about when blood shield is up then you don't need the spell animation ... all it's gonna do is make you red 1/2 the time and not improve your play at all
Also keep in mind as a developer stand point. The more you add on top of the default the more complicated it can get and more likely for bugs to arise. Also coupled with the more bulk you add to the default client the higher requirements for systems to run your game. While it's more reasonable to have strict requirements for a newer game's launch. It can actually have you lose some customers to add hefty requirements to a game after the fact. Blizzard has done this before of course with expansions by doing things like upgrading the game's graphics but if they started adding effects to every buff and so on it would be bulky to no end. Not to mention with every class and about every buff they have? You'd just see every class as red, blue, green and so on.

So for example what happens if they add color effects and shields to everything in game it would likely start to conflict and even make some moot. I'm tanking and I have blood shield so I turn red. A healer uses whatever HoT and make's me green to? Yay now i"m brown. Okay now i'm also bubbled boom I'm yellow to? Usually if they have you even adjust via color and so on it's usually to portray debuffs like frost spell slows but if it was say to just signify a caster's proc to gain mana? Useless and spammy because it's notified to them when they see they have more mana.

I'd actually venture to say a bunch of the new effect things are almost overkill. A destruction warlock becomes molten all over. A demo lock get's left over horns as if a demon and so on due to the game not being sure how to represent it. Next thing you know whatever other effects would just sit there non stop confused as to what to show. You could end up with perma blood shield display actually losing it's purpose. Kind of like sometimes on my lock I'm sitting at a single ember or none at all while my entire body and hands are still on fire.
Yes blood shield tracker is a great addon to track blood shield. It can also track all absorbs on u, runic power, est heal from DS etc etc.

Magic runes and Blood shield tracker are my fave DK addons.