Decade long WoW player explains subscriptions

General Discussion
12/26/2015 03:31 PMPosted by Katylee
The government can't even run social security without screwing it up and you think they're going to spy on 300 million Americans effectively?

Does the government datamine? Sure. But to e honest, you're just that important for the government to spy on. Nor does anyone in the NSA want to stare at your face all day through your cell phone.

Ha! That is my exact argument when people start getting all uppity about the government 'spying' on them. Guess what? My grocery store tracks everything I buy, 'cause I use my store card to get the 'discount' prices in the store. They then sell that to multiple companies and data farming agencies, who then proceed to send me tailored coupons and mail. THAT actually happens. The government is not spying on me, I mean nothing to them.

Your local store is tracking what you buy so they can send you new advertisements and to figure out what is selling and what is not selling.
Its simple really. Millions of people have quit playing for the exact same reason
millions have quit playing any and all games long before WoW.
They get tired of playing the same game all the time. Once enough of their
friends no longer play, they move on.
It does not matter what they will do or would of done. Millions would have
left because they were tired of playing.
12/26/2015 03:20 PMPosted by Chickaboom

Oh, I see now. Sorry, I didn't see the tin foil hat at first.

I leave you to your delusions, good sir. I look forward to seeing your post on the fake moon landing.

The moon landing was, like, totally fake. Kubrick let us know all about it when he made The Shining.

/nods
12/26/2015 03:36 PMPosted by Mursh
Its simple really. Millions of people have quit playing for the exact same reason
millions have quit playing any and all games long before WoW.
They get tired of playing the same game all the time. Once enough of their
friends no longer play, they move on.
It does not matter what they will do or would of done. Millions would have
left because they were tired of playing.

Exactly, all things lose their luster with age and people start to move on.
12/26/2015 03:13 PMPosted by Kaìne
All companies use Facebook and other social sites to gather information about employees, despite what they might tell you.

The tinfoil is strong in this one.
So you played for a. Time and know feel you have a right to tell us how to think?
Please go back. Into retirement.
12/26/2015 02:51 PMPosted by Kaìne
I came across a youtube video today where people on the video were trying to answer the question...."Why is World of Warcraft losing millions of subscriptions?"

As much as you'd think that people would know what kinds of things they liked, everybody is wrong. Nobody has any idea. Even the devs are so clueless that they've given up and started focusing on how they can squeeze a bit more out of the few who are left.

They rolled the perfect dice when they made this game and when they started molding it, refining it, making it more fair and more rewarding, it stopped being nearly as fun. Who am I, but another from among a million voices, all saying different things?

I could go into great lengths about what I think will make the game better for me, but instead of wasting my time, I'll just hope that fate can task me with being a game dev with the resources to create my dreams one day.
12/26/2015 03:31 PMPosted by Katylee
The government can't even run social security without screwing it up and you think they're going to spy on 300 million Americans effectively?

Does the government datamine? Sure. But to e honest, you're just that important for the government to spy on. Nor does anyone in the NSA want to stare at your face all day through your cell phone.

Ha! That is my exact argument when people start getting all uppity about the government 'spying' on them. Guess what? My grocery store tracks everything I buy, 'cause I use my store card to get the 'discount' prices in the store. They then sell that to multiple companies and data farming agencies, who then proceed to send me tailored coupons and mail. THAT actually happens. The government is not spying on me, I mean nothing to them.

^this

It's not the government doing all the spying its the googles and facebooks and online stores and credit companies you willingly give information to every time you shop or use a service.

Think loyalty programs are there to reward loyal customers? think again. The main purpose is to farm data

12/26/2015 03:51 PMPosted by Qamaits
All companies use Facebook and other social sites to gather information about employees, despite what they might tell you.

The tinfoil is strong in this one.

It is becoming more and more common for companies to check the facebook of job applicants and even employees, better not post a pic of you sunning yourself on the beach after you call in sick

you may think it is tinfoil but he is right to a degree
12/26/2015 02:56 PMPosted by Drogyn
If you played for a decade but haven't logged on in a very long time, I'm curious what you define as a "very long time"? Honestly curious. Weeks, months?

Looks like a VERY long time is 3 months or there about.
All companies use Facebook and other social sites to gather information about employees, despite what they might tell you. If you are going to sue anyone....you should probably start with the NSA.

This. As much as it pains me to say it, and as bad as the privacy situation in our country has become, he's right. I wish he wasn't.

But he is.

You put something online - it's there forever. You put something on your computer - it's there forever barring HDD scrub (lol @ "format") and or demagnetization or out and out destruction.

You're living in a fool's paradise if you think otherwise.
The game isn't dieing because of its age

Vanilla wow is 11 years old and has a higher population then the most popular live server. People still play cs 1.6 all the time among other stupidly old games. If it's fun people will play it.

The game is dieing because blizzard has been shafting resources for years now for other projects. The 'giant increase' the dev team got was literally more art guys. Sure model quality has gone up, but actual game quality has tanked so hard over the last half a decade.
What in the world does Facebook have to do with WoW?

Methinks this is some sort of tinfoil hat thread.
12/26/2015 04:57 PMPosted by Perigort
What in the world does Facebook have to do with WoW?

Methinks this is some sort of tinfoil hat thread.

http://zapatopi.net/afdb/

has been worn by the OP in this thread many times.
The length of a post is a balancing act.

To the left, the person needs to say enough to clearly convey their point.
To the right, they shouldn't talk or ramble to where it blurs their point.

It helps to wait before the submit, remove all one can from a post, and -then- hit post.
12/26/2015 05:03 PMPosted by Snowfox
The length of a post is a balancing act.

To the left, the person needs to say enough to clearly convey their point.
To the right, they shouldn't talk or ramble to where it blurs their point.

It helps to wait before the submit, remove all one can from a post, and -then- hit post.

accuracy is important too. By taking a 'hey I heard it on the internet so it much be true' approach to posting you tend to look silly.
I'm sorry, and this is awefully petty of me to say this, but I can't take you seriously having a tauren paladin wearing judgement armor with a subject title saying " decade long wow player ".

I didn't read anything you said, no.. just no.
(vanilla players will understand)
12/26/2015 05:15 PMPosted by Naisfrost
I'm sorry, and this is awefully petty of me to say this, but I can't take you seriously having a tauren paladin wearing judgement armor with a subject title saying " decade long wow player ".

I didn't read anything you said, no.. just no.

see I didn't look at that as I have a Pandaren using Rhok'delar, Longbow of the Ancient Keepers
12/26/2015 03:01 PMPosted by Somaliu
12/26/2015 02:57 PMPosted by Kaìne

I apologize for caring about the game and speaking up so that it hopefully doesn't go down in flames.

1) you are a moron

[/quote]

I may disagree with the OP but there is no call for that.
12/26/2015 05:20 PMPosted by Simplyred
<span class="truncated">...</span>

1) you are a moron

I may disagree with the OP but there is no call for that.

if you read the rest of the thread, he proved me right.