Farewell, Blizzard.

General Discussion
Prev 1 14 15 16 19 Next
This thread is still going?

I'm still down for having your stuff and again I say see you in Legion.
The core stats aren't really in place. Shaman once gained attack power from strength. Auto-attack is less useful than ever, so when I think of where the game is, it has to have some measurable correlation between actions per minute and undivided attention from the player.

Gaining statistics from items is not magical when anyone can get an uncommon item that does so. I think the attraction to itemizing gameplay is exactly why every specialization can obtain an Artifact weapon. Using a legendary weapon could be the new naked dueling of Legion.

The story is still there, but you can still skip quest text in preference of the high APM combat part of the game.

What I think Legion is representing is immortality in virtual settings. Game testers jobs are to kill their character in as many ways possible. If they survive a wall clip or a fall, someone has to fix that.

Illidan, an immortal himself, graces the cover. I think we're tired of watching the same death animations. Dances can wait, if you've wiped in Mythic raids or lost an Arena match recently, your /sigh is more than just a long, drawn-out expression outside of whichever realm you play on.

If skin modding were allowed like it once was and an accelerated gore setting allowed for some more graphical appeal, more people would flock back from the heavier more blood laden MMO games out there. That's just an opinion, but we do share this T rated world so from a development standpoint there would need to be restrictions on art.

--

A good point not one person brings up is how Battle.net changed the game. Your friends can see you play on Moon Guard low level alts. You can pester people in a raid with private Battle.net chat. You can talk to someone playing Hearthstone while questing in Stranglethorn.

When there was no Battle.net, there was a challenge in seeking friends to cooperate with. I'm not going to cynically advise going off of the grid, but it brings up a strong case for enhancing the fiction, the text portion of the game, to change the way role playing is handled in the default UI, so that more people will appreciate their characters rather than watch death animations on some luls worthy character name for a PvP realm boosted ganker banker.
I also just noticed my first post made it to -86 on down votes that is awesome that is defiantly a new record.

I want to thank you all for that.
Pulling, I'm pulling out. No pun intended. Its clear they passed the design torch to some rookies. These kids are just trying not to screw up the most successful MMO ever.

Whoever at blizzard decided to make "Class Halls" needs to be fired. I know that's harsh but seriously why would I want to sit in a make believe room with a bunch of strangers that all play the same class as me. ITS REDICULOUS! The idea is beyond stupid. I hope to have no other paladins in my raids it just makes no sense. Why would anyone spend time there unless its necessary for an item or vendors.
12/29/2015 07:04 PMPosted by Bigoperator
Pulling, I'm pulling out. No pun intended. Its clear they passed the design torch to some rookies. These kids are just trying not to screw up the most successful MMO ever.

Whoever at blizzard decided to make "Class Halls" needs to be fired. I know that's harsh but seriously why would I want to sit in a make believe room with a bunch of strangers that all play the same class as me. ITS REDICULOUS! The idea is beyond stupid. I hope to have no other paladins in my raids it just makes no sense. Why would anyone spend time there unless its necessary for an item or vendors.

The fact that they passed the torch on to some rookies has been quite clear for sometime now but no one wants to admit that because they are to busy trying to suck up.
12/29/2015 06:56 PMPosted by Pulling

WoW is on the downhill stretch of the product lifecycle. A lot of people who leave will never come back. That trite little "see you in Legion" is less true now than ever before.
I agree Jandarus. I was always the one saying that in previous expansions to others. I never had a feeling to truly quit for good in the past 10 years until just returning from a year off last week.
12/29/2015 07:08 PMPosted by Jandarus
12/29/2015 06:56 PMPosted by Pulling

WoW is on the downhill stretch of the product lifecycle. A lot of people who leave will never come back. That trite little "see you in Legion" is less true now than ever before.

Hey if he never comes back he might as well give me his stuff or else it will just go to waste.
Sure make a toon on Nerzhul horde and ill give you all my gold.
12/29/2015 07:12 PMPosted by Bigoperator
Sure make a toon on Nerzhul horde and ill give you all my gold.

Deal I'm always lookin for a new server to play on anyway.
I decided to give it to someone else. Tough luck.
12/29/2015 07:16 PMPosted by Bigoperator
I decided to give it to someone else. Tough luck.

All good fam I got ways of making gold.
12/28/2015 02:31 AMPosted by Lambulance
I watched as those who made the amazing game that captivated millions and broke nearly ever gaming record to date get replaced by a generation of game developers who grew up calling Angry Birds and Farmville engrossing and compelling games.

The old standby of "these new devs suck!" is nothing but a load of crap.
Well, since I've previously played a lot valve games, maybe some EAs, Ubisoft ones as well. I'd say that they are no better than Blizzard. I understand that Blizzard's recent products are not satisfying enough, but Blizzard is still less profit-oriented than most other studios.

Blizzard first introduced me to the world of true video games. Although I feel bored once and tried many other games, after all the experience with other studio's works, I eventually realized that Blizzard is the place I should stay. It is true that they sometimes make a game very disappointing and frustrating, but they at least will listen to us, more than any other studio does, for they still seek to improve the quality of the games and enhance our gaming experience as much as they can. It might be true as you stated that some of the new producers/designers are young and lack of skills, but it is the intention to improve the quality of the games and enhance our gaming experience that is the most important and valuable thing. Being young and lack of skills can always be solved as long as those involved are patient enough, and Blizzard is a company with great patience.

Since I am not native in English, I do not expect my post to be convincing enough, but I just want to say that after all the games I have ever tried, Blizzard games are the most worth-playing ones for me.

Hmm, what else? I do see some problems with Blizzard's development team and I am seeking the chance to join them. But before that I need to seek to get a master degree and accumulate enough working experience and skills to meet their requirements. lol

Well wait, may I ask what your main is? Which Blizzard game did you play most and may I see your profile? If you say your main is in another WoW account I'd like to have a link to it. And if you say that you've been playing since those like StarCraft or WarCraft, I'd expect to see your main game profile after them, like a SC2/D3 profile, etc. Don't misunderstand me, given that you claim to have a long time playing Blizzard games, I just want to see what I have missed compared with a player like you. But given the profile of this posting alt, your statement hardly remains convincing.
They need less people with MA and more gamers. I made millions giving Taco Bell new ways of satisfying customers. Yes thank me for their new breakfast menu. I could do the same with Blizzards current mess.
He will be back let's all be realistic about this. He is just lookin for sympathy.
12/28/2015 09:37 AMPosted by Raredwarf
Yes the game has changed, and in my opinion? Not for the better. I remember when I made my first toon, I was so poor and broke, that when I finally had ONE (1) gold, I was thrilled. To me, it felt like nothing was given for free. To shoot arrows? You had to buy them. To make a portal? You had to have the runestone to make 1. Can't equip a weapon because your skill wasn't high enough? You had to kill things. Run over water? You get dismounted. It was like you create a character, and Blizzard drops you in the middle of nowhere and you have to live thrive and survive by doing anything you can (I assumed to get my first bow for my hunter, I'd have to carve it from a log).

Some will say good riddance to those pesky ways (out of arrows in a dungeon? Hope noone notices). The game just felt more.......'Survivor"-type instead of how it is now. Maybe I'm old-fashioned, but back then the game (to me) had character, you had to be prepared (if not, suck it up).

I miss it. -_-

Well said!!!! I remember those days with pure nostalgia! You had to work for everything.
Come play on Nostalrius dude. its more populated than my actual server.