Is Rot comp viable

Arenas
Idk if it's actually rot comp or not but unh/frost Dk and AFF lock / healer, is it a good comp for 3s with lots of pillar humping I'd assume? And then for 2s would it work good or not very well with AFF dk
From what I've seen last time it was discussed, people didn't like it since your Lock just gets bullied the entire game by turbo/walking dead while you don't have enough peel from a DK to protect him.
We definitely need to define "viable".

Hpal Shadowcleave is brutal pressure, but you're susceptible to melee cleaves. Your warlock just gets !@#$ing trained and there is little avenue to counter-play that. You essentially need to peel with damage, which becomes difficult against something like Turbo. If you dare try to play it with a Rshaman you'll know true pain as DK/Afflic can't keep you alive against the train. Grip, Gateway, Unleash Sprint + Windwalk, Healthstones, they buy you some time. But you're delaying the inevitable.

It's fine, as a comp. It can even be scary. With an Hpal I'd call it T2.
But in a meta without mongocleaves it would be a good comp to play still? Could probably handle the sadness until Legion comes out if the comp is good against actual teams
12/24/2015 08:59 AMPosted by Doctoor
But in a meta without mongocleaves it would be a good comp to play still? Could probably handle the sadness until Legion comes out if the comp is good against actual teams

Depends. Traditionally, Shadowcleave was effective because of the nightmare it was to heal against. You could stack a couple hundred thousand absorption with Necrotic with absolutely disgusting DoT pressure between Unholy and Afflic. Your enraged pet did monstrous cleave damage too, and when you'd add On-Use trinket + Gargoyle to the mix !@#$ just died. I ran it extensively in Cata on my warlock. I had Cunning of the Cruel and my DK had the Heroic [Gurthalak, Voice of the Deeps]. If he got 2-3 tentacle spawns it was good game, instantly.

Now? Meh. Unholy damage is decent but dwarfed by Dual-Wield Frost pressure. Affliction damage is also solid, but not lethal with the way healing is scaling. And just as back then, Shadowcleave still has limited peel potential. Shadowfury allows some unleashed surges, grip + windwalk can spoil a hard swap. Gateway has been nerfed to %^-* but it still has uses. But at the end of the day your warlock is just going to get shut down until the mongoloids decide to turn their sights on your blue. In the case of Walking Dead and Ebola you won't even get the luxury of waiting for the swap.

The meta isn't right for Shadowcleave right now.
its alright
you can play it to glad range
From DK POV it is a very fun comp to play. The lock has to be able to get pressure out while being tunneled for you to have any success against melee cleaves though.
12/24/2015 08:59 AMPosted by Doctoor

I remember it being pretty good back in MoP. Maybe with Necrotic Strike coming back it'll be good. That was a really big part of playing DKs back then.
Thanks for the input my lovely little grubbers
In S11 all i played was shadow cleave on my dk. I only got to 2200 playing it but it's a ton of fun when Unholy is viable. the pressure is insane if you play it right, but in the current state turbo and wwdk and really any other melee cleave will stop your lock from getting anything out.
turbo is more of a rot cleave then shadowcleave atm
12/24/2015 10:01 AMPosted by Mordusz
turbo is more of a rot cleave then shadowcleave atm

Y U NO COME 2 MY TUES RBGS?! Killing me, fam.
shadowcleave is glad viable