Bot questions for guys. Pet targeting

Arenas
I'm going through these logs that people are sending and I'm seeing players targeting pets like shadow fiend.

and going through their attack rotation on these.. Is there any legitimate reason to do this? Or is this likely an attack script that is just attacking anything it can target.

email combat logs too (zip em up please)

wowcombatlogs@gmail.com
depends on the bot and how it is written, generally the player controls who they target and the bot will attack the most optimal target regardless of who you are on, unless specified otherwise.

basically, the target can be irrelevent, and is usually chosen by the player and not the bot
Well on a personal level, I target pets to get orbs/evangelism stacks on my priest.
i dont think temporary pets like shadowfiend/elementals would ever be legitimately targeted. hunter pets are a grey area. killing lock/mage pets actually helps a lot and is good to do
Bots auto agony my fel hunter when I summon for a second Cs, dumb thing to do really since I sac it 5s later
I hit anything I can get my hands on while LoSing and healing to judgment and heal.
12/26/2015 11:53 PMPosted by Minitalis
Is there any legitimate reason to do this?

There can be several "legit" reasons to kill a pet/guardian.

For example it might not be a bad idea to kill mirror images if you can because they deal a lot of damage and have low HP.

Lock pets give their owners 20% passive damage reduction, so killing them is also a good idea whenever possible.

I can't think of a legit reason to kill a shadowfiend unless it followed you behind a pillar or something and you're trying to drop combat (as a rogue, for example).
in an RBG setting no clue, but sfiend in arena can do a good chunk of dmg which can be negated by killing it quickly.

I use my mouseover banish put fire eles and mindbenders out of action for as long as possible.

And if you're a non-lock and in a situation where there's a shadowfiend on you and you can't attack anything else, why not? killing it can give combo points, proc post-kill healing passives like dark succor etc, the list goes on.

Only pet I don't view as particularly worth killing is huntard pets, unless you immediately plan on swapping to them so they can't sac roar themselves and you want to force more CDs.

Not sure about bot mentality at all, though. Ur better of asking whoever wrote it.
Thanks for the feedback.

What I've been seeing is locks casting Agony, corruption, and UA on shadowfiends when I go through these logs and I couldn't make sense of it.

Then I do see some locks that start casting on shadowfiends then stop. They'll get UA on them then switch targets.
12/27/2015 09:33 AMPosted by Minitalis
Thanks for the feedback.

Is there a way to see how quickly DoTs are reapplied to targets that were Decursed?

That time interval will be the telling sign of a rotation bot for Affl. Locks, namely in an RBG setting.

These rotation bots often do make poor decisions, like DoTing targets with defesives up over other targets, DoTing temporary pets/minions, etc. Ultimately the best Affl. Locks are still pulling higher numbers than bots, but it does make the 1500 RBG hero far too capable.
12/27/2015 09:48 AMPosted by Grunzevald
12/27/2015 09:33 AMPosted by Minitalis
Thanks for the feedback.

Is there a way to see how quickly DoTs are reapplied to targets that were Decursed?

That time interval will be the telling sign of a rotation bot for Affl. Locks, namely in an RBG setting.

These rotation bots often do make poor decisions, like DoTing targets with defesives up over other targets, DoTing temporary pets/minions, etc. Ultimately the best Affl. Locks are still pulling higher numbers than bots, but it does make the 1500 RBG hero far too capable.

Yes that module is being worked on. We should be able to see all of that. I'm just finishing up the kick module atm.
12/27/2015 12:30 AMPosted by Jimmyrambo
Bots auto agony my fel hunter when I summon for a second Cs, dumb thing to do really since I sac it 5s later

I'm seeing warlocks casting agony on totems..
These affbots sound pretty dumb on top of being capable of doing like 1.5x my dmg :(

rip.

Forreal tho blizz can like corruption do 5 dmg on application like they gave for spriests who already have instant cast direct damage?

totem stomping for aff is the worst right now.