Healers >>> DPS

General Discussion
Every BG I go into, alliance has more healers than horde.

Would it be so difficult to make the healer limit to 3 per team? Every Dungeon Finder group has 1 tank, 1 healer and 3 dps.

Why cant every every random battleground have 2 healers and 8 dps (3 healers & 12 dps for 15 man groups)?

No one can fix bad players, but seriously fix what can be fixed.
The grass is always greener on the other side. Seems like horde always have more healers to me. Just like if I play dps, it seems like we have no heals, if I play heals, it seems like people live forever but don't have the dps to kill anything.
While it's a novel concept, I think it would still be a bad idea because then it would throttle ques even more and they still wouldn't have any incentive to queue up as the role, besides the 3 healer requirement which wouldn't be very enticing. Now if Blizzard made it so that they got bonus loot or extra honor or something like they do with dungeons on an hourly basis, that might be a good incentive to motivate more players to queue as heals.
Healer quantity is not the end all and be all of randoms. I've won enough times while my team had zero to the enemy's 1-3. It really is about the quality of players, in general.
12/27/2015 11:12 AMPosted by Ishiga
Now if Blizzard made it so that they got bonus loot or extra honor or something like they do with dungeons on an hourly basis, that might be a good incentive to motivate more players to queue as heals.

You'll end up with way too many healers that way, if there's no limit to it.
Having lack of healers is not the end all for everything...

I just think it should be balanced.

As far as longer queue time? Maybe slightly longer for healers & slightly shorter for dps. Balances out in the end.
12/27/2015 11:19 AMPosted by Abendroth
12/27/2015 11:12 AMPosted by Ishiga
Now if Blizzard made it so that they got bonus loot or extra honor or something like they do with dungeons on an hourly basis, that might be a good incentive to motivate more players to queue as heals.

You'll end up with way too many healers that way, if there's no limit to it.

or something like they do with dungeons on an hourly basis

The hourly basis is to prevent the flooding, they would not let it be up constantly.