Unusual RP races

Moon Guard
I have a Broken alt who doesn't have much history, but he's pretty firmly ingrained with the Earthen Ring (like a lot of Broken appear to be since the Cataclysm.) He doesn't hold on too much to the more tribal mindset that the race has as a whole and is really aloof.

I also have a Twilight drake/dragon (she's kind of in the middle stages) but she's been a part of Avaruu's story since Cata. I don't really RP much with the character, but she's for real.

I love secondary races. I'd play every single one if I could.
I play a blue dragon. It's pretty fun, but a bit of a challenge to make it all fit within lore boundaries while still having fun. Too much fanon involved. Thankfully I've never met anyone who seriously opposed things I've done with the character, so that's good.
I created this character out of opportunity. During the anniversary week, I farmed level 1 alts and stocked my bank, as well as every tab I could get, full of gnoll wands.

Now I have a couple years worth of gnoll wands, and I play a pirate gnoll. Pretty fun stuff.
I RP as a Broken, on an alt - Trar'ob the Meek.
Half-orc, half-night elf, sent back in time for the specific purpose of making them an adult within the current lore.

All because I really like the look of a green skinned Night elf death knight.
12/25/2015 12:46 PMPosted by Avaruus
I have a Broken alt who doesn't have much history, but he's pretty firmly ingrained with the Earthen Ring (like a lot of Broken appear to be since the Cataclysm.) He doesn't hold on too much to the more tribal mindset that the race has as a whole and is really aloof.

"We understand more about technology than others, but the concept remains the same. An interconnected family of families. When everything is gone and the walls have come down, you always have family, and your family always has tribe." - Koraton of the Ashtongue Tribe.
Not sure if it's unique, but this alt has multiple personality of a sorts. She was an anchorite that had her body infused with the shadow magics of the soul binders. It shattered her mind. So now she oscillates between being the pure and devout anchorite, and the self centered mildly insane soul binder.
12/25/2015 12:59 PMPosted by Elayne
I play a blue dragon. It's pretty fun, but a bit of a challenge to make it all fit within lore boundaries while still having fun. Too much fanon involved. Thankfully I've never met anyone who seriously opposed things I've done with the character, so that's good.

As long as it isn't 'LOOK AT ME, IMMA DRAGON' and hide it to the point that being a dragon is not a defining characteristic of the character, I don't see a problem with dragon RP. Same rule generally applies to San'layn, albeit with some other factors involved related to villain RP. Dragons would want to not be noticed.
Can I just take a moment to appreciate that the Reflecting Prism item has the potential to completely revolutionize how we RP as other races? Say I want to use my Orb of the Sin'dorei to RP as a High Elf, so long as someone is nearby and in my party, I can b a High Elf indefinitely. Say I want to use my Mark of the Ashtongue to RP as a Broken Draenei, so long as there is someone in my party and nearby, I can be a Broken Draenei forever. With Rogue Pickpocket abilities and Illusion, I can be anything Humanoid, and sustain it forever so long as I can refresh my Illusion. That's how I was able to not only create a Naga character called Hae'jatar, but Role-play it convincingly. It's something i'm really quite happy Blizzard gave us.
Once rped with a Dark Troll.... considering I think they went extinct.

I've seen a gnoll in Org before. There's also an elf/troll hybrid.
I've seen half high elf and half night elf combi.. that or anything half night elf grinds my gears soooo much. I've seen the half night elf half draenei bunch before *shivers* so much lore in accuracies..... unless they were accelerated in age via warlock magic. (From Lord of the Clans novel). I've seen none with that @-@
Most enjoyable "unusual" Rp race. Half Elves since most have to really pull off the social akwardness the race is stereotyped a little on in lore for most of the Half Elves. Which is enjoyable to see. But I also enjoyed a Vrykul Mercanary.
This thread makes me very happy.

I've RP'd as a handful of non-playable races, but unfortunately it's excruciatingly difficult to actually find people who are interested in interacting with them. The times I have had though have been a lot of fun, and I'm always looking forward to picking up in those storylines.

Out of the ones I've played, my favorite has to be a tie between my satyr and naga. I wish I had more opportunities to play those characters. :(

12/27/2015 10:58 AMPosted by Praesius
Can I just take a moment to appreciate that the Reflecting Prism item has the potential to completely revolutionize how we RP as other races? Say I want to use my Orb of the Sin'dorei to RP as a High Elf, so long as someone is nearby and in my party, I can b a High Elf indefinitely. Say I want to use my Mark of the Ashtongue to RP as a Broken Draenei, so long as there is someone in my party and nearby, I can be a Broken Draenei forever. With Rogue Pickpocket abilities and Illusion, I can be anything Humanoid, and sustain it forever so long as I can refresh my Illusion. That's how I was able to not only create a Naga character called Hae'jatar, but Role-play it convincingly. It's something i'm really quite happy Blizzard gave us.

How do you have the patience/number of reflecting prisms to keep that up? Having to do that every 5 minutes must be insanely tedious. I will keep those in mind though, thanks for the tip.
I have a lot of fringe characters that don't really see the light of day; Most of them were NPCs in guild-related plots that I fell in love with and decided to keep around after my story arcs were done.

That being said, I have a dryad, a satyr, a treant, a saberon, and a furbolg that I consider RP characters that originated this way. My warlock also has a magical familiar named Baelfire, so if we want to count him in since he gets RPed along side her, I also RP a magic talking house cat.
I recall seeing a Vyrkul dwarf..and couldn't help but wonder on that..