Can we make Unholy DKs viable again?

Arenas
Please?

Not sure why Frost DKs have more burst AND sustain than Unholy, which is the spec traditionally known for having high sustain and setting up kills methodically.

Don't give me the "but in PvE" excuse - they are also parsing much lower here as well.
BUMP
ANOTHER BUMP
Bring back Necrotic Strike 2016
ya tru
unholy can't be viable without NS unless blizzard applies the classic dk fix: add more damage to make it worth playing over frost
12/27/2015 09:34 AMPosted by Idiotdk
unholy can't be viable without NS unless blizzard applies the classic dk fix: add more damage to make it worth playing over frost

It should at least be competitive with Frost DK sustain.

Truthfully Frost DKs should have a nerf to their sustain and maybe a *slight* buff to their burst.

As stressful as it was to heal against a good Unholy DK who knew how to use NS, Soul Reaper, and force CDs under Dark Sim, it was a unique mechanic that distinguished the good DKs from the bad.
Can we also make Arms as a spec have a more complex rotation that requires more buttons than a console game?
give unholy a passive where 10% of all damage done is converted into a stacking debuff that absorbs healing. make mastery increase this(maybe half and half with current mastery, like disc).
12/27/2015 09:34 AMPosted by Necroticat
ya tru

ur mog is on point
WoD
12/27/2015 10:59 AMPosted by Vyalin
I don't think fdk even needs compensation for a damage nerf

Well, if they have the uptime, they do far too much damage.

Realistically, at higher MMRs, they'll spend much more time in CC, roots, and waddling to their targets as the least mobile melee class in the game.

But yeah, FDKs certainly do not need throughput buffs of any kind.
12/27/2015 11:03 AMPosted by Vyalin
mean, I get it. But with the fdk comps currently, they have the uptime.

Well that in turn depends on what you're queueing into them. And that's where the mechanic design around class/spec niches gets really really complex for developers.

I think the fact that DKs have the least uptime is a deliberate design, and one that is ultimately healthy for the game. It makes sense that their best comps seek to maximize their uptime or utilize their throughput in a dot/rot comp.
12/27/2015 09:29 AMPosted by Grunzevald

Don't give me the "but in PvE" excuse - they are also parsing much lower here as well.

https://www.warcraftlogs.com/rankings/8#class=DeathKnight

That's a lot of Frost DKs in the top 10 of every boss. Oh wait....

Had to edit post since people can't read the first post of a thread.
havent played my dk much this season but was playing Unholy last season I dont think it needs any damage buffs its just missing necrotic strike I feel like the damage is there its just overshadowed by how much frost puts out currently
12/27/2015 11:10 AMPosted by Morgan
https://www.warcraftlogs.com/rankings/8#class=DeathKnight

That's a lot of Frost DKs in the top 10 of every boss. Oh wait....

you know damn well PvE damage out put has nothing to do with what can be pumped out in PvP.