Forced CRZ is the scourge of WoW

General Discussion
1 2 3 26 Next
Years after their introduction, forced cross-realm low-level zones continue to be 100% frustration, and 0% a feature.

Some of us wait with certain types of farming and grinding because we don't experience pleasure in competing with troves of people for a few scarce spawn points. In other cases, we have already done the grinds, but we are now playing an alt.

The whole point of holding off on content; of waiting to do it until the next expansion; is to do that content under a different set of parameters. For example - I don't enjoy the environment of Mythic raiding, but I enjoy challenging content either solo or with my wife. I therefore hold off doing things on Mythic difficulty because I'll have a better experience under a different set of parameters, when a new expansion is out.

With CRZ, that different set of parameters simply ceases to be available for many types of goals in the game.

During MoP, I never completed the dinosaur bone grind on Isle of Giants. I go to check out the island right now. Guess what. ALL OF THE DINOSAURS ARE DEAD. They are one-shottable; and all of them are dead; and about 10 people from various realms are scouring the island.

THIS IS FUN. ARE YOU NOT HAVING FUN?!

All I wanted was a peaceful grind of obsolete content during down time. But no - I have to compete for dinos with 10 other guys!

During MoP, I completed the Emperor Shaohao rep grind. However, I never actually bought the mount, and didn't have enough coins on the character that had rep. So I chose to do the rep grind again on another character that already had the coins.

ALL OF THE REP MOBS WERE CONSTANTLY DEAD. There was literally no time of day; even in the middle of the night; when I did not have to compete for spawn points with the opposite faction, or full 5-man groups from cross-realm.

During MoP, I killed all the Zandalari Warbringers for the achievements, and I was exalted with all the factions on my previous main. However, I could now use the rep items from the Warbringers to level MoP reputations on my new main. I try and check the Zandalari Warbringer spawn points. Lo and behold -

ALL THE WARBRINGER SPAWNPOINTS ARE CONSTANTLY CAMPED.

CRZ has the ostensible purpose of making it seem like the world is populated when you're questing. But in Pandaria, at least, CRZ doesn't do that. All it does is pit against each other a bunch of people who are trying to farm old content, so that FOR AN OBSOLETE EXPANSION, we STILL have to compete for spawn points.

The effect of forced CRZ is 100% awful. There is no benefit to it, that I can discern.
You had me at the subject line. Have a thumb up. Crz ftl!!!
I hate CRZ they add nothing to the game.
I've been leveling alts for over a month now and I disagree, I enjoy seeing other people playing with me. Heaven forbid the world feels real.

You are greatly exaggerating too, it's never that bad.
Yea its almost like playing an MMO again!

The only thing bad about CRZ is the lag when going between zones. Having to exist in a world with other players is what this genre is for.
02/01/2016 06:07 PMPosted by Justenbieber
I've been leveling alts for over a month now and I disagree, I enjoy seeing other people playing with me. Heaven forbid the world feels real.

Every rare spawn point and portal on pvp servers being camped makes you think the world feels more real? LOL good one!
02/01/2016 06:09 PMPosted by Verbatim

Every rare spawn point and portal on pvp servers being camped makes you think the world feels more real? LOL good one!

Ahhh yes back to the exaggeration. Again, been leveling alts for well over a month now and I've yet to find someone camping a rarespawn.

Maybe you should give better evidence for these claims?
Every rare spawn point!

Every rare spawn point should be camped. Competition for resources is a component of an MMO.
02/01/2016 06:09 PMPosted by Verbatim

Rares are rare? What a travesty
agreed Op +1

I've been over this all a hundred times and won't comment further.
02/01/2016 06:11 PMPosted by Yukio
Every rare spawn point!

Every rare spawn point should be camped. Competition for resources is a component of an MMO.

Force players to farm instances alone instead of having a proper balance in the overworld. I didn't roll a toon on Emerald Dream on purpose yet I constantly am in CRZ with that terrible server. It is definitely something that has made me consider leaving this game.

But this is only the outcome in zones with nothing of interest to grind or camp. If there's something of interest to grind, the zone is not going to be populated by quest buddies. It's going to be populated by high-level mains and alts, who are going to be clustered around spawn points.

CRZ in Ashenvale - sure. CRZ in Eastern Plaguelands - sure.

But CRZ on Timeless Isle; CRZ on Isle of Giants... Awful.

In some zones, the situation is clear-cut. Ashenvale interests people who level: CRZ can be tuned up so the zone feels occupied. Timeless Isle interests people on a grind: CRZ can be tuned down, so mobs aren't all dead, all the time.

But with Zandalari Warbringers, there's just no middle ground. If you tune up CRZ so the zone feels occupied, the Warbringers will be constantly camped. And if you tune it down, the zone will feel empty.

Force players to farm instances alone instead of having a proper balance in the overworld. I didn't roll a toon on Emerald Dream on purpose yet I constantly am in CRZ with that terrible server. It is definitely something that has made me consider leaving this game.

But you did roll on an RPPvP server, which is what CRZ helps to supply.
I've despised CRZ every since they first started. Its a pain to farm ANYTHING outside of current content.

Worst "feature" they have ever added to this game.

But you did roll on an RPPvP server, which is what CRZ helps to supply.

Oh sorry you must have missed that I didn't make my character on a super, super high pop realm on purpose. I don't even get any of the benefits of a high pop server because I can't participate in the auction house or trade with the players in my CRZ and I have all of the negatives of playing on the super high pop CRZ server. When I am not in CRZ areas I am not like "WHERE IS EVERONE? WHAT IS GOING ON??????" it is actually completely fine with just my server.

Competition for resources should be intense in current expansion content, not old ones.

For old expansion content, competition is a double whammy. Not only is the content less attractive because it's old, it's doubly less attractive because it's old, yet still being camped.
This really is a wasted thread on these boards. No need to debate and argue this, it's not going away. Blizzard made that very clear. So if you want to continue farting gas than be my guest. Just trying to help.
Just because it's not going away doesn't mean that it can't be improved.

Players could be accommodated by tuning down CRZ in grind zones such as Timeless Isle or Isle of Giants.