Stop thinking about Pathfinder flying as work

General Discussion
Prev 1 12 13 14 21 Next
01/04/2016 03:55 PMPosted by Fumbril
01/04/2016 03:44 PMPosted by Gentlebreeze
I'd help you with that. Send a note in-game to maoling-nazgrel and I'll help you get the reps. She's a relatively fresh 100 gearwise, but I can take you to a non-pvp realm and twobox my hunter to help kill rares as needed.

I really appreciate the gesture, it's good to find some friendly people on the forums. :) I work weird hours, but I'll definitely throw you a note sometime if you're still doing the dailies for yourself--don't worry about carrying my !@# around if you've got other stuff you intend to do, though.

I've been pretty bored in game since I decided to leave my husband for being a lying worm, but that's another sad tale. I enjoy helping like-minded and amiable non-like minded people. =D
01/04/2016 04:30 PMPosted by Ziryus
Unlocking a basic travel feature

That's an oxymoron. If it were basic it wouldn't need to be unlocked, with gold or otherwise. Flight has been a privilege since BC, not a right.

01/04/2016 03:16 PMPosted by Gentlebreeze
Augment runes blow for me because they don't upgrade my already upgraded gear. My main is a hunter. I hate versatility. It's a practically useless stat for me. I don't tend to stand in fire. Why would I choose an item that's a handful of points BELOW what I already have?

Also this is many pages back but I'm not sure what you're talking about, since it isn't the Empowered Augment Rune. The EAR is the permanent, nonconsumable version of the normal Augment Runes you get from LFR bosses and satchels, which increase your primary stat by 50.

AKA Empowered Augment Rune is 50 Str/Agi/Int whenever you're alive. Really good.
01/04/2016 04:27 PMPosted by Cihys
Serious question -- people keep complaining about the terrible awful 2-w3 weeks maximum of dailies to get the rep required for flying and that they "hate grinding rep".

If it was a currency that was rewarded instead of a reputation, would that make it somehow better for you?

Of course done that way would mean you couldn't do the quick easy 3-4 hour max grind group to get the saber reps or buy the medallions.

Does it really matter that the dailies were "reps" -- or is it an attitude thing?

Personally, I think the quality of the content matters. Clearly we were meant to enjoy Tanann Jungle. I have to believe they thought we would like it much more than we did, otherwise their actions simply make no business sense. There are parts of it I liked, such as Zorammarsh and the Throne of Kil'Jaeden

However, you don't have to go far to find someone who felt Blizzard gave up on the expansion, like they did for Cata, and like they did for MoP. Perhaps if they have this huge team now, they should have some of the team making filler content between expansions if they plan to make it a yearly thing. Then you have a dedicated team working on those things and not a team distracted by the next expansion coming down the pipe.
01/04/2016 04:37 PMPosted by Cihys
01/04/2016 04:31 PMPosted by Andurath
only because you can't buy, 'The Pit,'

Pit missive has been buyable for awhile now.

About time. I stopped playing for a few months. That's been my thing lately. Come back for a month, spend the next three not playing.
01/04/2016 04:53 PMPosted by Andurath
About time.

Yeah definitely was needed, especially the way it didn't come up for horde for so long.
That's an oxymoron. If it were basic it wouldn't need to be unlocked, with gold or otherwise. Flight has been a privilege since BC, not a right.

Flying has been a basic feature of the game for more time than it hasn't.

This is a game, discussion of rights and privileges is absurd.
01/04/2016 11:12 AMPosted by Vaust
Yeah. You get rewarded with flying after you do everything you would ever need it for.

Exactly. I find it sort of sad that most people appear to be satisfied with what Blizzard did here. They took away a one of WoW's best features then reluctantly 'gave' it back to us after months of customer protest in the form of a 14+ day grind (more or less depending on how many medallions you can afford blah blah). Not wanting to do this grind is not about being lazy or ungrateful (as most "Blizzard Just Can't Win With You People" white-knight arguments posit), for me it's about not wanting to be a victim of the current administration's spite.

And this was spiteful. These people did not want us to fly in WoD at all, and they don't want us to fly in Legion. The only reason we got this grind was because someone (or a group of people) more important to them than their customer base pushed them into it. Why do it this way instead of making it a flat gold fee for each toon like the other expansions? It's an underhanded slap in the face, and it's disappointing that people are just lapping it up and moving along.
01/04/2016 05:24 PMPosted by Uma
It's an underhanded slap in the face, and it's disappointing that people are just lapping it up and moving along.

To be fair, Pathfinder has a unique perk which makes it more desirable (to me at least) than just buying flight at max level with gold. It unlocked flight account wide. My level 90 character can enter Draenor for leveling and instantly be able to fly without having to cough up gold or slog through 10 levels of content for it. That, to me, is nice.

I'd still prefer a gold option at max level to also be available, but Pathfinder unlocking flight account-wide is still something I feel is a good thing. We just need it for Northrend and Pandaria as well.
I like to think about it as just the game.

If you think the game is like work, you need to find anothelike me.

Not all parts of the game is like work...but, what is part of this meta is. I am sure there are parts of the game you do not like and would not appreciate being made part of a meta for something that has been a part of the game, at (or before) level cap, for a fee...for the past 8 years.
01/04/2016 03:14 PMPosted by Xevon
01/04/2016 11:06 AMPosted by Sigtyr
And start thinking about Pathfinder flying as a reward for playing the game.

Instead of considering WoD Flying to be the default, and Pathfinder as some tyrannical obstacle, consider it from the other side of the spectrum. The only requirements to get WoD Flying are doing WoD content.

It's a reward for playing the game. Not a temporary punishment.

It was always a reward for playing the game the last 8 years. Now it's something we have to wait for till the end of an expansion and that's the way it's going to work in Legion since Blizzard said they were happy with the way flying was in WoD. When the expansion is over, everything has been completed and millions of players left, then we can finally fly.

Yippee! Such a reward!

Unless they've said more that I haven't seen, all they have said is that it will work along the lines that Pathfinder did in WoD. That doesn't mean it's only going to be accessible at the end of the expansion, just not right out of the gate.
And now you can earn Pathfinder in "your own god damn time" too!

lol

Nah bro pathfinder isn't easy for everyone dude like what if I want to pvp and use my god damn mount now I can't ever do anything else in game ever because I have a life and I want to pvp.

Then you don't get to fly.

I'd love to ride a moose mount around the game, but I won't get that unless I raid.
01/04/2016 04:26 PMPosted by Øz
And start thinking about Pathfinder flying as a reward for playing the game.

You mean stop thinking about what used to be essentially free and was taken away from us and grudgingly given back in the form of a ginormous grind because we whined really really hard.

But it wasn't remotely close to a "ginormous grind". Hydraxian Waterlords, THAT is a ginormous grind. The Insane title, that's a ginormous grind. This was a few weeks of dailies, and killing some mobs for a handful of hours, along with the possibility of short-cutting some of the rep by attaining Medallions, dropped or bought on AH. So at most a few weeks of "work", most of which should've been done if you spent any time while leveling doing quests and grabbing treasures.
The only requirements to get WoD Flying are doing WoD content.

That punishment is too severe.
01/04/2016 05:30 PMPosted by Andurath
01/04/2016 05:24 PMPosted by Uma
It's an underhanded slap in the face, and it's disappointing that people are just lapping it up and moving along.

To be fair, Pathfinder has a unique perk which makes it more desirable (to me at least) than just buying flight at max level with gold. It unlocked flight account wide. My level 90 character can enter Draenor for leveling and instantly be able to fly without having to cough up gold or slog through 10 levels of content for it. That, to me, is nice.

I'd still prefer a gold option at max level to also be available, but Pathfinder unlocking flight account-wide is still something I feel is a good thing. We just need it for Northrend and Pandaria as well.

Indeed.
I do not understand why someone would prefer to pay gold for each and every toon that ever sets foot on Draenor instead of just doing a one and done.
Pathfinder... do it one time and every toon you ever create will have Flying unlocked in Draenor for all time.
01/04/2016 06:21 PMPosted by Damiona

Indeed.
I do not understand why someone would prefer to pay gold for each and every toon that ever sets foot on Draenor instead of just doing a one and done.
Pathfinder... do it one time and every toon you ever create will have Flying unlocked in Draenor for all time.

Depends on the price, really. There's no fixed amount.

They could charge a single copper. They could make it 100k gold. They could have you purchase it with ores, herbs, cloth or leather. Or with another currency, like the apexis crystals.
I hear it's easy to get but I don't think I should have to do all that is required for it when in every other expansion I could just go and buy it. It just feels like a waste of time to me.
i did pathfinder..... the only way i made it though was caffine because questing was booorrrrrrrrrrinnnnggg. i used handy notes for treasures got that in a hour or two...... also really boring. and i HATE tennan. once i get revered i have not returned. also did not read a single quest when i was getting loremaster...... i treated it like work and got it done like work. NOT FUN IN THE SLIGHTEST. all i want to do is fly..... not have to go through every hoop...... i hate tedius BS in real life.... why would i want to take enjoyment of it in a game?
01/04/2016 04:39 PMPosted by Sigtyr
01/04/2016 04:30 PMPosted by Ziryus
Unlocking a basic travel feature

01/04/2016 03:16 PMPosted by Gentlebreeze
Augment runes blow for me because they don't upgrade my already upgraded gear. My main is a hunter. I hate versatility. It's a practically useless stat for me. I don't tend to stand in fire. Why would I choose an item that's a handful of points BELOW what I already have?

Also this is many pages back but I'm not sure what you're talking about, since it isn't the Empowered Augment Rune. The EAR is the permanent, nonconsumable version of the normal Augment Runes you get from LFR bosses and satchels, which increase your primary stat by 50.

AKA Empowered Augment Rune is 50 Str/Agi/Int whenever you're alive. Really good.

Since I've yet to see one, or any gear, for that matter, I don't believe they exist.
01/04/2016 05:57 PMPosted by Mishotem
01/04/2016 03:14 PMPosted by Xevon

It was always a reward for playing the game the last 8 years. Now it's something we have to wait for till the end of an expansion and that's the way it's going to work in Legion since Blizzard said they were happy with the way flying was in WoD. When the expansion is over, everything has been completed and millions of players left, then we can finally fly.

Yippee! Such a reward!

Unless they've said more that I haven't seen, all they have said is that it will work along the lines that Pathfinder did in WoD. That doesn't mean it's only going to be accessible at the end of the expansion, just not right out of the gate.

All we've heard is that flying will be available at some point in Legion, after how badly flying was handled in WoD most people aren't happy with "at some point in the expansion". The current lead dev hates flying and basically lied about WoD being flight ready at the flip of a switch so yeah people are fairly skeptical about less than clear answers for legion.

I agree with you in ADDING a Pathfinder meta for those who WISH to do it, and allowing others to buy flying if they so desire.

If you ask each and every person what they find enjoyable about the game, you're bound to get as many different answers, but I can guarantee, at no time, did ANYONE ever say, "OMG ... flight is SO overrated! I sure wish I was slogging through content on my ground mounts forever and have my flying mounts suddenly get super stupid and forget how to fly!"

Flight wasn't broken. No need to fix it.

You put the carrot on the stick. You don't put the carrot in a cage.

The formula is such:

You get to max level, you get to fly.

You can buy flying for each toon for X amount of gold

or

You can complete Xpansion Pathfinder and get flying for all toons in content.

I would rather do pathfinder on a toon of my choosing rather than the one I just happen to get to next cap first, because I normally level a healer first. This time, it was a hunter. That means, one less healer in the queues, and we all need healers, right?