Loot system allows a-holes to run rampant

General Discussion
I joined a mythic SoO run where the loot rules were stated as need > greed, which they were, up until the final boss, when the raid leader switched to master loot and immediately pulled. Many of us stopped fighting, wiped, and left the group as a matter of principle, effectively wasting over an hour of our time and a lockout since many of us were only there for drops from the final boss.

Here are the ninja loot rules:
https://us.battle.net/support/en/article/ninja-looting-policy

My interpretation of these rules are: "You're stupid for trying to use group finder, and if the rules are violated, we might give the RL a slap on the wrist, but we certainly won't do anything to make things right for you, and we're ultimately okay with allowing players to be flagrant a**holes and create miserable gaming experiences for others."

Am I wrong? The same things happened when I played during WotLK and they're certainly no better now, 6 years later.

Why wouldn't the following items have been implemented on day 1 of the game:
  • Permanently ban players who deliberately exploit functionality that breaks rules and/or negatively impacts other players.
  • Get rid of these idiotic loot systems and make everything personal loot with the option to choose spec, or at the very least...
  • Prevent the loot system from being changed once the raid is locked.
At some point Blizzard should probably address the last-second-loot-switch issue.

Eh, throw it on the pile.
A-holes have grown legs? This isn't good for anyone.
This sounds more like a douchebags are going to be douchebags problem than a problem with the system itself.

Even if Blizz managed to come up with a "perfect" solution the douchebags would still find a way to be douchebags.
01/29/2016 10:41 AMPosted by Snowfox
At some point Blizzard should probably address the last-second-loot-switch issue

Easy, when you list the group in the premade finder, the your loot setting could just become unchangeable.

Groups in the finder could display the setting so you can choose to join based on the loot setting.

The only way to change it would be to disband and recreate a new group.

01/29/2016 10:43 AMPosted by Alterlia
Even if Blizz managed to come up with a "perfect" solution the douchebags would still find a way to be douchebags.

No doubt. There are far to many ways to be a douchebag.
Life allows A-Holes to run rampant.

Am I wrong?

Nope.

Everyone knows when you join a group with a random, the loot rules are My Stuff over Other People's Stuff.

It was much easier to join pugs in MOP, because raid leaders would never ever abuse you the way they do now.
01/29/2016 11:08 AMPosted by Elae

Am I wrong?

Nope.

Everyone knows when you join a group with a random, the loot rules are My Stuff over Other People's Stuff.

It was much easier to join pugs in MOP, because raid leaders would never ever abuse you the way they do now.

The moment cross realm was made. No more realm accountability.

Before if you were ninja looting, word ended up spreading and it would become difficult for such a tool to invite anyone. Now if John from god knows what server is being a complete douche, what can you do about it?
Ninja looting is annoying and should be something Blizzard should address more. They could:
1.) If a group is formed via premade group finder, the loot setting has to be selected and that setting cannot be changed as soon as someone joins via the group finder. It can be changed up until someone joins.
2.) If a group is not a guild group, then the loot setting cannot be changed at any point in the run once the instance is entered. To change the loot, everyone has to run back out.
3.) Default non-guild groups to personal loot. To change the loot setting, a vote has to be initiated by the group to accept or reject a loot rule change.
Easy, when you list the group in the premade finder, the your loot setting could just become unchangeable.

or at least once the instance is entered.
01/29/2016 11:08 AMPosted by Elae

Am I wrong?

Nope.

Bull sh...crap. it ran rampant in Mop every bit as much as now. Heck it was even worse.

Honestly group finder needs to just be locked to personal loot and that's that. You still have the old way to form groups if you want to use master ninja...err looter.
01/29/2016 10:42 AMPosted by Shaoeaith
A-holes have grown legs? This isn't good for anyone.

lol