"Raid or Die" has killed WoW.

General Discussion
Prev 1 17 18 19 25 Next
01/05/2016 04:42 AMPosted by Ràger
01/05/2016 04:38 AMPosted by Denàlo
If you are Legitimacy out of things to do, you stop playing untill they add more things for you to do, Why is this such a difficult concept for people to grasp.It's literally how it works now blizzard even said that the majority of players are cyclical that means they logg on play till they are bored then leave then come back, Those few of us who sub All the time are a minority and they cannot cater to the minority because it's physically impossible to make content fast enough to sate the appetite of people who play the game ''all the time''.
Again, why is it so hard for you people to let go for a few months? the game will still be here when legion comes out the game will not collapse if all of you take 6 months off or never come back, new players will replace you.

LMAO see that type of logic is bad.

"If you are out of things to do..quit"

WOW is a service and it is Blizzard job to make sure players are happy. They failed so hard with WOD, that is amazing. They have all this tons of feedback, and they took the worse of it and made WOD.

I do agree more people should quit and NOT come back if wow failed to be a good service. WOD was the worse. Legion is their last chance for giving players a service. It is blizzard job to try and make most of us happy, and they got the feedback to do it.

Rager you and other like you need to refrain from saying things like they failed so hard , or worst ever. Not everyone agrees with you and plenty of people love this expansion. A better way to express your saltiness is I believe... or in my opinion. That is unless you have talked to 10,000,000 subs and wish to ignore the 5,000,000 that remain subbed.
01/05/2016 03:57 AMPosted by Ajkaceratops
I'm genuinely at a loss and have no idea what direction to go in because I'm simply out of things to do.

If you are Legitimacy out of things to do, you stop playing untill they add more things for you to do, Why is this such a difficult concept for people to grasp.It's literally how it works now blizzard even said that the majority of players are cyclical that means they logg on play till they are bored then leave then come back, Those few of us who sub All the time are a minority and they cannot cater to the minority because it's physically impossible to make content fast enough to sate the appetite of people who play the game ''all the time''.
Again, why is it so hard for you people to let go for a few months? the game will still be here when legion comes out the game will not collapse if all of you take 6 months off or never come back, new players will replace you.

The acceptance that Blizzard doesnt need to make anything that isnt mythic raiding last more than a month of a patch is ridiculous. There should be something to do that doesnt involve running instances from 5 years ago.
01/05/2016 03:20 AMPosted by Ravensword
01/05/2016 02:00 AMPosted by Goldbrand
You had heaps of dailies and factions to keep you occupied back in Pandaria. Solo content.

But you all complained about them. So enjoy your lack of content.
Not everyone complained about them.

I enjoyed them. I really was thankful that there were so many with random daily sets and each faction had their story. And they offered progression.

I believe if Blizzard hadn't gated VP gear and raid tokens behind them there wouldn't even have been half the complaints. And it's the gating of everything behind garrison in this xpac that leads to so many complaints. I think garrison would have been received far better if they would have been more like pet battles. You know, really optional. But there is no end game outside of instances without them, professions are severely handicapped without them, missions give way to many rewards etc.
01/05/2016 03:57 AMPosted by Ajkaceratops
I'm genuinely at a loss and have no idea what direction to go in because I'm simply out of things to do.

01/05/2016 04:52 AMPosted by Stratti
I just really do not understand what people want - once you complete WoD 90-100 then you have no more quests , there will be no more till the next expansion. Either pick something to do if you dont want to raid or pvp or log off and leave us alone.

I genuinely question the intelligence of players telling other players to just quit the game. It's short-sighted and a cop-out. Since Blizzard isn't releasing sub numbers anymore, I believe it's fairly safe to assume the number of people is now well-below 5 million, maybe something in the 3-4 million range. Now while most MMO's would kill for these subscriptions, it's not in a good place for WoW to be. The fewer players there are, the more people quit out of frustration since many things are co-op and not solo. The more people quit, the more people start seeing friends and guildies drop like flies. Then these people start wondering why they're playing if their friends aren't playing anymore and they start dropping.

WoW isn't dead, but it's definitely not healthy. Blizzard needs more subs to keep its infrastructure going and to keep committing to the quality we players expect from them. Every player really does count now because we're not at 12 million or even 10 now and I'd bet my bottom dollar we're not even at 5 mil anymore. Every player you run out of the game is a loss for Blizzard which is, in the long run, a loss for you. It's cutting off your nose to spite your face.
01/05/2016 04:44 AMPosted by Ajkaceratops
Don't get me wrong... I still enjoy the game a great deal. I'm just not use to running out of things to do is all.

Things to do or not, this is still a great escape for me.

i understand completely, lucky for me pet battles and building transmogs for 22 characters keeps me pretty busy. but people should not feel obligated to play just because. ( i can't actually think of a legit reason to play if you can't find any enjoyment in it)
01/05/2016 05:37 AMPosted by Ravensword
WoW isn't dead, but it's definitely not healthy. Blizzard needs more subs to keep its infrastructure going and to keep committing to the quality we players expect from them. Every player really does count now because we're not at 12 million or even 10 now and I'd bet my bottom dollar we're not even at 5 mil anymore. Every player you run out of the game is a loss for Blizzard which is, in the long run, a loss for you. It's cutting off your nose to spite your face.

it's 11 years old, it's going to die eventually it's going to drop in subs regardless of what they or we do, people are going to leave regardless of what blizzard does or does not do. the best thing they can do is simply change what they can with the times and try to keep their core ''idea'' for the game.what you people are asking for is unreasonable, the game will never sustain 10m again the game will be fine even if it drops to less than a million.
the game will go free to play at some point, the game will go free to play at some point ''well..more free to play then what we have'' stop living in a dream world, it's time to wake up and let go.
01/05/2016 04:54 AMPosted by Stratti
Rager you and other like you need to refrain from saying things like they failed so hard , or worst ever. Not everyone agrees with you and plenty of people love this expansion. A better way to express your saltiness is I believe... or in my opinion. That is unless you have talked to 10,000,000 subs and wish to ignore the 5,000,000 that remain subbed.

That is not logical. From a common sense point WOD got soooo many players to come back. On paper it was amazing.

What Blizzard wanted is A huge spike in Subs, and it slowly dies down as time goes on. They will still make a huge amount of profits this way. (I mean lets be real noway they are going to keep all 10 mil.)

Instead they had the biggest sub drop in the history of the game at the start of a expansion. Not only was this drop HUGE. It was the worse thing that could happen.

At the start of a expansion you want to keep the service going. You want to keep people happy, and get the old blood back in the game. They even said WOD was for that. To bring back the savage world, to bring back the vets.

Now the subs are so bad, they hide the numbers. No longer can we know the active subs, when they use to stand up and shout them.

That huge spike in subs has never happen before, and it was a wake up call. WOD failed to keep people happy. It failed to stop the bleeding of subs. That is a fact.
01/05/2016 04:59 AMPosted by Giscø
The acceptance that Blizzard doesnt need to make anything that isnt mythic raiding last more than a month of a patch is ridiculous

they Cannot make content faster then we can consume it, hopefully the 5 man changes in legion will help.I would like if there was a form of progression in pet battles but i have no ideas how to make that work aside from basically putting ...huh !@#$ it yea bring in the elite four lmao.
i would very very much like my dailys back, but the majority spoke and they moved on in warlords. maybe legion will bring back story based daily hubs i can only hope.

Those and transmog are all i need to justify $21 a month, raiding and gear is just a bonus to me
01/05/2016 05:49 AMPosted by Denàlo
they Cannot make content faster then we can consume it, hopefully the 5 man changes in legion will help.I would like if there was a form of progression in pet battles but i have no ideas how to make that work aside from basically putting ...huh !@#$ it yea bring in the elite four lmao.
i would very very much like my dailys back, but the majority spoke and they moved on in warlords. maybe legion will bring back story based daily hubs i can only hope.

Those and transmog are all i need to justify $21 a month, raiding and gear is just a bonus to me

That is why they need to figure out a way how. That is what players pay them for.
01/01/2016 11:03 AMPosted by Arcanax
Right now, if you don't raid, there is maybe 2 days worth of content at max level.

More like 4-5 months..
1. Gather mats and/or gold to make and upgrade your 3 pieces of crafted gear, and the stat changers need to make them right for your spec.
2. Grind Apexis crystals for gear, which you have to buy and vendor multiple tomes before you get the right secondaries.
3. (recent) Grind valor to get everything upgraded to +2.

Can't say I've had any good gear "handed to me" except a few pieces of BOA gear from the AH.

I'm not sure I've gotten any gear worth keeping from raiding, but then, I haven't even completed HFC on normal yet.
01/05/2016 05:57 AMPosted by Fugubar
More like 4-5 months.

More if you try to make a perfect set of gear from baelful
01/05/2016 05:45 AMPosted by Denàlo
01/05/2016 05:37 AMPosted by Ravensword

it's 11 years old, it's going to die eventually it's going to drop in subs regardless of what they or we do, people are going to leave regardless of what blizzard does or does not do. the best thing they can do is simply change what they can with the times and try to keep their core ''idea'' for the game.what you people are asking for is unreasonable, the game will never sustain 10m again the game will be fine even if it drops to less than a million.
the game will go free to play at some point, the game will go free to play at some point ''well..more free to play then what we have'' stop living in a dream world, it's time to wake up and let go.
As usual, wisdom is wasted on fools.
I don't raid, anymore, and I'm having a blast.
With due respect to the OP and others like him, I don't think you understand WoW. WoW has traditionally offered a variety of end-level content, but its focus has always been raiding. It is a raiding MMO.

PvP came later and I don't think anyone who does this seriously has been 100% happy. Because WoW is predominantly a raiding MMO, abilities designed for raiding for certain classes have made balance almost impossible to achieve.

Having said that there have always been things to do if you don't raid. You wouldn't get the best rewards, those were the preserve of raiders and eventually Arena PvPrs. But there were always plenty of challenging things to do that gave their own unique rewards.

WoD is a cluster f$%k when it comes to end level content. I don't know whether it was just bad design, or whether the overwhelming desire to push out expansions more quickly caused this.. perhaps both. However the idea that you can reach max level and only have a few heroics, some treasure hunting, one PvP zone and a bunch of anti-social Garrison content as the only things to do is awful.

Where are the new dungeons for those that only want to 5 mans? Where are the new BGs for those that want to do casual PvP? Where are the fun quests that give rewards maybe not as powerful as those from raids, but with their own unique looks. During BC I remember getting (as a quest reward) a blue bow that was the exact same design as the bow that dropped from Prince. I remember killing Fel Reaver to forge a key that would allow access to one of the most difficult heroic dungeons in the game. Sure I raided, but I also had a ton of excellent and difficult content that only required 2-4 friends to complete.

That's what's wrong with WoD imo. WoW is a raiding MMO, nothing wrong with that. Nothing wrong with the best rewards being tied to the top tier of gaming content. But there needs to be more to do outside of raiding - because even raiders want something else to do.

Content droughts aren't fixed by faster expansions - in fact it looks like they're getting worse. So why not return to 2-year expansions and include all the things that everyone used to enjoy?
01/05/2016 07:21 AMPosted by Cynacle
With due respect to the OP and others like him, I don't think you understand WoW. WoW has traditionally offered a variety of end-level content, but its focus has always been raiding. It is a raiding MMO.

Times are changing. Wow changes with the times or it keeps bleeding subs.

Weird.
I had so much PVP content to do last expansion.

Now it's a dead ladder and Ashran.
Fun.

It's called they've neglected all non-raiding end game content and let it shrivel and die.
It's 2016.
They need to move on from raiding. They sort of are with the new challenge modes but there really needs to be more meaningful content.
Blizzard can absolutely make content to keep people subbed, rather than expecting people to unsub after a few months of playing. What terrible business and customer service that line of thinking.

Players need to stop accepting mediocrity from the developers, because that's what they have given us over the last number of years. If they need some ideas, they should hire new people who are forward thinking and creative.

BTW, it looks like they got the hint a bit with Legion, because it does look like its moving in a positive direction.
01/05/2016 07:57 AMPosted by Shirt

Weird.
I had so much PVP content to do last expansion.

Now it's a dead ladder and Ashran.
Fun.

It's called they've neglected all non-raiding end game content and let it shrivel and die.
It's 2016.
They need to move on from raiding. They sort of are with the new challenge modes but there really needs to be more meaningful content.

Yup, and many people took a stand to make sure that it happen. That is why wod has the biggest sub drop in the history of wow.

Raiding focus end game is dying. More and more mmos are coming out with Sandbox elements in it. Wow is not going to force players to want to start to raid again.

Want to know why? Because Raiding use to be a guild thing. It use to be something only a few sees. However, now that everyone can raid. The shine of raiding, what made people be social, and work around peoples times.

I do feel LFR belongs in the game. but the tools that make pugging raids easier do not.

They need to balance the game content. Raiding and world content. They need to stop trying to make raids fun and easy to get into. A lot of people don't want to raid. It is that simple.
01/05/2016 08:04 AMPosted by Arcanax
Blizzard can absolutely make content to keep people subbed, rather than expecting people to unsub after a few months of playing. What terrible business and customer service that line of thinking.

Players need to stop accepting mediocrity from the developers, because that's what they have given us over the last number of years. If they need some ideas, they should hire new people who are forward thinking and creative.

BTW, it looks like they got the hint a bit with Legion, because it does look like its moving in a positive direction.

Bingo. Like I said It is Blizzard job to make players happy. They are offering a service and if they fail that service. They should correct it. Legion is looking like it is correcting it. Only time will tell.