Pre-purchase Legion™ Now, Upgrade to the CE

General Discussion
1 2 3 53 Next
With the digital version of World of Warcraft: Legion currently available for pre-purchase, we know many of you are interested in getting your level-100 character boost now and early access to the new Demon Hunter before launch. We also know many of you are planning to get the Collector’s Edition of Legion once it’s in stores, but would still like to get in on the action with your boost sooner rather than later.

To help you do both, we’ve set up a process similar to the one for Warlords of Draenor to receive a replacement Legion game key once you upgrade to the Collector’s Edition. Just follow these steps:

1. Pre-purchase a digital version of Legion now and begin using the included character boost immediately.
2. Pick up your Collector’s Edition pre-order once Legion releases.
3. Enter your Collector’s Edition key on your Battle.net Account Management page.
4. Contact Blizzard Customer Support for a replacement of your original Standard or Digital Deluxe Edition Key.
5. Give the shiny new digital key to a friend!

We’ll provide more information, including additional details on what’s inside the Collector’s Edition, in the near future.
So it's supported now? Hugs
Highly Rated
People do not want the extra key. They want a reimbursement, even if just game time. It is not cool that people that want the cool extras have to wait a week to try demon hunters or be stuck with a useless key.
People could just sell the key to a friend & their is your reimbursement.
Highly Rated
What people really want is the ability to pre-PURCHASE (not just pre-order) the physical CE and still get all the benefits of the digital deluxe edition. This is exactly what they did last time and it solves nothing. What am I going to do with an extra digital deluxe key? Nothing, exactly.
Highly Rated
I am the exact person for this as I have every CE box back to BC. If Vanilla CE wasn't $1000 I'd get that one as well.

However, I can't just buy the game twice. It's way to much for me and exceeds my gaming budget. If I could get the digital key reimbursed as play time credit I would do this in a heartbeat. Without some kind of statement from Blizzard that this is possible I'll just have to suffer and wait till my CE Box is in hand.

It would be nice if retailers could provide you a code when you pre-order the CE Box that you could activate in your battle.net account. You would have temporary access to all the goodies until you upload your key. You have until 1 week after release to upload your key or you account reverts back to WoD status it was prior. Or retailers could order a bunch of code cards from Blizzard they could then hand out to those who preorder the CE's. Kind of similar to game time cards but for physical CE's.
Highly Rated
Seems like a generic way of telling people you have to buy two copies of the game and we want you to be excited about it!
Highly Rated
cmon not this bull again i mean sure buy the game twice thats what your saying, give the code to a f riend, sorry i dont know anyone id blow that kinda money on in the game, besides and this is the most important thing here, all my friends playing are planning to get the expac or are quitting. cant you just do like the season pass did years ago and give us game time
Highly Rated
Hmmmm.....I'm sensing some desperation from Blizzard.....

Taking some time for people to get excited about legion? I wonder what would make that happen....
I think some people are having a hard time making a decision. I understand, it's a hard choice with good things on both sides. The bottom line is, you can't have everything. You never could. You always have a choice of what you want to do. And no one (blizz included) is trying to make you do anything. If you want to have all the benefits of ordering both digital copy and physical CE, guess what?
01/19/2016 10:12 AMPosted by Garriott
They will reimburse via game time as well, I confirmed this with a GM myself via customer service chat.

So, once they got your money, they've got your money. Oh joy.

Legion is looking worse and worse, so maybe we don't WANT more game time.
Highly Rated
01/19/2016 10:14 AMPosted by Arbs
People could just sell the key to a friend & their is your reimbursement.

Tell me, who is my wife going to sell it to when the only 2 people she knows that play will have already preordered it to get the early boost and early access to the demon hunter?

As Taoshen mentioned, they already gave people gametime when they bought the D3CE and were getting D3 free from the annual pass.
Highly Rated
This is ridiculous.

I don't want to buy the game twice. I have no use for a duplicate digital key. Any friend of mine who plays the game will already be buying the game for themself. Any friend of mine who doesn't play the game isn't interested in the key.

Give me an option to pre-purchase the boxed Collector's Edition from Blizzard directly.

This is not an "upgrade". It's buy once for pre-purchase, buy twice for Collector's, then get your pre-purchase key refunded as a transferrable product. A product I can't really transfer to anyone because anyone I know who would be interested in it already is buying it (maybe even pre-purchasing it) on their own.

I don't want to buy the game twice. I don't want an extra copy of a game key.

I'm fine paying a little extra for a Collector's Edition. I'm not fine with buying a second copy of a game to give away.

Every expansion, Blizzard messes about with this nonsense and offers the same non-solution.
Highly Rated
No this is not acceptable refund me my money. I am not going to then try to sell a digital key.

Sub numbers are down so let piss off the people that actually care by spitting in their face and stealing from their wallets.

Spoke with 2 GMs in Chat and they will not give you in game time

Here is GM Iornzephyr

"Hey there Joshua !

I did speak to a supervisor while you we were chatting and you disconnected before I could get back to you. I am sorry but right now they are not making exceptions to that policy. In my 6 years they pretty much have every time except for the last xpac. I know it is a gamble but if playing a demon hunter early is a big priority for you then it is currently the only option.

There is hopes that in the future the retailers will be able to expand their databases to accommodate some kind of code to go along with your pre-sale to activate this kind of thing but they need to be able to also reverse them in the case of pre-order cancelations and returns. That requires a bit of an overhaul on part of the stores. This is really not just on Blizzard and certainly not something personal against people who buy the physical box copies. There just is not any other way unless all the retail stores are willing to spend a lot to implement systems just to manage our games.

I hope that besides this you are well and I am happy to see you are anxious to try out the latest content ASAP"

From GM Belancha

"Hey there, Joshua.

Game Master Belancha again. I just wanted to send this quick follow up to our web chat today.

Although we weren't able to assist with what you're requesting, I do want to thank you again for your patience while I investigated into this for you and spoke with a supervisor.

I hope you have a wonderful rest of your day and week - please take care."
Highly Rated
01/19/2016 10:49 AMPosted by Hobb
Give me an option to pre-purchase the boxed Collector's Edition from Blizzard directly.

This a MILLION TIMES THIS. I am so sick of the options they give us its not okay!
Highly Rated
Hi Neth,

The effort is appreciated but this is not an acceptable solution. Who on earth would i give that key to? Everyone i know will either have bought it already or isn't interested. I would rather get it in subscription time (which is hardly optimal either).
Highly Rated
01/19/2016 10:00 AMPosted by Nethaera
5. Give the shiny new digital key to a friend!

We’ll provide more information, including additional details on what’s inside the Collector’s Edition, in the near future.

I don't suppose there'd be any chance that, if all your friends are already buying their own CEs, you could convert that into game time instead, 'eh?
01/19/2016 10:12 AMPosted by Garriott
They will reimburse via game time as well, I confirmed this with a GM myself via customer service chat.

They should really have this be posted instead of getting another key

Tom Chilton basically said this too at Blizzcon

https://youtu.be/hhTTY4-5E1s?t=1135