My dilemma

General Discussion
There is a lot that I love about WoW and a lot that I hate about it, all in all I'm still pleased with the game I've got multiple accounts that I play actively and still get a lot of enjoyment.

That being said it's been a while since we've gotten a major content patch and it looks like we wont see any thing until the pre-patch comes out.

So the question is do I let my sub lapse on both accounts and wait to re-up when the pre-patch goes live or just keep the sub active and attempt to wait patiently?

I'm sure a lot of you are feeling the same way what do you guys intend to do?
If I'm not having fun I'll let it lapse. If I'm having fun I'll just keep playing till I'm not having fun.
01/29/2016 01:05 PMPosted by Lucrend
If I'm not having fun I'll let it lapse. If I'm having fun I'll just keep playing till I'm not having fun.

right....
How is this a dilemma? This should be a simple question. Are you enjoying yourself in game with lots to do? If yes, keep playing. If no, take a break. It's not hard.
when you can't think of a reason to login besides doing garrison chores its time to quit.
01/29/2016 12:27 PMPosted by Sinestralla
There is a lot that I love about WoW and a lot that I hate about it, all in all I'm still pleased with the game I've got multiple accounts that I play actively and still get a lot of enjoyment.

That being said it's been a while since we've gotten a major content patch and it looks like we wont see any thing until the pre-patch comes out.

So the question is do I let my sub lapse on both accounts and wait to re-up when the pre-patch goes live or just keep the sub active and attempt to wait patiently?

Only you can decide if it's worth playing or let it lapse, but for me, if I stop having fun I'll unsub until 8.0. That's typically when I'll bide my time with D3.

Interesting thought though - Blizzard has mentioned a few times in the past about the normal cycle of players losing interest near the end of the expansion and unsubbing until the expac comes out. Interesting because to me that says Blizzard is ok with the sub loss, even though adding a final patch to keep us busy would probably mitigate much of the losses.
I love how this turned into a " How is this a dilemma? This should be a simple question. Are you enjoying yourself in game with lots to do? If yes, keep playing. If no, take a break. It's not hard. "

Thread.

If you looked up and read the post you'd see that I enjoy myself, it has nothing to do with not enjoying myself lol.

If you're going to comment do so appropriately rather then attack me because you you're not capable of understanding simple things.

1. I clearly stated I enjoy the game, but the question is will I enjoy it more if I take a six month break and come back

2. I will undoubtedly continue to enjoy myself and have many things to do on this account even if I don't take a break.

I did not ask what you think I should do, I did not say I wasn't enjoying myself, I did not say that I don't have things to do.

I asked what other people were going to do, you can't provide me with an answer to my dillema you can how ever provide me with an answer to yours.

And before some idiot tells me that I did ask, when I said the above ^ It was ritoricle and required no feedback if you couldn't understand that, that's your problem, and yes it's easy to tell the difference between the two.

And yes you can scream and cry and tell me how wrong I am it wont change any thing.

My only actual question was the following

01/29/2016 01:19 PMPosted by Crystalis

Only you can decide if it's worth playing or let it lapse, but for me, if I stop having fun I'll unsub until 8.0. That's typically when I'll bide my time with D3.

Interesting thought though - Blizzard has mentioned a few times in the past about the normal cycle of players losing interest near the end of the expansion and unsubbing until the expac comes out. Interesting because to me that says Blizzard is ok with the sub loss, even though adding a final patch to keep us busy would probably mitigate much of the losses.

Well there used to it so they take into account a massive sub loss at the end of each expansion it also makes sense because certain players only enjoy certain aspects of the game so they let it lapse till some thing new comes out.

Which leads me to your next point

01/29/2016 01:19 PMPosted by Crystalis
even though adding a final patch to keep us busy would probably mitigate much of the losses.

Yes adding a final patch would cause a lower loss it wouldn't be much lower because no one will want to spend the time gearing up etc.. right before a new expansion when they'll have to re-gear right away any way lol
I keep a couple of game time tokens in my bags. If my current time is about to expire, I ask myself if I'm playing enough outside of simply logging on for garrison chores to make it worth redeeming one.

If the answer is yes, then I use a token.

If the answer is no, then I don't and go play other games for while, then use a token when I feel like logging in (or to join in on some forum discussion that got my interest).

I'm not gaining anything by maintaining a sub I'm not really using. I've haven't lost anything by letting it lapse.

Up to you. Honestly you sound like you might be better off just taking a break for 2-3 week then re-evaluate how you're feeling about WoW. See if you actually missed playing during those 2-3 weeks.
01/29/2016 01:25 PMPosted by Sinestralla
If you're going to comment do so appropriately rather then attack me because you you're not capable of understanding simple things.

I'm not entirely sure you are being attacked. This statement of yours is quite demeaning, and shows that you yourself are attacking us.

Plus:
Your title is "My dilemma". You go on to explain what your dilemma is, and then say, "So, the question is..." Logically, "So" in a transition from what you said previously to what you're about to say. In other words, your question is in direct relation to your dilemma.
And before some idiot tells me that I did ask, when I said the above ^ It was ritoricle and required no feedback if you couldn't understand that, that's your problem, and yes it's easy to tell the difference between the two.

Calling people idiots who provide feedback to the logical question rather than the follow-up question is rather ironic. Besides said logic of the relation between the term "So" and the rest of the post, you clearly don't understand what constitutes rhetorical and what doesn't. How can you say:
My only actual question was

when in your original post you said
So the question is

But alas, I'm trying to teach someone who can't learn (one definition of being an idiot), so I will end my argument here.
01/29/2016 01:25 PMPosted by Sinestralla
I did not ask what you think I should do,

I don't know if i am misreading but it looks like you did ask.