No more catch up mechanics like Sha of fear?

General Discussion
Because Sha of Fear was an incredibly long, repetitive, boring fight. Once you'd mastered the first phase, there was very little chance that you'd mess it up, so the buff was introduced allowing you to get into the *actual* progression part of the fight. Fights like Archimonde are short and full of action, whereas Sha was... well, not.
That wasn't a "catch-up" mechanic, it was simply part of the fight. Was completely tuned around it since day 1.

They've done similar in the past, like Sinestra P3, but fight design seems to be moving away from this kind of thing in general. I'd personally argue Feast of Souls on Gorefiend fits the bill, though.

Edit: Levictor brings up an excellent point I managed to overlook.
12/31/2015 08:29 PMPosted by Guccisaurus
That wasn't a "catch-up" mechanic, it was simply part of the fight. Was completely tuned around it since day 1.

They've done similar in the past, like Sinestra P3, but fight design seems to be moving away from this kind of thing in general. I'd personally argue Feast of Souls on Gorefiend fits the bill, though.

Edit: Levictor brings up an excellent point I managed to overlook.

Fair enough.

But to be fair i only joined the game once ToT was current so i had no idea that was in since day one.
Can we stop asking for stupid !@#$.