Is Blizz working on a solution to multiboxers

Customer Support
My server is basically unplayable many nights because there are so many multiboxers crashing the server. One guy in paticular purposley does this with toy and spell spamming in stormshield. Additionally he abuses his 60 characters to mass report people.

This kind of behavior is so toxic and is killing an otherwise healthy server. is there anything being done? It feels like blizzard really does not care
12/31/2015 01:33 PMPosted by Babywipes
My server is basically unplayable many nights because there are so many multiboxers crashing the server. One guy in paticular purposley does this with toy and spell spamming in stormshield. Additionally he abuses his 60 characters to mass report people.

This kind of behavior is so toxic and is killing an otherwise healthy server. is there anything being done? It feels like blizzard really does not care

Oh look this again.

First, the servers are NOT crashing. At all. Period. Full stop. Servers are NOT crashing. Individual's PCs and networks are lagging out it has nothing to do with the servers on Blizzard's side.

The amount of reports has nothing to do with if a person gets actioned or not. So the multiboxer reporting with all 60 toons means nothing. The player was actioned because he blatantly broke the rules, not because 60 toons reported him.

Multiboxing is NOT against the rules, what exactly do you want Blizzard to do?

Edit: With all that said Blizzard is looking into the instances that are happening on DS and ED, they haven't said what will be done but they are aware. More than likely this would be handled as a case of zone disruption, which is probably the better way to talk about it.
This was just mentioned in another thread -

http://us.battle.net/wow/en/forum/topic/20418541802#7

The overall question of multiboxers, specifically those reported recently on Darkspear or Emerald Dream, is being reviewed by our Community Managers and Developers. We have no additional information at the moment, but I can say with absolute certainty that they have heard of the concerns and issues that have arisen.

If you want to express your concerns, be sure to do so on the General Discussion forum. Customer Support has no influence over this issue.

Edit: Added link, it would not quote properly.
12/31/2015 01:46 PMPosted by Babywipes
relax

Why? I'm not upset...

Just pointing out information that is in at least 3 or 4 threads on the first two pages of this forum. Most of them with Blue posts.
General forums are over there ----->

CS can only confirm that there are no rules against multiboxing. If you think there should be a change, add to a General forums post or use the in-game suggestion feature.

CS is not the right forum for your crusade.
12/31/2015 01:37 PMPosted by Scüba

Oh look this again.

First, the servers are NOT crashing. At all. Period. Full stop. Servers are NOT crashing. Individual's PCs and networks are lagging out it has nothing to do with the servers on Blizzard's side.

The amount of reports has nothing to do with if a person gets actioned or not. So the multiboxer reporting with all 60 toons means nothing. The player was actioned because he blatantly broke the rules, not because 60 toons reported him.

Multiboxing is NOT against the rules, what exactly do you want Blizzard to do?

Edit: With all that said Blizzard is looking into the instances that are happening on DS and ED, they haven't said what will be done but they are aware. More than likely this would be handled as a case of zone disruption, which is probably the better way to talk about it.

relax

maybe if you had to deal with it instead of playing on a no name server you would have a different opinion, also, rules can be changed

Last time I've checked, everyone is basically playing on no name servers. Why? No one in the real world give two coppers what server you play on. Don't do this kind of thing on the forums.
maybe if you had to deal with it instead of playing on a no name server you would have a different opinion, also, rules can be changed

It doesn't matter what my opinion is, this forum is about the in game rules. The bottom line is that currently multiboxing isn't against the rules. If you have an opinion on that and want to see it changed you would want to post in General so the Devs and CM can read it. Also this is a video game, no one cares what server you play on.

FYI, just for the record I am in agreement that what is happening on ED needs to be stopped, and I'm glad Blizzard is looking into it. However this isn't the forum for that discussion.
My server is basically unplayable many nights because there are so many multiboxers crashing the server.

As mentioned, the realm is not crashing. Some systems have trouble drawing so many characters in a small area. If you are having trouble it may be a good idea to turn down your settings to see if that helps. I would also look at what addons you are using. They often pass a lot of data around and when there are a lot of actions happening that can impact your experience.

Additionally he abuses his 60 characters to mass report people.

Let me clear this up.

Our staff looks at the content of the report and verifies it prior to taking any action. That someone is able to use 60 individual accounts to report does not cause the action. At best, that many reports will put a priority on the report so that it is looked at quicker. That is about it. Any action taken or not taken is based on evidence only.

This rumor that they caused someone to be suspended because of the volume of reports is ridiculous and entirely false. Lore already spoke to it, but since he only had 140 characters to work with perhaps it wasn't understood as well as it should be.

Any penalty that was applied was due to verification of policy violations.

Additionally, since it has come up. Any inappropriate language that may have been spammed using multiple accounts would have been addressed appropriately when reported. We are not going to provide details of what actions we do or do not take on another account. That is between us and the registered user. The actions that would be taken would be based on our policies with absolutely no consideration at all that the person pays for one subscription or one hundred.

~~~~~~~~~*~~~~~~~~~*~~~~~~~~~*~~~~~~~~~*~~~~~~~~~

How's my driving? Click me.
Solve what?

It's not broken?

Also? Dial back the attitude to about a 3 or 4 please.

No name server? What does that even mean??
As mentioned, the realm is not crashing. Some systems have trouble drawing so many characters in a small area. If you are having trouble it may be a good idea to turn down your settings to see if that helps. I would also look at what addons you are using. They often pass a lot of data around and when there are a lot of actions happening that can impact your experience.

So basically I should just "turn down my settings" instead of enjoying my full wow experience that myself and thousand of people pay for, so one guy who has said on MULTIPLE OCCASIONS his only goal is to cause problems for other players. Gotcha. I know Im not an expert on how the wow servers work, but im not looking for a "technically its not really x its y" as its still unhealthy and toxic for the server
Feel free to post in the General forums if you like to see some sort of change to the rules. This is the wrong forum for feedback.
If your PC can't handle the graphical load of multiple characters in any given zone - yes.
12/31/2015 02:29 PMPosted by Perl
Feel free to post in the General forums if you like to see some sort of change to the rules. This is the wrong forum for feedback.

I saw you the first time, but I am having a conversation currently, thanks for your valued imput!
12/31/2015 02:31 PMPosted by Nephe
If your PC can't handle the graphical load of multiple characters in any given zone - yes.

I'm not buying a brand new pc so blizzard can get away with letting letting something so toxic plague a server to make an extra 600 dollars a month
12/31/2015 02:31 PMPosted by Babywipes

I saw you the first time, but I am having a conversation currently, thanks for your valued imput!

You're on a forum.

She's part of the conversation.

This is not a one on one with a Blizzard rep.

The server is fine. There is nothing to solve. That said, see Vrak's comment here:

12/31/2015 01:38 PMPosted by Vrakthris
12/31/2015 01:16 PMPosted by Zhii
Now onto my question, since I am really not enjoying my game play experience on this server because of this and I already paid for one character to be moved, does this warrant me to be able to get a free transfer to another server?

No, I'm afraid not. If there is an issue with the realm itself, our Realm Techs will look into it and see what can be done.

A high number of characters in a small area tends to cause some issues for those systems that may not be good enough to handle it. Often turning down your graphic settings can help but overall if the realm itself is stable (i.e. no evidence that an individual or group of individuals is attempting to purposefully crash it), there is little that we are able to do.

The overall question of multiboxers, specifically those reported recently on Darkspear or Emerald Dream, is being reviewed by our Community Managers and Developers. We have no additional information at the moment, but I can say with absolute certainty that they have heard of the concerns and issues that have arisen.

12/31/2015 01:16 PMPosted by Zhii
Keep in mind to the server I am on is a very highly populated already plus given recent events with this problem I would assume other people would be wondering the same question.

Emerald Dream has a high population, though not an extremely high one. Free Character Moves are offered when the overall population impacts the realm's stability. Emerald Dream is no where near those numbers.

I'm sorry, Zhii. You are welcome to use the Character Transfer service is you wish to transfer your character to a different realm but we are not currently able to offer a complimentary option.

How's my driving? [url="https://www.surveymonkey.com/s/Vrakthris"]Click me[/url].
12/31/2015 02:36 PMPosted by Thunderwulf

You're on a forum.

She's part of the conversation.

This is not a one on one with a Blizzard rep.

The server is fine. There is nothing to solve. That said, see Vrak's comment here:

12/31/2015 01:38 PMPosted by Vrakthris
No, I'm afraid not. If there is an issue with the realm itself, our Realm Techs will look into it and see what can be done.

A high number of characters in a small area tends to cause some issues for those systems that may not be good enough to handle it. Often turning down your graphic settings can help but overall if the realm itself is stable (i.e. no evidence that an individual or group of individuals is attempting to purposefully crash it), there is little that we are able to do.

Emerald Dream has a high population, though not an extremely high one. Free Character Moves are offered when the overall population impacts the realm's stability. Emerald Dream is no where near those numbers.

I'm sorry, Zhii. You are welcome to use the Character Transfer service is you wish to transfer your character to a different realm but we are not currently able to offer a complimentary option.

How's my driving? [url="https://www.surveymonkey.com/s/Vrakthris"]Click me[/url].
I'm right and you're wrong

Except this forum serves as an Information Desk, not a venue for discussion on game changes. The Blues here don't pass on feedback to the Devs and the Devs don't come here to read. If you want to make any suggestions or complaints, then General is the place for it and there are already many threads you can join.

12/31/2015 02:27 PMPosted by Babywipes
So basically I should just "turn down my settings" instead of enjoying my full wow experience that myself and thousand of people pay for,

You pay for server access. How your computer handles the game is not something Blizzard can control. If your connection gets overwhelmed with data and DCs or your PC can't handle all the spell effects then
yes, you need to consider changing your settings when PvPing.

Also, don't be shocked if the Devs end up making changes to the way toys or spell effects work in PvP, seeing as that is the core of the issue here.

12/31/2015 02:37 PMPosted by Babywipes
I'm right and you're wrong

No, you are not right. At this point you are also trolling.
12/31/2015 02:33 PMPosted by Babywipes
12/31/2015 02:31 PMPosted by Nephe

I'm not buying a brand new pc so blizzard can get away with letting letting something so toxic plague a server to make an extra 600 dollars a month

You're playing an MMO. Having a few hundred people around at once is expected. Even some high end systems can't handle it at full power.
Turn your settings down as low as they will go and then get your toons out of the areas the boxer is in.
you people are so delusional