Is Blizz working on a solution to multiboxers

Customer Support
12/31/2015 02:37 PMPosted by Babywipes
I'm right and you're wrong

No, you're acting like a child. Grow up

Blizzard is looking in to the concerns voiced by the populace over recent issues with certain multiboxers.

That's all you need to know.
12/31/2015 02:33 PMPosted by Babywipes
12/31/2015 02:31 PMPosted by Nephe
If your PC can't handle the graphical load of multiple characters in any given zone - yes.

I'm not buying a brand new pc so blizzard can get away with letting letting something so toxic plague a server to make an extra 600 dollars a month

They're not letting anyone get away with anything, no rules are being broken so nothing to get away with, they're playing the way they want to play which us a supported way. Sorry your computer can't handle the "Massively Multiplayer" part of playing an MMO RPG
No, we aren't the one who is trying to discount the importance of good hardware.

But I guess you would also cry foul if suddenly 100's of individually controlled characters came into an area too. There would be NO difference between that and what your PC is struggling with when a multiboxer is nearby.
12/31/2015 02:27 PMPosted by Babywipes
So basically I should just "turn down my settings" instead of enjoying my full wow experience that myself and thousand of people pay for

There is nothing wrong with having dozens of characters in an area, be it be 60+ characters operated by a single person or 60+ users operating a single character.

What you believe you are paying for is not really a factor here. The "full wow experience", if you are referring to graphics, is based on what your system is capable of. Those closer to the "System Requirements" may need to limit their graphic settings as they may not be able to handle everything that the game is capable of.

So yes, if your system is unable to render all those characters, turning down your settings may help.
Yea there is no point in continuing, this thread has way to many

A) people who dont deal with the problem on a daily basis
B) People trying exceptionally hard to look helpful to blizzard to earn an MvP tag

anyone who truly believes this is not a problem and it is up to EVERYONE ELSE to lower their setting or work around a guy playing 60 characters at once is flat out wrong, no if. and. or buts about it.
Marked As Solution
12/31/2015 02:37 PMPosted by Babywipes
I'm right and you're wrong

No, I'm afraid you are not.

12/31/2015 02:43 PMPosted by Babywipes
A) people who dont deal with the problem on a daily basis

Irrelevant to the advice given.

B) People trying exceptionally hard to look helpful to blizzard to earn an MvP tag

Again, you are mistaken. Having green text is not always a perk, it can be a burden since it focuses attention on anything and everything you post. So no, the majority of the players here are simply trying to help, by providing the advice and direction needed. Most of them wouldn't take the MVP status if I offered it to them and one used to be green but opted to step down. They continue to post to provide what help and direction they can, not to earn green.

anyone who truly believes this is not a problem and it is up to EVERYONE ELSE to lower their setting or work around a guy playing 60 characters at once is flat out wrong, no if. and. or buts about it.

I don't think anyone has stated it isn't an issue, Baby. However, what we're trying to make clear is that anytime there is a large number of characters in an area it can cause performance issues for those with systems that cannot handle it. I has more to do with that fact that there are a bunch of characters in that area, not necessarily that they multi-boxers.

That the person may or may not have said that they are trying to cause an issue for people is not truly relevant. It is their actions.

Are they simply engaging in PvP? Or all they taking actions that seem to be causing high latency for others? If they are dropping a lot of toys, etc... use the right click report option and it will be looked into.

Jumping up and down and shouting about it here is not going to get you the results you are desiring. The only thing that CS has the capacity to do is to see if the actions they are taking in-game appear to violate policy or not. Current policy, not the policy you'd like to see.

If you want to see our policies change, specifically in regards to multi-boxing, you'll want to post constructively in the General discussion forum. I'm sure there is an active thread already you can jump into.