Canceling because it's too much work to fly.

General Discussion
Prev 1 10 11 12 13 Next
01/02/2016 02:06 PMPosted by Heckholler
EXCITEMENT! DRAMA!

You can bang out the missives, quests and treasure in two days if you park yourself in front of the monitor for a few hours a day. The current low price of medallions also makes it cheaper than ever just to cheese the rep grind.

We now return you to your regularly-scheduled hamming.

Extraordinary claims require extraordinary evidence.

It took me more like 80 hours to do hundreds of quests, missives, and gather 100 treasures on a ground mount. Who do you think you are fooling?

Video or it didn't happen.
01/04/2016 02:58 AMPosted by Quenya
The Tanaan part took 2-3 weeks.

01/04/2016 01:06 AMPosted by Macnessa
this is literally something that takes 20-30 minutes a day for a few days to get.

Which is it?

There are more than three garrison dailies, so "a few days" is an outright lie.

Not everyone started playing WoD the day it launched. I didn't buy it until June, when they announced flight coming back.

I love questing. Exploring was fine. The treasures were ok, because they gave exp. However, I hate everything about my garrison (other than the holiday decorations), and have no desire to have a shipyard, much less waiting for RNG to give me all the dailies I need, and an almost month-long reputation grind is the opposite of FUN.

01/04/2016 12:59 AMPosted by Whitecrow
01/03/2016 11:33 PMPosted by Lyánna
It's a BASIC FEATURE

I disagree. What do you mean by basic feature? I think of things like classes, quests, spells, abilities ,dungeons, raids, PvP, AH, and even que systems when asked as to what a basic feature is.

I don't consider flying a basic feature any more than I would consider a reputation, mount, pet, item, toy, or any other reward in the game as such.

A basic feature is something everyone has and is immediately handed the rights to just for participating, right? That isn't and has never been flying. You have always had to earn it be it with gold or time. It was never just given to you. It has and continues to be as much of a reward as an item, pet or mount.

I don't understand how anyone can claim it a basic feature. Long standing? Sure. Basic? Explain better.

01/03/2016 11:33 PMPosted by Lyánna
that we ALL had access to at or near level cap, if you had the gold.

Case in point. How can it be basic if it isn't allotted to all players?
Everyone has access to Mythic Archimond and his loot. If you have the skill/gold/time to get a kill.
You can't claim "everyone has access" but only "if they have X". And categorize it as basic. How is that basic by any definition?

Professions are basic features. Flying/riding is a profession, thus a basic feature by definition. It's never been earned by time, until now. It's always been bought with gold. And the way everyone around here brags about how easy gold is to get, "just by playing the game", it's still a basic feature, just like we used to pay for our skills, and we still pay to level professions. Flying hasn't been any different. Until now. But stay in your semantic delusion if it makes you feel superior.

01/04/2016 02:14 AMPosted by Sulakin
doing the achievement is nothing like work

.....for YOU.

01/04/2016 02:17 AMPosted by Ràger
It is boring? Check.

It is tedious? Check.

It gates content that we had in the past? Check.

It was pointless? Check.

All it did was pissed players off more. Forcing players to do content they did not want to do, to have a basic thing they already had.

YA i think it can be label as work.

I agree.
Can I have your stuff?
I PvP and it's annoying for me, but if I can cope with it, you can too.

Weakling.
" blizzard I dotn wanta sit in SW, or dalaran, or Shatt, or shrine, or my garrison all day give me something todo!?!?!?!"

- Blizzard puts in a achivment to allow flight, by simply going out AND PLAYING THE GAME, and leaving your SW, Dal, shatt, shrine, garrion Hub...

" OMFG I JUST WANT TO FLY!!! you should make me pay 5k gold to learn ot fly instead, and the flight trainer should be in my Garrison...."

- blizz allows you to pay 5kg (discounted by your rep) to learn how to fly

"OMG BLIZZZZ I know how to fly but all I do is loopy loops in my garrison, this game sucks... OMG what a waste of 5k gold (reduced by rep) that was! I hope Legion doesn't take long OMFG this game sucks"

.................................. !@#$ and PLAY THE GAME...................
01/04/2016 12:21 PMPosted by Whitecrow
01/04/2016 02:17 AMPosted by Ràger
It is boring? Check.

It is tedious? Check.

Are these not the same thing?
Why say the same thing twice?

You need to actually look both words up in a dictionary, because no, they're NOT the same thing.
01/02/2016 01:45 PMPosted by Paducah
I'm sure that more than half of you don't care and I don't expect you to. I have no idea if Blizzard cares or not either but I just wanted to drop some feedback in the forum before I once again cancel my subscription and ignore WoW until the next expansion.

I've been playing off and on since Jan, 2005. I buy every expansion (eventually) and get my characters leveled up and give the game a chance. I was pretty happy with the first few. MoP was cheesy. Anyway, the second I found out what it was going to take to fly in WoD was the moment I decided this expansion isn't for me...an almost 40yr old with a job/kids/wife/life. I have too much to do IRL to go exploring a a bunch of digital art and following quest lines. I understand the goal so no one has to explain to me why they did it (although I'm sure someone will). I also don't care.

Anyway, no hard feelings toward Blizz or anyone else - do what you gotta do to draw in more players but it's not for me.

Cheers

QUESTING AND DAILIES ARE TOO HARD QQQQQQQQQ
01/04/2016 01:09 PMPosted by Arigatou
BC had requirements you had to meet to fly in Outlands. Players met those requirements and they could fly in Outlands.

Wrath had requirements you had to meet to fly in Northrend. Players met those requirements and they could fly in Northrend.

Cata had requirements you had to meet to fly in Cata zones. Players met those requirements and they could fly in Cata zones.

I bet you guess where this goes next?

MoP had requirements you had to meet to fly in Pandaria. Players met those requirements and they could fly in Pandaria.

Oh look, another WoW History Revisionist. Do you honestly think we all have Alzheimer's?

BC "Requirement": Hit level cap - 70, and pay gold to fly.
Unless you're a Druid, and you got it at 68. If you wanted a Netherwing Drake, you did that rep grind, which consisted of several daily quests, not just killing mobs - but wasn't required to fly. It was a bonus objective to get some cool mounts.

Wrath "Requirement": Hit level 77, and pay for flying. You could buy a Tome for your alts to have flying at 68.

Cata "Requirement": Sign in, buy flying if you're level 60 or above.

MoP "Requirement": Hit level cap - 90, and buy flying. If you wanted some cool Cloud Serpents, you could do the rep grid for that, which, like BC, had some decent dailies to do, not just grind-killing mobs. Again, not required for flying.

What was wrong with those "requirements"?
I'm getting seriously tired of hearing people tell busy adults that WoW isn't for them, just because they put their real life responsibilities first.
01/04/2016 10:39 PMPosted by Lyánna
01/04/2016 01:09 PMPosted by Arigatou
BC had requirements you had to meet to fly in Outlands. Players met those requirements and they could fly in Outlands.

Wrath had requirements you had to meet to fly in Northrend. Players met those requirements and they could fly in Northrend.

Cata had requirements you had to meet to fly in Cata zones. Players met those requirements and they could fly in Cata zones.

I bet you guess where this goes next?

MoP had requirements you had to meet to fly in Pandaria. Players met those requirements and they could fly in Pandaria.

Oh look, another WoW History Revisionist. Do you honestly think we all have Alzheimer's?

Unless you're a Druid, and you got it at 68. If you wanted a Netherwing Drake, you did that rep grind, which consisted of several daily quests, not just killing mobs - but wasn't required to fly. It was a bonus objective to get some cool mounts.

Wrath "Requirement": Hit level 77, and pay for flying. You could buy a Tome for your alts to have flying at 68.

MoP "Requirement": Hit level cap - 90, and buy flying. If you wanted some cool Cloud Serpents, you could do the rep grid for that, which, like BC, had some decent dailies to do, not just grind-killing mobs. Again, not required for flying.

The problem with them was that easily accessible flying ruined the game. This is a fact that's been evident for a looooong time.
Too much work to fly? HAHAHAHAHAHAHAHAHA

Oh damn you were serious.
01/05/2016 12:18 AMPosted by Elaice
Too much work to fly? HAHAHAHAHAHAHAHAHA

Oh damn you were serious.

When they compel you to finish the entire expansion, top to bottom, and throw in some rep grinds, yeah its work. Especially when it is the worst, THE WORST expansion to have ever come out. The entire expansion is a wash and nothing achieved here in this one will mean squat to carry forward. Making me eat more expansion pie isn't going to change my opinion about it, which is clearly part of the plot here with this achievement.
If there is a game with a lazier more self entitled player base I'd be really surprised.

Players don't get any more casual than me. I go days without playing and still got this done quite easily.
01/05/2016 12:18 AMPosted by Pandysavage
The problem with them was that easily accessible flying ruined the game. This is a fact that's been evident for a looooong time.
It's not a fact. It was an excuse Blizzard made to remove it so they could design less of the world. It was an excuse so obvious only people who don't bother to think about what they're told by a corporation they annually give money to would be so oblivious to it. Like I said before, lack of logic is an epidemic on this board.
Flying/riding is a profession

Well then...
I have to point out that is quite incorrect. Flying is not a profession. Flying is not like LW, JC or Herbing. It does not create or gather. And is not listed as a profession anywhere...

It's never been earned by time, until now. It's always been bought with gold.

Acquiring gold did not take time? They have kinda always been linked.
Just be glad we got flying implemented at all. The meta achievement is a lot better than the nothing you got before. Also consider that the achievement and passive skill is account bound--you NEVER have to do it EVER AGAIN after you do it once. Blizzard already altered their deal on flying, they probably won't alter it any further.
01/04/2016 12:35 PMPosted by Ràger
No I mean bad gameplay as in WOD is bad. You should feel bad for even saying. "That is all it takes." No it is not "all" it takes because you are forces players to get content they had since bc and jump through hoops to get in. Doing "Content" that is consider the worse in wow history.

So you are wrong and should feel bad.

You had flight in Draenor back in TBC? HOLY CRAP!! I want to play your version of the game.

---------------

They didn't force anyone to do anything to obtain something "they had since bc". No one ever had flight in Draenor until Pathfinder was added to the game. No one took flight out of Outland, Northrend, Cata zones or any other parts of Azeroth, or Pandaria. Anyone who paid for flight in those zones has been able to fly in them since the day they acquired the ability.

What you folks don't seem to understand is this...

If you didn't have something to begin with that something can't be taken from you and not allowing something in a new place doesn't mean that the something in question is gone from old places it already is a part of.

Do you get it?

You can fly in every area of the game you could fly in before. No one took that away from you.

If you hate Draenor so much that the "baseline" game (questing and exploration) is too much for you to do then what reason do you have to need to fly in Draenor...you're never in the open world anyway nor do you ever do anything that flight would compliment. Standing in your Garrison queuing for whatever (LFD/LFR/BGs/Arena) isn't complemented by flight; unless your plan is to hover over said Garrison.

I am, and have always been, a proponent of flight in the game. I was part of the group of "minority loud mouths" that got it put back in the game when we were told it was to be permanently unobtainable in any new zones. BUT...I have always understood that it wasn't something that was taken from me. AND...I enjoy exploring Draenor and seeing the world from a new perspective. I am rarely in my Garrison and I spend time in not only Draenor, but also in all of the other zones available in the game to find things to do in.

If you have zero time to play you don't need to go anywhere. If you don't participate in anything related to open world content you don't need a convenient method of transportation to any destination...you're not going anywhere anyway.

So why is it that the people who are complaining about not being able to fly, or the achievement being too much "work", are the same people who complain about having no content (or no "decent" content) and who sit in their Garrison crying about having nothing to do?

Those of us who play the game had what we needed to fly before it was implemented on live servers and have been enjoying leveling alts more conveniently, exploring, hovering, coasting, etc. on our flying mounts since the day flight went live.
I laugh every time i see this topic.
You've played since 2005 and you think it's "too much" one of the easiest metas in the game for an extremely awesome reward...? This is not even a grind.
01/04/2016 10:39 PMPosted by Lyánna

Actually, yes. I do think you all have some form of memory loss and/or early onset dementia. Because it wasn't quite that easy.

It went more like this...

Vanilla: No flying at all [additionally, ground mounts weren't allowed until level 40, even through TBC; we were hoofing it across Azeroth on our little, blistered footsies]

TBC: Introduces flying at max level. Slow flying (60%) wasn't hard to get but was slower than a ground mount. Fast flying was 5k gold. That was a lot of gold back then and very few people had it. [VERY few people were able to purchase flight right away...slow flight plus a flying mount was 800g total, which was barely obtainable via questing/leveling alone and gathering 5k gold for "epic" flight was a real feat back then...it was the end of the expansion or beginning or Wrath before many were able to get "epic" flight, which contributed to the lack of funds to purchase flight in...]

Wrath: Still the same gold prices for flying. Couldn't fly until level 77. It cost around 3k gold if I remember correctly. Was apparently too many people who couldn't afford it so they put the "rent-a-gryphon" Goblin in Storm Peeks. Also it wasn't until a much later patch that slow flying was increased to the current speed. [it was actually 5k gold, but if you had worked on reputations as you leveled you could get it down to 3.5k gold at exalted, smaller discounts with less reputation...much later in the expansion a Tomb was added so that flight could be purchased for alts-around the time ICC was launched]

Cata: Introduction of Old World flying and the need to fly while leveling. Cheap licenses. Gold reduction in most other licenses and the ability to buy 310% training (at one point and time only special mounts had the 310% speed perk). [flight while leveling was added shortly after launch when they realized that the zones were so spread out that just having the portals from SW/Org wasn't sufficient...everyone didn't want to have to hearth back to a major city every time they wanted to move to a different zone - this was the first time flight was actually "easy" to get]

MOP: No flying while leveling but they threw gold at you like it was falling from the sky. 2k gold license at max level. [this was the first time flight was just handed to us]

WOD: No flying at all for most of the expansion. Later it's decided that an achievement would unlock flying. You do some quests, exploration, treasure hunting, kill some orcs and grind a little rep. That's all and all of your alts get flying in Draenor (and a free mount!). [this is the first time we've been able to open flight to ALL characters on an account with a single character on that account...alts can fly at lvl 90 with the meta completed]

So let's recap. We have threads everyday about Vanilla being the best version of WoW (not my opinion but whatever) and there was no flying. TBC most people could fly but it was snail slow and only a handful of people had fast flying. Wrath (where our subs peaked) license was expensive enough that they had to put a "rent-a-gryphon" in . Cata started the whole "we must fly from the beginning trend". MOP tried to get back to the original "fly at max level and grind gold" version but they threw out way to much gold. And finally WOD they made it even easier by giving it to us if we just play the game.