02/02/2016 05:06 PMPosted by Bwa
Bawky, are you on the Alpha?

Yes, I am.
02/02/2016 06:28 PMPosted by Bawky
Bawky, are you on the Alpha?

Yes, I am.

Okay... so why....

You know what. Nevermind. More and more folks are tweeting at the devs for a clear statement on the fate of Astral caster form so hopefully we'll see a response soon. And if those with Alpha access could ask for a clarification in the Beta forum, that would be swell. Thanks.
I linked to Red Shirt Guy (with Alpha access) who confirmed that Glyph of Stars functionality has been added to the GotA talent as a starry version of the Moonkin form as Blizzard pretty much stated in their tweet.

And to respond, yes - Blessing of the Ancients talent does in fact give an Astral Moonkin appearance. Red Shirt Guy did confirm that is what the talent does. The same talent also makes your cat, bear, humanoid and travel forms astral as well. Which is super neat.

From the way the tweet was worded, just made it sound like they said they're using the same effect on the talent. It was just a statement. It wasn't a confirmation that the Glyph is gone or that they're scrapping it. If it isn't fixed by the next build, then it would be a cause for concern.

But right now? Tomes aren't even functioning from what i've seen and Glyphs are defunct.
02/02/2016 07:10 PMPosted by Bawky
From the way the tweet was worded, just made it sound like they said they're using the same effect on the talent. It was just a statement. It wasn't a confirmation that the Glyph is gone or that they're scrapping it. If it isn't fixed by the next build, then it would be a cause for concern.

If someone asks if the glyph will still be available, and Blizzard responds that the glyph's effects will be available through a talent, it sure sounds like they're saying the glyph will be gone. They didn't outright say it, so it could be a poorly worded response, but the fact that they tweeted that a week ago and haven't clarified despite the response means that's probably what they meant.
Definitely been some confusion/miscommunication on this topic. To be clear: we know that some Balance Druid players like being able to play with their character in a normal humanoid form, instead of Moonkin, and removing their ability to do so has never been the plan. We’ve just been considering some different ways to deliver it, and whether or not the blue starry visual has to be tied to it or not.

So, to clear the air a bit, here’s our current plan:
  • Glyph of Stars will be a minor glyph for Moonkin Form, which gives it the same Astral Form effect as on live (where you stay in caster form with a blue translucent visual).
  • The Blessing of the Ancients buffs will have lunar/solar visuals that apply to your current form (whether it be humanoid or Moonkin).
  • We’re still discussing on how the coloring effects will work if you have both Glyph of Stars and Blessing of the Ancients.

Hope that clarifies things!
02/02/2016 07:55 PMPosted by Lore
Definitely been some confusion/miscommunication on this topic. To be clear: we know that some Balance Druid players like being able to play with their character in a normal humanoid form, instead of Moonkin, and removing their ability to do so has never been the plan. We’ve just been considering some different ways to deliver it, and whether or not the blue starry visual has to be tied to it or not.

• Glyph of Stars will be a minor glyph for Moonkin Form, which gives it the same Astral Form effect as on live (where you stay in caster form with a blue translucent visual).
  • The Blessing of the Ancients buffs will have lunar/solar visuals that apply to your current form (whether it be humanoid or Moonkin).
  • We’re still discussing on how the coloring effects will work if you have both Glyph of Stars and Blessing of the Ancients.

Thank you for the response.
Christ, you guys... don't scare me like that!
I can see the light!!!! Hope is within distance!!! rejoice!!!!!!!!!!!!!!!!!!
Somewhat on this topic regarding glyphs... I think the UI for them on live works quite well, why not just keep that, add more slots and make all glyphs the same level (minor)? That makes it easy for players to see all the glyphs available to their class in the base UI, and easy to turn them on or off. The overhaul seems unnecessary, but I agree with the goal of removing player power glyphs
So Moonkin form is now mandatory for all Balance druids in the next expansion. How many of you are still going to play one?]

That's a joke right? If you are seriously going to consider not playing the class because of that, you need to just move on to another game. That would be unbelievably sad. If some one in my guild told me "I'm rerolling from Bombkin because I have to look like a Chicken again" I would just kick them from the guild.

Play the spec because you enjoy its playstyle and utility.
Not sure if mentioned yet in this thread, but I miss the more silvery/whiteish version of Glyph of the Stars that was later muted into the current form.

Lore, thank you so much for the answer.
As you can see we Druids are passionate about the Balance spec haha.

Cheers!

CHEERS! OMG, a Blue response. I've been anointed. Worship me, plebs. Bwahaha.

Thanks for the response, Lore.

While we are at it:

-can we haz an interface option to deactivate consolidated travel form,plx?
-can we haz astral form extend to our mounts again, plx?

• What about white as the moon? :3 Since it's the blessing of Elune
    I want to play balance in bear form. Because bear... Not that I have ever tried balance. lol
    Thank you, thank you, thank you Lore for putting this mass anxiety to rest!

Now then, will restoration/guardian/feral druids with Balance Affinity be able to use Glyph of Stars as well? I'm in the camp that prefers to pretend Moonkin Form is something that doesn't even exist...
    So does this mean we will be getting a solar variation of Glyph of stars? if so i would jump for joy. to look like a god like force of nature walking among the trees of azeroth
    Speaking ONLY for myself, I would prefer a glyph (whether it be "of stars" or "of something else") that does NOT retain the current blue visual. I didn't mind the original Glyph of Stars, but the one that's currently live obscures my character and transmog too much for my tastes (also it occasionally sparkles in such a way that hits my eye/brain in a bad way, but that's... mostly a personal problem, haha)

I created my druid back when feral was the only one who had ado with forms though, and would greatly prefer being able to be in caster form without any additional effects. That's not the way druid's been going though so I understand why that's not really a thing anymore (and is a large part of why I stopped playing her).

I appreciate the clarification either way!
    [quote]S

Play the spec because you enjoy its playstyle and utility.

I find this to be hilarious coming from someone playing the prettiest Male Blood Elf model in the game.