Another Option For Flying? Is It Time?

General Discussion
Prev 1 8 9 10 13 Next
01/05/2016 12:59 AMPosted by Lòst
However for someone coming in late, it's a rather overwhelming task and quite paralysing,

If you believe that two weeks is a paralyzing grind, you need to find a different genre of video games to play. Please stop trying to ruin MMOs for those of us who enjoy them.
01/05/2016 08:19 AMPosted by Jostlen
Please stop trying to ruin MMOs for those of us who enjoy them.
Likewise.
01/05/2016 08:21 AMPosted by Ravensword
01/05/2016 08:19 AMPosted by Jostlen
Please stop trying to ruin MMOs for those of us who enjoy them.
Likewise.

I'm not sure what you mean. WoW has already taken everything about traditional MMOs and stripped it down to almost nothing, or removed it entirely. What am I asking for or doing that continues that stripping down/removal?
The only part I found tedious was the rep grind, but that only took a couple of weeks, with a trade lodge/house thing in your garrison, it gives you 20% rep gains at level 3.

Dont be in a rush, theres still 9 months till the next expac, what else is there to occupy the time?
01/05/2016 01:12 AMPosted by Wolfar
If you guys get to purchase flying, then you get no achievement, no mount and flying would not be unlocked for all your alts as it is for those of us who have completed the meta -- that is how I think it should work if you get your way.

I agree... you should have a choice. Do the achievement and get it unlocked... or pay gold for each character and unlock it.

What I disagree with was how Blizzard made it available after the expansion was no longer relevant. People have unsubbed long ago, and having this sooner , I believe, would have kept more players in game.

In Legion I hope it is available at launch, after level cap and perhaps after some achievement. But it SHOULD be attainable without having to wait for some future content patch.
01/05/2016 08:38 AMPosted by Tristany
01/05/2016 01:12 AMPosted by Wolfar
If you guys get to purchase flying, then you get no achievement, no mount and flying would not be unlocked for all your alts as it is for those of us who have completed the meta -- that is how I think it should work if you get your way.

I agree... you should have a choice. Do the achievement and get it unlocked... or pay gold for each character and unlock it.

What I disagree with was how Blizzard made it available after the expansion was no longer relevant. People have unsubbed long ago, and having this sooner , I believe, would have kept more players in game.

In Legion I hope it is available at launch, after level cap and perhaps after some achievement. But it SHOULD be attainable without having to wait for some future content patch.

/agree and nope it won't be. Because Blizzard reasons.
However for someone coming in late, it's a rather overwhelming task and quite paralysing, especially as it feels like once the various grinds are done flying will feel rather redundant. Tanaan can also feel a bit frustrating when people are constantly zooming down and picking off rares and chests before you can tag them.

For those of us who kept with the expansion, we had to run around for quite a long time. Much longer than the time it will take you to play/get pathfinder all at the same time.

Sorry it feels redundant to you. A lot of the game is redundant. Having alts is redundant -- but the nice thing about Pathfinder is you only need to do it once. Once. And then you are off to fly on all your other alts.

I understand people feel like they should be able to play WoW any way they want. They should be -- but then they shouldn't be flying. It is Blizzard's game and they set the rules. The rules say if you want flying this expansion this is what you have to do. Doesn't matter what was done before. There's that ERSB warning about how "game play can change without notice". I commend those of us who set lines on what we will and will not do, but when you make your CHOICE then shut up and accept the consequences.

There are "catch up" mechanics. For one, there are the missives for Securing Draenor so you don't need RNG. For two, you know what is required. For those of us who were in the expansion from the beginning, we didn't know. Blizzard handled the whole issue very poorly -- debacle is a good word to describe it. Since you can take advantage of the rest of us and the addons and such that were developed, your playing field is not the level field we had.

Sorry that you were gone and other people got "better" than you. They got better gear and weapons, they got flying. Yes, they can do stuff you can't do. You don't get to decide to play chess on Tuesday and be able to beat a Grand Master on Wednesday. Life (and game) just isn't fair.

Fly or don't fly. Other than the two starting zones, nothing is more than a minute or two away on foot or on flight path. There are the flight paths, mole machines, ogre mage tower/waystations, zone hearths, followers who can portal you back to your garrison, all sorts of ways to get around. If all you want to do is dungeon/raid/battleground well then stay in your garrison and queue for stuff. Or, you could just do stuff while you queue and find yourself able to fly.

Snowflake, you aren't so special. We all had to get flying. We all (99.9% of us) had people who got it before we did. So do it or don't. Doesn't matter to the rest of us other than the annoyance of the whining.
01/05/2016 02:10 AMPosted by Ràger
01/05/2016 02:05 AMPosted by Quenya
It takes maybe 8-12 days, tops if you level an alt to get the achievement.

Claiming "I started late" doesn't cut it.

I would actually have some sympathy for your cause if you were just honest that you don't want to put in the effort. Admit your playstyle is sitting in your garrison and doing instances.

But trying to couch it is some sort of sob story is pure BS and you know it.

It is boring.
It is tedious.
It is gated content that we had before.
It forces players to do content that they "gasp" might not want to do.

So in other words. It is bad. And all of you should feel bad for supporting blizzard bad habits. But hey keep doing it. I am grinning as the subs keep falling.

Then this isn't the game for you. It isn't a bad thing. No one is making you stay here and suffer through it. That is more of a martyr complex on your end
01/05/2016 08:25 AMPosted by Jostlen
01/05/2016 08:21 AMPosted by Ravensword
... Likewise.

I'm not sure what you mean. WoW has already taken everything about traditional MMOs and stripped it down to almost nothing, or removed it entirely. What am I asking for or doing that continues that stripping down/removal?

You supported an authoritarian bid to take freedom of movement away from players. This allowed Blizzard to use specious excuses to make less content and charge us more. On top of that, you've been nothing but insulting for over 6 months all because you don't want to read some words on a forum.

Of course, you're not the only one. It's just that you said those words and it made me realize you and some of the others like you who've been aggressively silencing people like me are trying to ruin mmo's for me and others.

I really hold no ill will. It's just your opinion and you have a right to it. Just remember that you're not the only one having their game ruined by other players. There's two sides to every coin.
01/05/2016 09:56 AMPosted by Quenya
Then this isn't the game for you. It isn't a bad thing. No one is making you stay here and suffer through it. That is more of a martyr complex on your end

I will fight tooth and nail to change this game BACK to what it should be. The game before WOD was a game we enjoyed. WOD changed it to something that most don't like.

Simple facts.
I prefer my glider as I explore a vast jungle.
"stop being lazy"

thats all.

tho i hate the treasure part(200 treasures? F you) but i endured it.
01/05/2016 10:43 AMPosted by Erti
"stop being lazy"

thats all.

tho i hate the treasure part(200 treasures? F you) but i endured it.

No, and you are stupid to do something you don't like.
Now I'm not asking for a handout, but it would be nice at this point in the expansion to allow people the option of purchasing it for gold.

I like the way you contradict yourself in the same sentence. The character I'm posting on is the only one with anything close to a "maxed-out" garrison. I average about 800 to 1,000 gold PER DAY just from doing treasure missions in the morning while I sip my coffee, and again in the evening after dinner. On one character. I can solo a few old raids (25H Firelands, 25H ICC, 25H BWD, etc) in about 2 hours total playtime, and bring in about another 6,000 - 8,000 gold per week. The amount of gold you quoted (50,000) is absolutely NOTHING.
If you want to fly in Draenor - do the grind. If you're unwilling to do the grind for Pathfinder, then tough cookies, and enjoy the gravity.
Having to earn an achievement that is gated behind a wall of time to fly is stupid. The game was perfect the way it was, flying should be bought and learned from a trainer the way it has always been.

WoD is the worst xpac ever for this game.
TL/DR: Grinds should give neat new stuff, like cool mounts, toys, titles etc. I think that offering a different route for WOD flying would be a nice gesture at this point in the expansion, possibly allowing it to be unlocked via killing Archi H or a large sum of gold.

Just for the record, its comments like these that make me think the entire flying movement exists because people are jaded.

Flying is a really cool thing, yet, because we're used to it, people take it for granted. I think requiring progression towards it, just like the other cool things, is actually a really great compromise.
01/05/2016 11:00 AMPosted by Marksorc
Having to earn an achievement that is gated behind a wall of time to fly is stupid. The game was perfect the way it was, flying should be bought and learned from a trainer the way it has always been.

WoD is the worst xpac ever for this game.

agree and most people who felt that way left. Now all that left is..well this. People who are so far up Blizzard that no matter what stupid mistake Blizzard makes. They will support it.
I wish Blizz would unlock flying with a Legion pre-purchase made after February 1, 2016. That way the five million people who left because of flying would come back.

Except they wouldn't. Because flying wasn't that important to most of them. And if you don't have flying by now... you're not even trying once a week.
I'm fine with the level of rep grinding to get it;

I'm not fine is that this rep is mostly gated on dailies.

Right now due to my job, I can log only weekends... So, that's two times each daily per week. That's very frustrating when the only method to grind that rep is daily questing.

I'd gladly change this for an even grind-er method, like killing stuff for much much less rep. Like the saberon place does, because that way I would feel okay with logging only twice a week, but spending like 5 hours on a killing session.

EDIT: just asking for options here
I say, stop being cry babies, and just do it once at level 100,
this way your other level 90 toons will have less to do, do to it all being account wide.
which mean they'll have less to redo again.

PS: plus there no License to buy over and over again for each of your toons this time.