White War Talbuk

General Discussion
Prev 1 14 15 16 24 Next
02/09/2011 9:13 PMPosted by Rapmusic
After consulting the before and after pictures, it is clear that they changed it to stop it from looking retarded.

I believe your toon's name says it all.
So, what you're saying, Daxx, is that the blue coloration on the horns and hooves was a bug/glitch from back when it was released in BC, and was unintentionally fixed now, after being left alone for so long?

That sounds confrontational, I don't mean it to be.

It just seems odd to me that if it was a known graphical bug before, it hadn't been fixed in BC after the mount was originally released.

Not that I'm complaining, I farmed my rep for that Talbuk and I love its blue hooves.

Edit: Sorry Daxx, called you Bashiok. :| I was just looking at something of his, should never read and try and type something unrelated.
But I prefer the fixed version :'(
I was happy they had changed it.
Silly fluo talbuk :'(
02/09/2011 9:31 PMPosted by Offensivenam
Man, these nerds were super pissed about something completely irrelevant. The mount is still atrocious.

the entire game is irrelevant
02/09/2011 9:31 PMPosted by Offensivenam
Man, these nerds were super pissed about something completely irrelevant. The mount is still atrocious.

Different strokes for different folks. There's never any accounting for taste.

I could say that you're a super nerd for showing your helmet, because your engineering goggles are atrocious. It's not a fact, it's an opinion.

You can like the goggles just fine, and I can like the talbuk just fine. There's nothing wrong with either, and anyone who thinks that something is inherently or "factually" "bad" or "ugly" based on their own opinion is likely... very immature.
Woah there! Hold your horses (or talbuks, as the case may be).

While not exactly a bug (the opposite, actually), this change to the White War Talbuk wasn't intentional. The current plan is to revert the White War Talbuk to its original, shiny blue hoof and horned state at the earliest opportunity.

another bug?

-_-

it seems like this game gets more and more broken everyday

Apparently, it was the, "opposite of a bug." If bugs are unintended, unplanned or undocumented features does that make this an intended, planned and documented feature that's being reverted? /boggle
So, what you're saying, Daxx, is that the blue coloration on the horns and hooves was a bug/glitch from back when it was released in BC, and was unintentionally fixed now, after being left alone for so long?

That sounds confrontational, I don't mean it to be.

It just seems odd to me that if it was a known graphical bug before, it hadn't been fixed in BC after the mount was originally released.

Not that I'm complaining, I farmed my rep for that Talbuk and I love its blue hooves.

Edit: Sorry Daxx, called you Bashiok. :| I was just looking at something of his, should never read and try and type something unrelated.

I could be wrong, but if I understand correctly, what basically happened is that there was a bug with something with the glow or something as referenced by the EU person. However, in fixing that bug, they accidentally changed the color. So while fixing one bug, they essentially created another, which they will fix later.

While not exactly a bug (the opposite, actually), this change to the White War Talbuk wasn't intentional. The current plan is to revert the White War Talbuk to its original, shiny blue hoof and horned state at the earliest opportunity.

I really hope there is a way to somehow keep the updated model without those blue horns and hooves. I really don't like any of the other talbuks with armor, and really would hate to have that blue stuff back. WTB this version of the mount, please.
Omg blizz you're destroying your game with grey talbuks ahahahahaahah
better do what they say or they might have a heart attack
Wow 15 pages of QQ over a minor mount issue? don't you guys have something better to do. They said they will fix it so drop the freaking issue and let them do there jobs. As for bugs I would like to see any of you guys manage a multibillion $ franchise with more players to support then most other MMOs combind, blizzard does a good job to addressing bugs, sometimes weird things just happen and really shouldn't be threatening to quit etc etc over the color of a mount obviously someone didn't enjoy the game to begin with.. How about just moving on instead of blaming people.

Since you plan to do this, why not give us back the wrath animation for Acherus Deathchargers and Crimson Deathchargers.

Perhaps the old Blood Boil animation too.

Why the homogenization of artwork you've already created?
Well I hope they decide to change the White War Talbuk, back to the purple horns and hooves, considering all the complaints. As for myself, it was my favorite land mount I have on my main, and I just got exalted with the Kurenai on my 70 alt just for the White Talbuk.