White War Talbuk

General Discussion
Prev 1 18 19 20 24 Next
lol. Feed Blizz's trolling. This whole patch was one big troll.

Mounts, gear, pets, titles, dungeons.. a LOT of things were meddled with.
Personally I think the new skin looks great.

As it happens, you'll get to enjoy the new textures for a bit longer. Since this issue isn't something that can be hotfixed, we currently expect the talbuk to return to its former state with a future patch.

Nether ray has been broken for 2 patches now :\

We plan to resolve the issues with the nether ray mounts in a future patch as well.
02/10/2011 6:34 PMPosted by Daxxarri
We plan to resolve the issues with the nether ray mounts in a future patch as well.

Can u fix the ram mounts for Gnomes too? I dont exactly like riding around in their belly...
02/10/2011 7:07 PMPosted by Iccarus

Can u fix the ram mounts for Gnomes too? I dont exactly like riding around in their belly...

I think some people dream about that type of thing.
As it happens, you'll get to enjoy the new textures for a bit longer. Since this issue isn't something that can be hotfixed, we currently expect the talbuk to return to its former state with a future patch.

in other words
it will be fixed soon*

*http://www.wowwiki.com/Soon
(also, not trolling, just trying to keep things light)
Woah there! Hold your horses (or talbuks, as the case may be).

While not exactly a bug (the opposite, actually), this change to the White War Talbuk wasn't intentional. The current plan is to revert the White War Talbuk to its original, shiny blue hoof and horned state at the earliest opportunity.

Man I'm glad we got an answer to that pressing Talbuk issue rather than a single answer about all of the ways that rBGs are messed up right now.
So. To my understanding, this talbuk has had the wrong texture since it was released, back in BC.

There has been opportunity since the release, then, to correct it. Perhaps in beta as well. However, it was left until now.

And then, it was done incorrectly. The colors were changed unintentionally during the fix.

Years to "fix" something that no one really knew was broken, and now we are forced to wait for a future patch to correct it?

If I am understanding this all correctly, I am far from impressed.

Especially considering the sound in the entire game is still broken since Cata launched. I don't see where the priority was on one talbuk hoof color.
02/10/2011 6:34 PMPosted by Daxxarri
Personally I think the new skin looks great.

Nether ray has been broken for 2 patches now :\

I am the Op in this thread, You have addressed the issue, next patch i expect the talbuk to be reinstated to his original colors, please delete, lock this thread, for it has gone off topic.
Actually, it's pretty on topic. The random changes, years later, really baffle me, and as has been pointed out, there are a vast array today of ACTUAL BROKEN THINGS, and here they are, altering skins that people held dear.

It's not just old stuff either. WTF is the deal with the Temple Scarab? You took the most vibrant and cool pet and made it fracking TAN?

Meanwhile, how's that haste bug??? Big fail Blizz. Grrr.
Man, I farmed for that mount for like 5 hours. I am glad it's only temporary.
ROFL they do need to nerf Fun!
02/10/2011 8:34 PMPosted by Enkidu
Actually, it's pretty on topic. The random changes, years later, really baffle me, and as has been pointed out, there are a vast array today of ACTUAL BROKEN THINGS, and here they are, altering skins that people held dear.

The thing is, large amounts of mount skins seem to be updated frequently in patches, in minor ways. I presume they have to, to keep up to date with handling various new features of the game or player appearances without the mounts looking buggy. The WWT texture fix probably arose innocently as part of one of those. Secondly, not all developers are able to work on all things. They have their areas of responsibility and it's not like an art team member could just be reassigned to fix a more important hunter bug, for example. But if you enjoy feeding your bitterness and rage with the scenario you've constructed, I doubt you'll consider any alternatives.

02/10/2011 8:34 PMPosted by Enkidu
WTF is the deal with the Temple Scarab? You took the most vibrant and cool pet and made it fracking TAN?

Actually, with that change ALL beetle skins in the database are now available and tameable. There's no skin that the Temple Scarab had that isn't available to you somewhere.
02/08/2011 6:57 PMPosted by Bonedust
Can someone please explain why my White War talbuk lost his blue horns and feet, this was my favorite mount and now it looks stupid. They mess with my favorite clases, screw with the mounts that have been that way since BC. Seriously I would like to know who is calling the shots now, Cata has been full of dissapointments and let down. Im quitting this game because i know the cool people who managed the game in bc are long gone.

They changed alot of things actually. Ever since this new patch, The game for me has been a disappointment. I'm pretty pissed with how they messed with our classes and nerfing DK, and Locks, changed transformation items, and more.
So. To my understanding, this talbuk has had the wrong texture since it was released, back in BC.

There has been opportunity since the release, then, to correct it. Perhaps in beta as well. However, it was left until now.

And then, it was done incorrectly. The colors were changed unintentionally during the fix.

Years to "fix" something that no one really knew was broken, and now we are forced to wait for a future patch to correct it?

If I am understanding this all correctly, I am far from impressed.
Haha, yeah they always "fix" what is not broken, such as certain classes they nerf into the ground, that didnt need the nerf.

Especially considering the sound in the entire game is still broken since Cata launched. I don't see where the priority was on one talbuk hoof color.