Haste Issue Causing Ability Errors - Update#2

General Discussion
Prev 1 3 4 5 7 Next
I've also noticed something that may be tied to this. In survival my Cobra Shot claims to to be a 1.37 second cast time but when I use the ability the cast bar displays it as 1.6 seconds. Now I know the default UI does not show cast time on the actual cast bar but I asked several people with various addons that allow such and all report the same issue. Cobra Shot is not shooting any faster than 1.6 seconds.

When I pop all cooldowns that buff haste/attack speed(Berserking and Rapid Fire). The tooltip says the cast time for Cobra Shot is 0.719 but the cast bar displays 0.9 seconds. So there is about a 0.2 or so second discrepancy between what tooltip claims and cast bar does. not a big deal I guess but it could matter for hunter's at lower haste values.
Here the guy is bringing helpful information to you, and you get all over his stuff because he made a quick typo trying to hash this out between the 100 other things he has to do.

Do you ever make silly mistakes at work? Yea

Haha, don't worry about it. It's like, three clicks for me to suspend someone. It's super duper easy.

This is the most HILARIOUS response I've ever seen. +100 dkp!
02/09/2011 5:33 AMPosted by Cadz
So...what's the update. anyone know if/when this is going to be fixed? Should I just not bother logging in?

The display bug will cause you some delays from pressing a key several times before you can actually activate the ability. You will probably lose a nominal amount of DPS due to this. In itself this is not a huge deal.
I dont know if this is related but I was getting a bug last night where PoH was getting a long cooldown (like 10 sec)
In the patch notes is says the cast time of Aimed Shot was lowered to 2.4 seconds base, but my cast time is currently 2.54 seconds with 14.36% haste. Another hunter at the target dummies beside me has a base cast time of 2.4 seconds and a third player who is looking at our cast bars as we cast Aimed Shot see the other hunter casting Aimed shot at 2.4s with no gear and me casting at 2.9s with no gear. The tool tip in my spell book shows 3.0s cast time when my character is naked. All of these casts are done without the Improved Steady Shot buff.
I was wondering if any other hunters were having the same problem and if something is being done to fix this or if I may have to download the patch again somehow.
In the patch notes is says the cast time of Aimed Shot was lowered to 2.4 seconds base, but my cast time is currently 2.54 seconds with 14.36% haste. Another hunter at the target dummies beside me has a base cast time of 2.4 seconds and a third player who is looking at our cast bars as we cast Aimed Shot see the other hunter casting Aimed shot at 2.4s with no gear and me casting at 2.9s with no gear. The tool tip in my spell book shows 3.0s cast time when my character is naked. All of these casts are done without the Improved Steady Shot buff.
I was wondering if any other hunters were having the same problem and if something is being done to fix this or if I may have to download the patch again somehow.

This seems related to what I posted above. It likely is caused by the same issue mentioned in this topic or a separate issue entirely.
I decided to try Azcastbar to see if it reports the same issue. It does not. 1.37 cobra tooltip and the cast bar says 1.5 which is still slightly off...

Tukui and Elv UI are reporting wrong cast times..as is azcastbar.... and castbars(1.6).

I am no longer sure if this is a addon issue or a bug x.X
My problem isn't cast bars showing incorrect cast times. It is that the cast time of my Aimed Shot was not lowered to 2.4s as stated in the patch notes. The base cast time is 3.0s, which I believe was the original cast time this patch was supposed to drop it down to from 3.5s. Some hunters have this same issue who I have talked to and others have a base cast time of 2.4s. I don't understand why it wouldn't affect all hunters.

"Aimed Shot weapon damage has been increased to 200%, up from 150%. In addition, the base cast time has been reduced to 2.4 seconds, down from 3."
If you cannot hot fix this one, I have no problem with you shutting down for a time or doing restarts to implement a fix. I just hope you can find the problem quickly.
02/09/2011 8:54 AMPosted by Natit
My problem isn't cast bars showing incorrect cast times. It is that the cast time of my Aimed Shot was not lowered to 2.4s as stated in the patch notes. The base cast time is 3.0s, which I believe was the original cast time this patch was supposed to drop it down to from 3.5s. Some hunters have this same issue who I have talked to and others have a base cast time of 2.4s. I don't understand why it wouldn't affect all hunters.

ahh your undead. We have seen this before. I bet you Undead, Goblin, and Worgen and Human all have the same issue.
I logged on earlier and it doesn't look like i'm having this issue any more, but I've not seen any posts about it being fixed so i can't be certain if it was or was not.
That could be the case with this. I tested my hunter's cast times against an orc and troll hunter. They both had correct cast times. A newly made worgen hunter to test the cast time also has an incorrect Aimed Shot cast time of 2.9s. It's level 19, zero haste.
I was trying to do heroics and thought it was some problem with generating too much energy via haste and combat potency for the game to catch up or something... thought it was just me, or my internet. Glad to know it's a bug.

HOW DO I SHOT SINISTER STRICK
in relation to th cobra cast time issue

02/09/2011 9:57 AMPosted by Mendia
It's a bug that was reported on the PTR. Take off your melee weapon, both shots will magically have the same cast time. Both shots will still take the same amount of time to cast, there is just an error in the tooltip.

our melee weapon is lowering the tooltip time significantly and it should not.
02/09/2011 5:11 AMPosted by Spikedriver
If I made as many mistakes at my job as these guys do, I would be fired

What job would that be? Surgeon, yeah I would hope so...for a job like this though mistakes are inevitable and I think they honestly do a lot better than some other MMORPG's that have come before.

That and in your job you haven't grown your product over 6 years to be the dominant firm in your industry while constantly increasing your customer base (what is it now 15 million subscriptions?)
If I made as many mistakes at my job as these guys do, I would be fired

Wow... just wow...
You mind editing your post so you don't make it look like I said that originally?
02/08/2011 5:18 PMPosted by Bashiok
An apparent last-minute bug which was not found on the PTR before the patch was finalized has caused the client and server to disagree on the way haste affects resource generation. This bug will manifest itself in the UI showing a player they have enough resources to use an ability, but the server correctly prevents it as they in fact do not. A death knight for example might see a rune light up that isn’t actually available so when they use the ability, it won’t fire. A rogue may think they have enough energy to use Sinister Strike, but they can’t actually afford it so when they push the button, they will get an error. This bug could affect rogues, death knights, hunters and Feral druids, because these characters all gain more resources from haste. It will also affect buffs that affect attack speed, such as Slice and Dice, Windfury, Icy Talons, and Hunting Party, but also attack speed lowering effects like Thunder Clap. We're currently working on a fix.

okay after reading this again (and again) I'm a little confused - if my UI is showing me that Mutilate is costing 70 energy (which it should not - especially since I'm glyphed for it), um... doesn't this mean the bug is showing me I have less energy than I do? Or is this a completely separate bug (which it seems to be) because my energy costs and pool are teh suck right now and there's nothing in the patch notes that indicates it should be (anymore than it was before 4.0.6). I'm having to use twice as many white hits as usual because mutilate is drinking my milkshake.