Arcane Mage Stat Priority

Mage
I've recently rolled a Arcane Mage (changed from Fire), really love the spec, and was wondering what the stat priority is for a raiding Arcane Mage.

I know the first two priorities are: Hit *until cap* > Intellect

And then I get alittle lost on the Haste vs Crit vs Mastery. I read a few websites and I keep getting some different combos of whats better since the T11 gear reduces cast time of Arcane Blast by 10% before and after. So whats recommended?

Thanks in advance for any help!
I don't raid. But once you reach hit cap. For me, its mastery > crit > haste

The way I see it, both mastery and crit helps increase damange without draining your mana. While haste runs you oom faster. Your mana regen during combat doesn't increase just because you have over 1500 haste rating.

Mastery is the best because it increases your damage all the time. My mastery now gives me 30% more damage. My basic first cast arcane blast does 15k damage. And crits are that much better if your base damage increases.

Let's say haste allows me to squeeze in 10 seconds more of casting in a 300 minute fight. That's not going to help much if I don't have the mana to capitalise on it. With low haste rating, I can keep up an ABx3, arcane blast/missiles rotation indefinitely. With a very high haste rating, my mana may keep on dropping so it is no longer mana neutral.

To me, haste is last for arcane mages. At least until you have such good gear that you can keep on arcane blasting for the entire boss fight.

The 4 set bonus is good because its worth a lot of item points. 10% reduction for a 4 set bonus is pretty awesome. Imagine how many item points you would have to reforge out of if you were aiming to achieve the same effect by reforging. Since Arcane blast is one of our main spells (we arguably cast it even more often than fire mages cast fireballs). So, we gain the most from our 4 set bonus.

I would take the bonus if I had the 4 set, and I would love it. It comes free once you have 4 piece, on top of all the stats you have for having epic gear. But when I reforge stats, the its mastery > crit > haste.
Many thanks :)
Actually hit has now taken a bit of a back seat to int. In other words, Gem for Int above all else, and use reforging to get the hit you need.

Next up would be a sort of tie between haste and mastery. I've tested both and I tend to slightly prefer mastery. Crit is dead last for arcane and should always be reforged into a better stat.

So basically:

Int>>Hit>>Mastery/Haste>>Crit

You can check my armory to see an example of this, though I will be changing the Meta to the new gem after the patch.
Actually hit has now taken a bit of a back seat to int. In other words, Gem for Int above all else, and use reforging to get the hit you need.

Next up would be a sort of tie between haste and mastery. I've tested both and I tend to slightly prefer mastery. Crit is dead last for arcane and should always be reforged into a better stat.

So basically:

Int>>Hit>>Mastery/Haste>>Crit

You can check my armory to see an example of this, though I will be changing the Meta to the new gem after the patch.

I find this to be 'almost' correct. The only thing I would change is put haste last over crit. Seeing as how arcane mages are very mana dependent and do more damage when our mana pool is closer to full we want all the crits we can get. Reason being that you should always take the talent master of elements so you can get that little bit extra mana back for your crits.
crit has horrible conversion from rating into crit chance. Haste is still better than crit for arcane.
Haste and Mastery synergise very well for an Arcane Mages sustain phase. According to Elitist Jerks, at around 15-20% haste, our DPS from Mastery is greatly improved, making Mastery a better stat then haste AFTER that point. At about 10%~ Mastery and Haste are about equal. Before that, Haste is better. Crit is a non-issue, you should get plenty from all the Int you stack. Crit rating is a waste for us. Focus in Haste till at least 10%ish, probably 12% would be better, then start getting both Haste and Mastery.
Could you link that info, please? I don't remember seeing that over at EJ at all . . .
I can say, from experience, that stacking Mastery has raised my DPS higher than when I was stacking Haste. I was originally geming and reforging for Int>Hit Cap>Haste>Mastery>Crit. I have since reforged and gemed for Int>Hit Cap>Mastery>Crit/Haste. My DPS looks significantly better. While I miss the speed of my casts a bit (it helps in some fights where you have to move a lot), I've got some haste procs (Hurricane), and AB4 still casts fairly quickly, so even if I have to run or blink, I can still usually sustain the stack and keep my fast casts.
I personally don't advocate haste, as once you move and start casting, the amount of time you are caching to provide an additional cast resets to 0. Also, longer cast times provide more of an opportunity to regen mana, allowing higher-stacked ABs in the conserve.

I'd rather roll the bones and increase the odds that one of my super-powered AB4s crits during the burn, so I choose crit>haste.
Thanks for the many replies to this! And will just have to experiment with this. Once the maintence is over, I'll go to the dummies and try reforging out some Crit into Haste and vice versa. And see what I like better on my mage!

I really like mages, and probably one of the most funniest classes I've played since this toon. :) I named him my second main! They are just that interesting!

Thanks again for all the information.

PS: Is there a Haste cap for said Mages? (Sorry for the noob question, still "new" at my mage.)
There is no haste cap for arcane mages. Well I guess bringing GCD to 1 sec or bringing AB to GCD during BL would be haste caps. That is just no possible with current gear.
I dont knowmuch and that y i was looking around on this place. So for me mastery intelect and about even in crit and haste. I know hit rating is important but as an arcane mage im caped without even trying all came from gear and not any gems or enchants. If i wasnt then it would be a must. I notice that haste is important with trash were i get more dps but for bosses mastery intelect cirt give me the best dps. TY
Aztecmage, i hope you read this because you could use a little help with your gearing. For your hit cap you want to be as close to 17% hit while going over it. So 17.01% is better than 16.99% at least as far as hit is concerned. You're below 15% hit right now so you will be missing a lot more than you should, and that is lost dps. You will mainly want to get to your hit cap by reforging some of your secondary stats into it. Reforge haste off first, crit off second, and mastery off last, but you want to avoid reforging out of mastery if at all possible. You can also move closer to that hit cap by putting in a veiled demonseye gem into any blue sockets.

When you have your hit cap, you will then want to reforge any gear you can into mastery. Mastery is your best secondary stat for an arcane mage. As far as your gemming goes, you want to gem so that you have the maximum amount of intellect possible. You are putting orange gems into red sockets which is bad, if money is an issue and the brilliant inferno rubies are expensive then its understandable. You have to look at each piece individually for it's socket bonus but if you can get more intellect from putting all red gems in than you would from putting in a hybrid gem and getting the socket bonus than put all red gems in. Like your chest piece for example. Putting in 2 red gems into the sockets would net you 80 intellect rather than the maximum 50 intellect you would get by using hybrid gems +socket bonus.

Just try and remember your stat priority is basically Intellect>Hit cap>Mastery>crit>haste and gem/enchant/reforge your gear accordingly. If you need help with reforging/enchanting look up ask mr robot and you can put your character and it will help out with your gearing.

Hope this helps

Twentyeyes that was a great post ! Thanx.
bad necro