Faded Wizard Hat - Seriously Blizzard?

General Discussion
1 2 3 29 Next
For those of you unfamiliar with this item it's a quest reward that Horde players can earn in Azshara which is a cloth helm that, when used, changes the players model for 30 minutes. See also: http://www.wowhead.com/item=53057/faded-wizard-hat

However, with the release of 4.0.6, the buff is removed upon removing the item from your own character.

This is a slap in the face (necessary statement when upset about something Blizzard has done) and frankly is disappointing on many levels. First, when a fun item has been implemented, Blizzard has in the past made it available to both factions. (See: Furbolg Wand) However, when this hat was implemented and players discovered it, instead of making it (or something alike) available to both factions, it was instead nerfed to uselessness. Yes, I can still use the wand while standing around Orgrimmar, but I can no longer bring it to raids.

Sometimes I enjoy using different models while raiding, changing up your animations can spark life in your character. This is why players still get noggenfoggers, savory deviate delights, etc.

I don't see any logic that justifies this change, and in my opinion, it goes AGAINST the spirit of the game. There is no possible way to exploit this, this item was purely for vanity's sake.

I am usually a fan of decisions that are good for the game while still being unpopular, however, with this particular change I cannot say that I see any reason behind it.

Please Blizzard, reconsider this.

Sincerely,
an extremely disappointed 6 year vet.
the orb of deception works the same way. you want a cool buff from a junky item, you need to rock the junky item.

i understand some legit hose-jobs blizz has doled out over the years - i do not think this falls into that category.
i think the bigger issue is what Setsugekka brings up. that used to drive me crazy to learn they mess with silly little level 12 items, yet they avoid necessary issues.
It's kinda unfair for horde to have it only anyways.
02/08/2011 9:37 AMPosted by Recognize
i think the bigger issue is what Setsugekka brings up. that used to drive me crazy to learn they mess with silly little level 12 items, yet they avoid necessary issues.

There are different teams that work on different things. A change like this takes maybe 30 seconds. Technical issues like that are a completely different ballpark with a lot of different moving parts.

As I said, what you've mentioned doesn't disturb me at all. I don't see the point of removing a fun perk, regardless.
the orb of deception works the same way. you want a cool buff from a junky item, you need to rock the junky item.

i understand some legit hose-jobs blizz has doled out over the years - i do not think this falls into that category.

ohai spiteful

hahaha i have been spotted. it's nice to see you friend. i had been gone for years. do you have any toons left on darrowmere?
Screw it. Equipping my hat for Chogall. I want to cast as a night elf warlock, dammit.

ohai spiteful

hahaha i have been spotted. it's nice to see you friend. i had been gone for years. do you have any toons left on darrowmere?

No, Darrowmere's Alliance diaspora is located on Alterac Mountains while the Horde went Malorne. A few stragglers on Auchindoon and Vashj.
I am jealous of the awesome hat for sure but we have had Mir's Drinking pimp hat for years now and I dont think there is an equivalent to the horde
i will check alterac mts. i want to say hello to cybelle if she still plays. thanks for the heads up.
Slap. In. The. Face!!! on so many levels.

it's like faceslap^2!

At least faceslap^3
CDTP.
02/08/2011 9:58 AMPosted by Rizz
CDTP.
?
gimme back my damn hat, throw those allies a bone too.
I feel the need to quote a fellow player of mine's reaction to this change.

"No fun allowed!!" This isn't a game! It is a JOB!!
I want my old hat back :(