The Exalted Title

General Discussion
Prev 1 63 64 65 135 Next
I think you're crying. If you got the title when it was relevant, then you only need to worry about getting 5 of the 6 reps introduced in cataclysm. If you got the title after cata was released, you were basically handed 5-6 free reps that everyone else who got the title in wotlk had to work for.

Again, wrong. I had 40 exalted titles not long after Lich King came out. They added 8 new factions in Cata but the requirement is now 50 get the title (that I had earned) back. I've already grinded out all of the new factions except for Guild, which I am two weeks away from due to weekly caps. At that point, I will have done all the new rep grinds introduced in Cata and STILL NOT HAVE MY TITLE BACK.

Get it? They screwed up.
Glad to see the thread is still moving.

More input. To people considering grinding up to 50 exalted reps to get their titles back...and anyone considering the Insane just because they want it. Keep in mind that if you do cartel reps (4 reps) first, you will LOSE them and LOSE CREDIT for them when you do bloodsail (like bloodsail is even doable at this point solo, it's really NOT for most classes).

To people thinking they'll switch to or from Aldor to or from Scryers, you DO NOT get credit for both.

To people thinking of going after the Oracles for the Green Proto Drake and then switching to Frenzyheart, you will NOT GET CREDIT for both.

Anyone else think this is ridiculous? Where in the achievements, any of the rep achievements, does it say you have to Raise AND MAINTAIN a certain number of reps?

What happens when someone grinds out cartel for Insane title, and they get Exalted doing it, then they switch to Bloodsail and lose FOUR reps to gain ONE. They lose the title and achievement? How does this make any sense at all?

50 exalted reps is a large task, made worse by not counting all reps you've grinded to exalted. FIX IT.

I think you're crying. If you got the title when it was relevant, then you only need to worry about getting 5 of the 6 reps introduced in cataclysm. If you got the title after cata was released, you were basically handed 5-6 free reps that everyone else who got the title in wotlk had to work for.

And I'm thinking that the majority of people complaining fall into the latter, considering how easy it is to get 5 cataclysm reps to exalted. I got 5/6 cata reps to exalted without a single bit of effort put into it. How did I accomplish this astonishing feat, you might ask? Well, I quested to 85. Then I ran heroics for my blue gear. After that, I have done 1 daily heroic a day. I have not done a single daily rep quest, nor run heroics for the sole purpose of obtaining rep.

So, for those who are crying about not getting grandfathered into the title, consider this: if you didn't have the motivation to get the title in wotlk when it actually required work, you don't deserve to be handed the title just because blizzard put a bunch of new ezmode factions in the game.

People like you who think anything that isn't accomplished in the tier it's implemented shouldn't ever be able to be obtained are part of the reason this was done in the first place.
02/09/2011 7:39 AMPosted by Namegone
This is probably the worst decision I've seen Blizzard actively make.

RealID > title removal.

Blizzard should just add a new reward for 50 and let people keep the title. Maybe give a Tabard of The Exalted or a new mount.
02/09/2011 10:29 AMPosted by Paladinchaz
Seems the new tracker isnt working, I have 49 exalted, but the counter only shows 48.

I currently have 47, but my counter on the 50 rep achieve in game says 45/45. Yea, great programming Blizzard...
02/09/2011 10:34 AMPosted by Ooyuki
This is probably the worst decision I've seen Blizzard actively make.

RealID > title removal.

At least RealID had an upside. Using real names on the forums, on the other hand...
Blizzard should just add a new reward for 50 and let people keep the title. Maybe give a Tabard of The Exalted or a new mount.

A new mount...maybe call it "Drake of the North-by-Northwest Wind"

There are many better ways they could have implemented this. The sad fact was that they are too lazy to try anymore. Really? They couldn't come up with any new titles or rewards for people to show off just how exalted they are? That's just sad.
responsive and accountable, only when blizzard feels like it
This is a horsecrap! I have played this game for 6 1/2 years. It took me forever to get 40 reps and as soon as I do you idiots yank the title away like some stupid carrot on a string. I'm not some dumb animal that is going to be led around. You're already accomplishing so much by telling your casual players to "suck it up, dungeons are hard" and now you're not going to grandfather an achievement in when you've clearly done it for others?

I figure it this way, you keep this crap up and WoW will have about 1 more expansion left. You're starting to run lean on story and you're burning your player base right and left. You've somewhat gone back to catering to a higher end player and telling the casuals, insomuch, this is the way it is.

To my knowledge, You've never made an achievement a moving target like you've done with "The Exalted". But it seems that and enjoying the game are now a moving target at this point.

I'm done with this "my way or the highway" B.S. You guys can TRY to explain how nothing permanent. But understand this, people dont stop complaining because they understand or accept your ideas, they stop complaining because they've given up and no ones listening.

GG Blizz GG

We can raise this topic to exalted in a few days since the post rate is at about 2-3 posts per minute. The grind is kinda fast here.

This should mean something, having someone posting every 30 secs. And all unanimous about how it was not a good idea.
02/09/2011 10:40 AMPosted by Lunitari
Did you read my post at all? Here it is. I had 40 reps and got the exalted title. They changed it with the Shattering and upped it to 45, I did that, too. Now, I have had over 50 exalted reputations. The ones that are not, RIGHT NOW, exalted, are not being counted. I got Insane done for that title, and I did cartel reps FIRST, then I got bloodsail, destroying my cartel rep. That is FOUR reputations I should get credit for, that I am not getting credit for. I also switched from Scryers to Aldor for Hero of Shattrath FoS. I also switched between the two tribes in Sholazar basin to get Mercenary of Sholozar. The reps that are not right now at exalted, are Not being counted. This is wrong, and a gross oversight.

Hate to say this, but i noticed the count change when i switched from Frenzyheart ---> Oracles, 4 months into wrath. This is hardly anything new. Same thing with Aldor and Scryers. It sucks but its been this way for years. It seems that for this particular achievement you need to have the number blizz chose all at once.. not over the sum of histories. Im not sure if this is how "The Insane" works.. never bothered with it.

I got the title when it was relevant, well over a year ago. After I got it I didn't worry about grinding other reps to exalted that I didn't really care to get (PvP, certain raids).

Then Cata came along and I got all the cata reps, and I am at 48 reputations. So according to your logic, I don't deserve to get the title, because I didn't bother to get the other reps THAT I DIDN'T NEED at the time it was relevant because I already had the title?

That makes no sense. So now I have to go back, and either grind my goblins, or PvP, or some crappy raid reputation just to get back that which I already earned over a year ago...
I didn't start the game until about halfway through Wrath, but something tells me this wouldn't have taken place before Activision got involved. Blizz used to be above reproach as a gaming company. Between this and RealID though?? I'm starting to get a little jaded.
i wish we could downrate blue posts.
02/09/2011 9:35 AMPosted by Sváfa
The point to them saying something about that character is that you have shown that you have NO character interested in any achievements at all, let alone the exalted rep one.
That's a bit of an assumption to make purely based on my posting character, especially when considering some of those commenting on my avatar are posting on 85s with fewer than 10 Reputations at Exalted. So, if you wish that I obviously have no interest in achievements, then I'm not terribly convinced they have any interest either. But that's entirely irrelevant to the discussion. This isn't a discussion about our interest or how far along we are; it's a discussion about our views on a decision made by Blizzard. The character you or I post on has very little importance in this matter.

Again little belf dk ...either post on your main and show rest of us how much you really lack in what you have done in the course of this game or just shut up ...you have no room to talk about how these players feel about a title they worked many many months if not years for...you have no vocal/bone in this dog fight your a lost cause..cause your too chicken to show your main. Just about every other other poster here against this title taken away have posted on high level toons not fresh made ones.