Ret 4.0.6 worse than before

Paladin
1 2 3 5 Next
EDIT: this post was probably a little premature, im doing wonderful dps now in heroics. feel free to read and learn from my mistakes if you are having frustration or trouble with the new ret :D

Well 4.0.6 is here.

Let me start off by saying that before this patch hit i was perfectly fine with ret. Sure ret dps suffered at the start of heroics, but it scaled extremely well with gear. Once you got into full heroic it seemed like i was getting holy power off every ability i used. I had more procs than i knew what to do with and my dps (blowing CDs) was topping the dps charts.

Now the patch hits and my dps actually lowers. Yesterday i did a training dummy test with my CDs and got around 14k average. Today i did a dps test and i do 10k with NO sign of it improving.

Holy power generates 4 times slower. I am CD starved for 3 seconds. My procs never come up anymore, and the ramp time it takes for my dps to start getting high is rediculous.

The good news is ret gets a more steady dps flow. If a mob survives long enough for your the ramp time to come to full, the dps is probably up there with other classes.

To tell the truth, i was getting annoyed with ret last patch because i wasnt getting into raids, just because i was ret (even though i could out-dps the other people in the raid), but now i probably shouldnt get invited to raids. I cant imagine bosses that require MOVING AROUND.

Well blizzard thanks for the new patch. You fixed ret lol good job. Now i am more of a joke.
what did i say for the past 2 weeks ?
Sky = falling
You won't get accurate tests with uncapped hit and expertise against a dummy, it will be extremely random depending on miss/dodge/parry. Also going to go out ona limb and assume you weren't attacking the raid dummy. Hand of Light does 1 damage against the 1 HP dummy since it doesn't "over kill", so that's a huge dps loss in itself.

The patch is a buff.

Boss fights with "MOVING AROUND" are actually substantially easier due to the changes on censure stacking, so not sure where that's coming from.
your looking at my pvp gear, my glyph of truth of light actually gives me my expertise cap and my hit cap is at like 0.09% miss chance, not enough to make a difference.

Wasnt attacking the raid dummy because most raids dont pick up rets so might as well test dps for heroics.

As to moving around, with the censure dot ticking and lowering dps and ramp time resetting, its not easier sustainable
I want to say to the guy that posted this .. really ? dude my gear is !@%* i use to only hold on heroics 10-12k and on dummys i was only holding 9-10k. Now dummy 13k-14. heroics steady fight 15 on the mark np

My SoT stacks much faster even from target to target.
Well the 1 hit point dummies wont show the new mastery's damage. it will always hit for 1.

I don't understand your last statement still, you can use judgment and exorcism to keep censure stacks up on mobs that go into an 'air phase' or move around. And our ramp up time for complete target switching goes from 5 auto attacks to 5 GCD's. That's a very significant change.

The patch is an undeniable buff in PvE, if you see it as a nerf then you are just doing it wrong.
Now, is the buff enough? Hell no.
Pretty much all I see is a slight buff to CS and DS, increase mana for heals and a couple more nerfs. Guess it's time to hang up the ret gear and go perma tank.
You're doing it wrong.

Pretty much all I see is a slight buff to CS and DS, increase mana for heals and a couple more nerfs. Guess it's time to hang up the ret gear and go perma tank.

People like you....., i'm glad you're leaving this class. Bye
02/08/2011 10:40 AMPosted by Algernax

Omg is anyone testing out there dps /rotation!?!?! I hated what they did to ret but this patch was great. Now i cant buy my dps t11 and not my tank *#@# .

I'll see on weds when i raid if im not seeing what you guy are seeing .
I don't PvE, but I'm curious. Did the divine storm buff make it worth using for AoE against trash mobs? I remember someone figured out before that it was only worth it on 5+ targets.

I believe that is till the rule of thumb, since they also buffed CS. It's slightly better due to hand of light and the weapon damage buff, but not producing a guaranteed holy power neuters it completely.
Pre patch raid test dummy 10-12k Patch 13-14k
In a heroic (Without 15% buff) 14-15k after patch

Those are just my numbers for the past hour and a half. It is a buff and a good one. Will i be first on dps meter in raids well ....no.
hmmm maybe i am doing something wrong

so would haste/mastery be better than crit now? Also does anyone ever use Zealotry? If so, when do you throw it into a boss rotation?
Pre patch raid test dummy 10-12k Patch 13-14k
In a heroic (Without 15% buff) 14-15k after patch

Those are just my numbers for the past hour and a half. It is a buff and a good one. Will i be first on dps meter in raids well ....no.

Thank you !! Same thing im seeing on my #s.
Ret is not worse than before.....at least in PvP.

No clue on PvE.

Sustained went up, burst potential went up, survivability went up, self-healing went up, and we even got to keep our nifty niche of being the best off-heal dps.
02/08/2011 10:48 AMPosted by Darger

Will you even go up to the middle? Probably not